Stand-In Ensemble Cast trophies Solo Split Screen

Papidadi

Greetings Black Ops 1 zombie players,

I just wanted to share a video that shows how to attain the Golden Rod in split screen mode solo, as you control both players. Please note that this video only shows how to attain the Golden Rod. You must deliver the Golden Rod to the same tube you have dropped the vodka bottle into and knife the fuse box a couple of times to complete the EE and unlock the trophies. Good Luck...

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R9KGSDmFl8

Edited by Papidadi

• 2 months later...

Here are some notes I made on N3H when I completed Call of the Dead Solo:

I completed all the trophies except Ensemble Cast solo. I had a lot of problems getting the VR-11 to drop, after playing for most of an evening it dropped after around 100 attempts and finally got Stand In at Round 16 and then quit at Round 18.

I then looked into Ensemble Cast and found out you can do this solo split screen, not only that but using the "Lighthouse Glitch" could have saved me hours getting the rest of the trophies. If only I'd known then what I do now. Anyway here it is:

All 5 trophies in one game!
In order to get all 5 trophies in one game your main aim is Ensemble Cast.

1. Start a solo split screen game.

2. Run Player 1 to the debris towards the lighthouse. Now get player 2 to knife two zombies. Your score will be $760, clear the debris where Player 1 is for $750. Now leave Player 2 and continue with Player 1. Don't revive Player 2 when he's killed.

3. Knife remaining zombies with Player 1 and buy the M16 for $500. Round 2 use your pistol to maximise points and knife for the final kill. Leave 1 zombie alive. You should have over $2000. With the $2000 clear the doors required to do the Lighthouse glitch and move Player 1 to the front of the lighthouse, patiently wait for the final zombie to come to you and kill it.

4. Player 2 will now spawn as Round 3 starts in front of the lighthouse. Move Player 2 to the glitch position. Now with Player 1 clear the zombies but leave 1 remaining. Now turn on the power by running the long way round (through the start area). You will need $2750 to get to the power room. When done, run back to the lighthouse and begin the Easter Egg. Complete the fuse part and begin the generators.

5. The generators can be a pain and you will need to unlock a number of doors. If you run out of doors buy the Semtex. This may take 2 to 3 rounds to complete but the earlier you finish this the better.

6. Now the only risky part of the game. The vodka bottle. This is the ONLY point you need to move player 2. First get to the end of the round and create at least one crawler, they need to be moving slow which is why you want to do this as early on as possible. Now locate the bottle and move player 1 directly underneath it. Now run Player 2 to the location, as you get there check to see how close the zombies and George are. Knife the bottle so Player 1 catches it. Run player 2 back to the glitch position and continue with Player 1. This is the difficult bit done.

7. Continue all remaining steps to the easter egg. The only area you need to be wary of is turning the dials as this takes place in the lighthouse and you want to be careful a zombie doesn't creep up on you, also if you take too long a crawler will turn into a standard zombie, if this happens turn them back to a crawler.

8. Keep going until you reach the VR-11 step, hopefully you will get as lucky as I did. I got it on the 12th attempt at the box, at this point I was on Round 11.

9. With the VR-11 you need a good secondary weapon. Also ensure when you try and kill the man as he ascends the green light you did it on the top floor as this gives you a better angle.

10. With this done you can pick up the rod, insert it at the left of the door, listen to the dialogue, knife the fuse box and pick up the weapon to achieve Ensemble Cast and Stand In. With the wonder weapon use every round on George to weaken him (it won't kill him)

11. If you have enough money to PAP your VR-11 then do it, if not complete more rounds until you can. Always leave crawlers each round. Once you've PAP'd your VR-11 shoot a zombie 3 times in rapid succession to make him explode. You now have Stuntman.

12. Now complete rounds and keep at the mystery box until you get the Scavenger and swap this out with the VR-11, ideally this late on in the game you should PAP it. Create a lot of zombie crawlers and try to do a zombie train with them close to the wall to the left of the front of the lighthouse (where the first foghorn is). Now run back to the start area and back up to the fence, fire one shot to get Shooting On Location.

13. This will probably kill all remaining zombies, if so complete another round, if not knife George once and get him to chase you to water to isolate him. Go to work on him with your remaining PAP'd Scavenger shots, this should kill him and earn you Quiet on the Set and 100% on Call of the Dead.

In reality it may be a bit too tricky to get them all in one game but you certainly want to get Stuntman at the same time as Ensemble Cast. Also you want to earn Quiet on the Set at the same time as Shooting on Location.

Should you buy Juggernog? That is a personal decision. I didn't bother as I wanted to make sure I had as many points as possible as early as possible. As you can quick revive with player 2 I didn't feel the need. One thing you have to be aware of though is that when you go down you lose points, Player 2 gains points by reviving you. If you go down a lot you might want to get Juggernog. Also be aware though if you do go down you lose your perks so you could waste $2500. With all this in mind you need to practice being able to run zombie trains otherwise you could lose almost as much as you earn.

VR-11 step. When I killed the man going up in the green beam I used a PAP'd scavenger and he died in one hit. In the previous round I had an RPK and didn't kill him, although I wasn't standing in a good location. This part can be tricky so you do need a good secondary weapon.

Is Player 2 invisible when I do the glitch? No he isn't but for some reason the only way the zombies can attack is by going through the lighthouse and out the main door. As you have not opened the main door they get stuck there!

With Player 2 in the glitch position turn him round to face you, wherever you are in front of the lighthouse you should be able to crawl back in time to be revived if you go down without ever having to move Player 2. Just be careful near the end of rounds when you think the last of the zombies have spawned they may still be behind the door so never let your guard down.

Ensemble Cast took me around 3 hours to complete so make sure you have a good amount of time allocated before you begin.

Video - Lighthouse Glitch

Video - All Easter Egg steps for Ensemble Cast

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Here are some notes I made on N3H when I completed Call of the Dead Solo:

I completed all the trophies except Ensemble Cast solo. I had a lot of problems getting the VR-11 to drop, after playing for most of an evening it dropped after around 100 attempts and finally got Stand In at Round 16 and then quit at Round 18.

I then looked into Ensemble Cast and found out you can do this solo split screen, not only that but using the "Lighthouse Glitch" could have saved me hours getting the rest of the trophies. If only I'd known then what I do now. Anyway here it is:

All 5 trophies in one game!

In order to get all 5 trophies in one game your main aim is Ensemble Cast.

1. Start a solo split screen game.

2. Run Player 1 to the debris towards the lighthouse. Now get player 2 to knife two zombies. Your score will be $760, clear the debris where Player 1 is for $750. Now leave Player 2 and continue with Player 1. Don't revive Player 2 when he's killed.

3. Knife remaining zombies with Player 1 and buy the M16 for $500. Round 2 use your pistol to maximise points and knife for the final kill. Leave 1 zombie alive. You should have over $2000. With the $2000 clear the doors required to do the Lighthouse glitch and move Player 1 to the front of the lighthouse, patiently wait for the final zombie to come to you and kill it.

4. Player 2 will now spawn as Round 3 starts in front of the lighthouse. Move Player 2 to the glitch position. Now with Player 1 clear the zombies but leave 1 remaining. Now turn on the power by running the long way round (through the start area). You will need $2750 to get to the power room. When done, run back to the lighthouse and begin the Easter Egg. Complete the fuse part and begin the generators.

5. The generators can be a pain and you will need to unlock a number of doors. If you run out of doors buy the Semtex. This may take 2 to 3 rounds to complete but the earlier you finish this the better.

6. Now the only risky part of the game. The vodka bottle. This is the ONLY point you need to move player 2. First get to the end of the round and create at least one crawler, they need to be moving slow which is why you want to do this as early on as possible. Now locate the bottle and move player 1 directly underneath it. Now run Player 2 to the location, as you get there check to see how close the zombies and George are. Knife the bottle so Player 1 catches it. Run player 2 back to the glitch position and continue with Player 1. This is the difficult bit done.

7. Continue all remaining steps to the easter egg. The only area you need to be wary of is turning the dials as this takes place in the lighthouse and you want to be careful a zombie doesn't creep up on you, also if you take too long a crawler will turn into a standard zombie, if this happens turn them back to a crawler.

8. Keep going until you reach the VR-11 step, hopefully you will get as lucky as I did. I got it on the 12th attempt at the box, at this point I was on Round 11.

9. With the VR-11 you need a good secondary weapon. Also ensure when you try and kill the man as he ascends the green light you did it on the top floor as this gives you a better angle.

10. With this done you can pick up the rod, insert it at the left of the door, listen to the dialogue, knife the fuse box and pick up the weapon to achieve Ensemble Cast and Stand In. With the wonder weapon use every round on George to weaken him (it won't kill him)

11. If you have enough money to PAP your VR-11 then do it, if not complete more rounds until you can. Always leave crawlers each round. Once you've PAP'd your VR-11 shoot a zombie 3 times in rapid succession to make him explode. You now have Stuntman.

12. Now complete rounds and keep at the mystery box until you get the Scavenger and swap this out with the VR-11, ideally this late on in the game you should PAP it. Create a lot of zombie crawlers and try to do a zombie train with them close to the wall to the left of the front of the lighthouse (where the first foghorn is). Now run back to the start area and back up to the fence, fire one shot to get Shooting On Location.

13. This will probably kill all remaining zombies, if so complete another round, if not knife George once and get him to chase you to water to isolate him. Go to work on him with your remaining PAP'd Scavenger shots, this should kill him and earn you Quiet on the Set and 100% on Call of the Dead.

In reality it may be a bit too tricky to get them all in one game but you certainly want to get Stuntman at the same time as Ensemble Cast. Also you want to earn Quiet on the Set at the same time as Shooting on Location.

Should you buy Juggernog? That is a personal decision. I didn't bother as I wanted to make sure I had as many points as possible as early as possible. As you can quick revive with player 2 I didn't feel the need. One thing you have to be aware of though is that when you go down you lose points, Player 2 gains points by reviving you. If you go down a lot you might want to get Juggernog. Also be aware though if you do go down you lose your perks so you could waste $2500. With all this in mind you need to practice being able to run zombie trains otherwise you could lose almost as much as you earn.

VR-11 step. When I killed the man going up in the green beam I used a PAP'd scavenger and he died in one hit. In the previous round I had an RPK and didn't kill him, although I wasn't standing in a good location. This part can be tricky so you do need a good secondary weapon.

Is Player 2 invisible when I do the glitch? No he isn't but for some reason the only way the zombies can attack is by going through the lighthouse and out the main door. As you have not opened the main door they get stuck there!

With Player 2 in the glitch position turn him round to face you, wherever you are in front of the lighthouse you should be able to crawl back in time to be revived if you go down without ever having to move Player 2. Just be careful near the end of rounds when you think the last of the zombies have spawned they may still be behind the door so never let your guard down.

Ensemble Cast took me around 3 hours to complete so make sure you have a good amount of time allocated before you begin.

Video - Lighthouse Glitch

Video - All Easter Egg steps for Ensemble Cast

I did that and it worked fine until i came to the point where i have to change the ship controls. I did that correctly but the submarine didn´t appear. Do you have an idea why this is?

*EDIT* i did the complete EE again and now everything worked. :)

Edited by Alex_R-13

I did that and it worked fine until i came to the point where i have to change the ship controls. I did that correctly but the submarine didn´t appear. Do you have an idea why this is?

*EDIT* i did the complete EE again and now everything worked. :)

Excellent, glad you got the Easter Egg done.

Best of luck on your last two trophies for 100%.

Not sure if this will help:

Rezurrection - In General

• Restart until Juggernog is available next to the teleporter. Achieve $2500 and pick it up before teleporting.
  • Take the Tunnel 6 path, it costs less.
  • You can either have the PES or the Hacker, you can’t have them at the same time. Remember which one you have as it’s easy to forget when it gets hectic. You can’t use the Hacker until the power is on or you’ll suffocate.
  • Hack as many doors as possible to save money, also remember to hack the zombie window spawn points to border them back up, you will get $100 each time even if only one panel missing. Don’t hack each window too many times per round otherwise it will cost you money instead.
  • Recommended Perk A Cola’s – Juggernog, PHD Flopper, Mule Kick, Speed Cola
  • Recommended Weapons – 1. Mustang and Sally, 2. Wave Gun, 3. Galil > AUG > RPK
  • Mustang and Sally will save your life in those “Oh Shit” situations, be careful though as it’s an explosive it could blow out the windows in the station, in the Biodome you’re fine. Only use when you have PHD Flopper. PAP all weapons. In later rounds you’ll have more money than you can spend.
  • Run zombie trains in the Biodome and never let it breach. Running circles around the perimeter will keep the spaceman in the middle out of the way. While running always have M&S equipped just in case then switch to your second/third weapon to take a train down.

One Giant Leap

This can become an absolute pain, all because of the randomness of the excavators. I followed the guides for this trophy but thought I would add a couple of things.

I did the solo method of having a second controller and moving to a position were zombies cannot see you at the side of the rock near the Samantha Says computer. It’s quite tricky to find it initially because you're literally one step from falling off but once you do you can leave it be.

Now for a quirk I found – If the Biodome or Tunnel 11 is breached, all is well, but for some reason if Tunnel 6 is breached 1 or more zombies can see your second player and kills him. If tunnel 11 breaches first your laughing. However if your second player is killed all is not lost, what you will have to do instead is at the end of every round with 1 zombie left make your way back to the starting area, kill the last zombie and your second player will respawn. You can then run back to the Biodome with your M&S, rinse and repeat.

• Like 1

Excellent, glad you got the Easter Egg done.

Best of luck on your last two trophies for 100%.

Not sure if this will help:

Rezurrection - In General

• Restart until Juggernog is available next to the teleporter. Achieve $2500 and pick it up before teleporting.
  • Take the Tunnel 6 path, it costs less.
  • You can either have the PES or the Hacker, you can’t have them at the same time. Remember which one you have as it’s easy to forget when it gets hectic. You can’t use the Hacker until the power is on or you’ll suffocate.
  • Hack as many doors as possible to save money, also remember to hack the zombie window spawn points to border them back up, you will get $100 each time even if only one panel missing. Don’t hack each window too many times per round otherwise it will cost you money instead.
  • Recommended Perk A Cola’s – Juggernog, PHD Flopper, Mule Kick, Speed Cola
  • Recommended Weapons – 1. Mustang and Sally, 2. Wave Gun, 3. Galil > AUG > RPK
  • Mustang and Sally will save your life in those “Oh Shit” situations, be careful though as it’s an explosive it could blow out the windows in the station, in the Biodome you’re fine. Only use when you have PHD Flopper. PAP all weapons. In later rounds you’ll have more money than you can spend.
  • Run zombie trains in the Biodome and never let it breach. Running circles around the perimeter will keep the spaceman in the middle out of the way. While running always have M&S equipped just in case then switch to your second/third weapon to take a train down.

One Giant Leap

This can become an absolute pain, all because of the randomness of the excavators. I followed the guides for this trophy but thought I would add a couple of things.

I did the solo method of having a second controller and moving to a position were zombies cannot see you at the side of the rock near the Samantha Says computer. It’s quite tricky to find it initially because you're literally one step from falling off but once you do you can leave it be.

Now for a quirk I found – If the Biodome or Tunnel 11 is breached, all is well, but for some reason if Tunnel 6 is breached 1 or more zombies can see your second player and kills him. If tunnel 11 breaches first your laughing. However if your second player is killed all is not lost, what you will have to do instead is at the end of every round with 1 zombie left make your way back to the starting area, kill the last zombie and your second player will respawn. You can then run back to the Biodome with your M&S, rinse and repeat.

thanks for the tips :), but finding players for the shangri-la EE will be hard  :huh:

thanks for the tips :), but finding players for the shangri-la EE will be hard  :huh:

Yes the EE is the hardest as you need 4 players, it's the only zombie trophy you can't solo (except for They Are Going Through which is glitched - or was)

I did it months before the others as a couple of veterans helped me, I didn't have a clue what I was doing so it's the only trophy I can't offer any help with I'm afraid.

You could try and set a session up on here, the last time I saw one set up there were still a few pro's who were willing to help out.

• 3 years later...

Wish I read this before I did it on solo.  Anyone know for sure if the lighthouse glitch still works?

Can confirm the lighthouse glitch works a treat.  Finally done with this map,  only 2 to go.  

Edited by closertim

• 1 year later...

ive been trying the morse code radios for hours. im running my ass off doing all 4 in order yet it never works.

edit: i finally got it to work. i exited the match and started all over again. i think i didnt do the dials correctly and went to the morse code which seemed to erase all the progress. it seems if you screw one part up then you gotta re do the level. i walked away from the door convo and that also erased the progress and no fuse showed up. anyways i got to say that was one of the most difficult trophies ive done in a long time. the fact they put george in this map following you everywhere is annoying as hell. he basically pins you in small rooms and kills you

Edited by melodicmizery