Buzz! - Will There Be Another Game?

JONNY-1992-_-

The last Buzz! Games were on PS3 - Buzz!: Quiz World (2009) and Buzz!: The Ultimate Music Quiz (2010) I know that the online servers were closed in 2013 and there has been no talk about a new Game that I know about. It's a shame because I really like this Series and it would be cool if a new Buzz! Game was released. Does anyone know why it's been so long since the last one and if there will be another?

Edited by JONNY-1992-_-

I remember Buzz. I downloaded that freebie version off the PSN many moons ago, pretty sweet.

I also had 2 of them on PSP, Master Quiz or something and some other one. I knicked them both from some store who was stupid enough to leave their PSP games in the cases on the shelf (fuck you, I was like 10, I didn't have enough money to buy them and I'm an asshole, deal with it). Pretty sweet, the pass around multiplayer / game sharing modes on them were / was sweet.

I'd probably buy it if they did a new one, closest thing I've got nowadays is that old Millionaire game for PS3 that I bought with the South Park DLC back in like 2011. Shame too, these kinds of games never get old, you only need one, but there isn't even really one, at least not a mainstream TV game show style game, that I can think of, for PS4 yet.

If it did come back though, I'd hope they'd throw out the novelty buzzer things, I mean, they're cool, but it's a trivia game, it's the easiest thing there is, you want to make it as cheap as possible if you want it to sell, and besides, a DS4 would work fine for that style of game anyways.

• Like 1

I remember Buzz. I downloaded that freebie version off the PSN many moons ago, pretty sweet.

I also had 2 of them on PSP, Master Quiz or something and some other one. I knicked them both from some store who was stupid enough to leave their PSP games in the cases on the shelf (fuck you, I was like 10, I didn't have enough money to buy them and I'm an asshole, deal with it). Pretty sweet, the pass around multiplayer / game sharing modes on them were / was sweet.

I'd probably buy it if they did a new one, closest thing I've got nowadays is that old Millionaire game for PS3 that I bought with the South Park DLC back in like 2011. Shame too, these kinds of games never get old, you only need one, but there isn't even really one, at least not a mainstream TV game show style game, that I can think of, for PS4 yet.

If it did come back though, I'd hope they'd throw out the novelty buzzer things, I mean, they're cool, but it's a trivia game, it's the easiest thing there is, you want to make it as cheap as possible if you want it to sell, and besides, a DS4 would work fine for that style of game anyways.

Haha! God shall judge you on the day you stole 2 Buzz Games for PSP and he'll congratulate you on your excellent choice of Games. I agree that these Games never get old. I still play Buzz!: Quiz World on PS3 with my Brother and best mate. There are so many questions it's unbelievable. We always mention to each other how great it is that we don't ever get repeat questions. I have to be honest though that I like the Buzzers. It really adds to it in my opinion, However I do know that Buzz!: Quiz Player (Which is the free PSN one you mentioned) allows a Dualshock 3 controller to be used rather than the Buzzers.

• Like 1

Haha! God shall judge you on the day you stole 2 Buzz Games for PSP and he'll congratulate you on your excellent choice of Games. I agree that these Games never get old. I still play Buzz!: Quiz World on PS3 with my Brother and best mate. There are so many questions it's unbelievable. We always mention to each other how great it is that we don't ever get repeat questions. I have to be honest though that I like the Buzzers. It really adds to it in my opinion, However I do know that Buzz!: Quiz Player (Which is the free PSN one you mentioned) allows a Dualshock 3 controller to be used rather than the Buzzers.

I like the buzzers, I do...it's just that they are an unnecessary additional cost. If they sold the buzzers standalone for the people who really want them, that's cool, but realistically if you're dealing with a situation like

Buy the standalone game for $20 or

Buy the same game but with some plastic buzzers you can only use in this one game for $60

then I know which one it most likely to sell more units.

If they came back and the game sold well, but the game was sold exclusively with the buzzers, then we'd have another Guitar Hero/Rock Band circa late 2000s situation, where every preowned store is full of the things and can't get rid of them.

The buzzers are pretty sweet though.

I like the buzzers, I do...it's just that they are an unnecessary additional cost. If they sold the buzzers standalone for the people who really want them, that's cool, but realistically if you're dealing with a situation like

Buy the standalone game for $20 or

Buy the same game but with some plastic buzzers you can only use in this one game for $60

then I know which one it most likely to sell more units.

If they came back and the game sold well, but the game was sold exclusively with the buzzers, then we'd have another Guitar Hero/Rock Band circa late 2000s situation, where every preowned store is full of the things and can't get rid of them.

The buzzers are pretty sweet though.

You're right, that's a fair point. It doesn't make make much sense to include the Buzzers. Especially when people already had them and didn't need new Buzzers only because they are wireless for example. My friend got the wireless Buzzers with Buzz on PS3 I think but we still use the wired Buzzers rather than the wireless ones because it's simple to hook them up to the PS3 via the USB cable and no need to have batteries every so often.

You're right, that's a fair point. It doesn't make make much sense to include the Buzzers. Especially when people already had them and didn't need new Buzzers only because they are wireless for example. My friend got the wireless Buzzers with Buzz on PS3 I think but we still use the wired Buzzers rather than the wireless ones because it's simple to hook them up to the PS3 via the USB cable and no need to have batteries every so often.

Exactly. This is also why I have my Guitar Hero 2 corded PS2 guitar right there, and the other wireless ones sit in the laundry until I want to play one of the newer games that demands their use.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I enjoyed so much Buzz back on the PS2 days . Was alot of fun to gather around a couple of friends and compete to see which one is smarter andof course almost of the time i ended up winning cause the PS2 and the game was mine and used to practice the questions alone at the point they will all repeat for me when i was playing against real people  :pimp:

Edited by Jiaho24