Best way to raise lily ranks?

No your not doing anything wrong its just that its best if you wait till you get novel idea chips and on true end route or maybe ng+ since all characters is available from the start on there theres a link on the forum godly sucky game disc to find them plus you only need to use skill moves like nepgears offensive cheer to increase everyones lily rank though wih novel chips its takes about 10 to 15 attacks to increase but like i said your fine its just takes a whole lot longer for it to increase from the very start like 100 attacks not battles

Unlike other Neptunia games, this time around your characters will only strenghen their lily bonds with other front row party members. So whoever you put in the back row don't gain any Lily Rank increase.

As Sandra mentionned, it's much faster to grind it once you get the Novel Chip (Lily rank increase level 5) BUT you can start as soon as you get your first Lily Rank chip.

By using the Develop Disc in cities, use up all your best Idea Chips whenever you get any because this time around, whenever you reformat the disc, you get your chips back! This wasn't the case in previous Neptunia games, so don't be afraid to use the Develop Disc feature instead of saving them for end-game or the God/Bad Disc trophies etc.

Unlike other Neptunia games, this time around your characters will only strenghen their lily bonds with other front row party members. So whoever you put in the back row don't gain any Lily Rank increase.

Thaaat's... kinda BS o.O

I'm enjoying the game, there is so much to do, I think I'm over doing it being nearly level 40 and still on chapter 2.1

In Neptunia, you are never overleved :P

Thaaat's... kinda BS o.O

In Neptunia, you are never overleved :P

They also made it that Unused characters and Back Row characters don't gain Exp anymore, used to be everyone you have would gain exp but not anymore. Anyway, the game is still a vast improvement compared to past entries, hope you play it soon.

Weren't you a fan of the Neptunia games? I don't see why you would skip on this game. It's literally the best Nep game out right now.

I don't plan to skip it, it's literally the next game I will be playing =D

It's just... more I know about the features of the game, less good I feel...

Plus, no Plutia, no best :P

I wouldn't say I was a fan, I would say I still am :awesome:

And something good about this game...?

I'm starting to understand why it flopped in Japan...

I haven't played it myself, but here's my opinions after watching a friend of mine play the second part of the game, "Hyperdimension Neptunia G", and some post-game content:

1. It's the first game since the original to have well-written character interactions.

2. The music is great. I'd place it up at the top with the original and Re;Birth1 in this regard.

3. It's the first game since the original to have an interesting plot. Mk2's conquest route doesn't count since it's only a small spin-off plot.

4. Characters who aren't the CPUs or CPU Candidates actually got a decent amount of screen time and character development.

5. Original dungeons for once! It's not just a constant rehashing of the same 5 or so dungeons ripped from Mk2 and Victory.

6. It's the first Neptunia game where the CPUs' jobs of governing their nations is actually relevant to the gameplay. Mk2 arguably had this too, but it was only in the form of collecting shares to trigger endings. Not the same!

Take my opinions with a grain of salt since I never actually played it myself nor do I know most of the story. But just watching it is motivation enough for me to try to find a job so I can afford a PS4 and this game. I wouldn't believe that the game flopped solely because the pointless, dull, optional grinding of Lily Ranks and maximum level was made worse, especially since the game's trophies were adjusted accordingly.

I wouldn't believe that the game flopped solely because the pointless, dull, optional grinding of Lily Ranks and maximum level was made worse, especially since the game's trophies were adjusted accordingly.

Obviously these aren't the only reasons. It's just the features they added to gameplay aren't really nice...

Apart from those two, you have NEXT forms which revert CPUs back to human form after use (unless that was changed), huge bosses you need to part break which only raises the time you need to spend on boss fight (and could have been used on story segments), shares that no longer affect endings but you still need to collect them to raise power... Of course, non-repeated dungeons are a good addition.

I'm not talking about story here, because I need to experience it myself. =D But all your points are pretty much story-wise =D I have no doubts story is great (well, it IS 3 games in one, if it did not have a good story, it would be kinda bad =D) but if they tweak gameplay the wrong way, you can't enjoy the story that well.

Dunno, I might be too pessimistic just from reading things about it and I will need to experience it myself.

Obviously these aren't the only reasons. It's just the features they added to gameplay aren't really nice...

Apart from those two, you have NEXT forms which revert CPUs back to human form after use (unless that was changed), huge bosses you need to part break which only raises the time you need to spend on boss fight (and could have been used on story segments), shares that no longer affect endings but you still need to collect them to raise power... Of course, non-repeated dungeons are a good addition.

I'm not talking about story here, because I need to experience it myself. =D But all your points are pretty much story-wise =D I have no doubts story is great (well, it IS 3 games in one, if it did not have a good story, it would be kinda bad =D) but if they tweak gameplay the wrong way, you can't enjoy the story that well.

Dunno, I might be too pessimistic just from reading things about it and I will need to experience it myself.

Play the game and come back with your verdict. Seriously ^^

NEXT forms reverting to human form is likely a thing just to balance the gameplay and only seems to happen when you use the NEXT form's ultimate EXE Drive attack. The reversion to human form is supposed to prevent you from spamming ultimate EXE Drive attacks for every single turn ever (thanks to the incredibly fast EXE Gauge recharge rate), because we all know from the original what happens if you let the player abuse the by-far most powerful attacks all day.

Regarding boss fights, it's a step in the right direction because an RPG boss fight should feel special rather than just being a regular enemy with a different model and more health. Most boss fights in the Neptunia series are easily cleared by mashing random basic attacks and maybe tossing a heal or item occasionally. A boss fight should be decently lengthy and make you feel like you've played skillfully, like in Trails of Cold Steel's Hard Mode. I'll admit I haven't seen a Part Break boss so I doubt they're anywhere near top-tier for RPGs, but just the sound of Part Breaks makes me think it's clearly an attempt at doing something to fix primitive boss fights.

I don't know a lot about the new share system in V-II beyond the fact that they aren't just for endings anymore. If they actually raise power like you say they do, that's actually in line with what shares were always supposed to do but never actually did well in previous games. Mk2 even said in a tutorial that shares make the CPUs stronger in battle but that was straight-up BS because it was not noticeable. Shares should be important to the gameplay, because they've been important in the story events in many games.

I'll admit, a lot of my post here is speculation based on observation of what I did see. But I got the feeling while watching my friend play that it surpasses the Neptunia standard of quality and am not surprised it has the highest rating of all Neptunia games on Metacritic.

You can actually just increase Lily Ranks super fast by spamming buffs/items on your party while in battle. AOE Buffs like Offensive Cheer count for everyone it hits, for example. Idea Chips make this faster, but I maxed Lily Ranks in about an hour with this method. I felt this one's plat was much easier than previous titles, but maybe that's just me.

• Like 2

it has the highest rating of all Neptunia games on Metacritic.

Why are you giving me more reason to be worried? :awesome:

You can actually just increase Lily Ranks super fast by spamming buffs/items on your party while in battle. AOE Buffs like Offensive Cheer count for everyone it hits, for example. Idea Chips make this faster, but I maxed Lily Ranks in about an hour with this method. I felt this one's plat was much easier than previous titles, but maybe that's just me.

Oh, this is actually nice... at least something.

But there is no need to rush increasing Lily Rank. With the amount of monsters you need to beat for Treasure Hunter, you'll easily get max lily ranks for a character before you get the plat as long as you have a lvl 3 or higher Lily rank chip.

About plat time, I'm putting about 35hrs, but if you know what you're doing, you can read all the dialogue and still get the plat in 30hrs.

Why are you giving me more reason to be worried? :awesome:

It is also tied for 2nd highest Famitsu score for a Neptunia game at 32. (Rebirth 1 got 33, Rebirth 2 got 32, and I can't find data on Rebirth 3)

But there is no need to rush increasing Lily Rank. With the amount of monsters you need to beat for Treasure Hunter, you'll easily get max lily ranks for a character before you get the plat as long as you have a lvl 3 or higher Lily rank chip.

About plat time, I'm putting about 35hrs, but if you know what you're doing, you can read all the dialogue and still get the plat in 30hrs.

I had mine at 52ish hours but I messed around a lot. And I wouldn't necessarily say treasure hunter would get you Lily Ranks if you don't actually use everyone. I preferred to just sit and max them out in an hour by spamming moves in several fights. I wasted an hour but  I didn't have to use the cast I don't care much for when running around on treasure hunter.  But hey to each their own. At least it didn't require max lily with everyone.