Trouble in "swamp of lost"

IkioiVita

I'm having the same issue!  I've played the level 8 times now.  I've tapped the sap out of that tree...  Fast, slow, hard, soft, pintpoint touches, gentle drags....I cant get it to pop the gem out.  I've had it spawn on the very edge of the map and also in the very middle of the map.  I've tried tapping it in the fog and also waiting til its out of the fog.  I tried targetting it with the d-pad and spamming the X button.  Doesn't seem to make a difference what I do, it won't give me the goods and it's getting rather annoying!

EDIT:  OK GOT IT!  Was on my 9th play though of the level.  The time that I got it, I walked up within a few spaces of the tree without tapping it at all.  I then selected the square the tree was on using the D-Pad and then relentlessly spammed the X button as fast as I could until it came out.  A bunch of standard loot gems come out first and then the red crystal pops out last.  In my previous failed attempts I possibly paused in the releasing of the standard gems from the tree or wasn't fast enough and that caused an issue.  That or it just truly is really buggy and will be luck based for everyone....

Edited by Misbik