Platinum Trophy Walkthrough

Dan-Retired-02

Here is a playlist of all the trophies to collect and the fastest and easiest way to get them for people who want a quick platinum. (I recommend only using this guide if you are really stuck).

I will also be adding all Easter eggs and Secrets into the playlist.

Playlist here: http://bit.ly/1OWL136

Just so I'm not fully self promoting here is some image based walkthroughs and other walkthroughs you can use if you do not wish to use mine!

-http://au.ign.com/wikis/the-witness/Puzzle_Solutions

-http://venturebeat.com/2016/01/30/the-witness-walkthrough/

-http://www.gamesradar.com/the-witness-walkthrough-puzzle-solutions-guide/

Goddammit, the game is around puzzles, shit like this completely defeats the point of playing a puzzle game. This game is incredible and i don't want to see it turning into a VN auto skip platinum. Goddammit.

It's there for people who are completely stuck, yes there are those who will follow it step by step but thats upto them. Personally if i spent £30 on a puzzle game then i would want it to last as long as possible, that price is way to high. Il be waiting for a considerable drop in price before i get this.

Goddammit, the game is around puzzles, shit like this completely defeats the point of playing a puzzle game. This game is incredible and i don't want to see it turning into a VN auto skip platinum. Goddammit.

Agreed, but any game is going to have some kind of guide to it. It's just the way of things. That said, anyone that relies on a guide to breeze through the puzzles without learning anything is going to have a bad time when they get to the "certain challenge."

• Like 1

It's there for people who are completely stuck, yes there are those who will follow it step by step but thats upto them. Personally if i spent £30 on a puzzle game then i would want it to last as long as possible, that price is way to high. Il be waiting for a considerable drop in price before i get this.

While i do agree that you can do the shit you legally want with the things you have purchased, there are already other titles that have felt mercy of the quick platinum shit. There is nubla for the ps4, all i want is that a game like The Witness gets the full attention it deserves. If you want to get the fastest on this game, please play legit on another account first, i have NOTHING against that, just do not skip the wonder that The Witness beholds.

Agreed, but any game is going to have some kind of guide to it. It's just the way of things. That said, anyone that relies on a guide to breeze through the puzzles without learning anything is going to have a bad time when they get to the "certain challenge."

Oh, so are they bound to get fucked later on the game just like Catherine fucks who use guides for hardmode and then enter babel?

While this does not suffice to remove my previous complaint, getting stuck somewhere a punishment certainly makes my heart stop skipping beats.

Edited by TheYuriG

I don't want to get too off topic, but I say if you liked Portal 2's single player campaign, then The Witness is a similar or better value proposition. That might help you decide when the price is right.

On topic:

Why not use the site's features to do a trophy guide?

Wait... and no VO during the video?

I hope you take this as the constructive criticism it is intended to be, but VO really helps in these things. Check out Brian from PS4Trophies. His VO provides the context for what the player is seeing on screen, which can be really helpful for the viewer. That's a lot more "added value" than simply making a thumbnail and logo.

Hey, some feedback: You first video doesn't show a secret, it's a normal room you even have to find to get 100%. The shady tree video won't help you if you are stuck as it skips all shady tree puzzles. You should add the other puzzles in that area if you want to help players to get more than just the trophy.

• Like 1

Are there any trophies that are missable?

Nah, not really. You can beat the game and not get all trophies, but at no point are you ever "locked out" of going back and getting the rest. There is a final cutscene at the end which I guess you could call a point of no return, but it's very obvious when it is going to occur (you have to initiate it) and the game auto-saves right before it. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...