do you miss big open worlds in a bethesda game?

Lonemankane

I just replayed oblivion today and I got to say that I miss the big open worlds we used to get in Bethesda past games, I mean skyrim is big in all but nothing like how oblivion is like going back in the game just opened my eyes what happen to the big open worlds we used to get? fallout 4's map is smaller then oblivion's along with skyrim and all the others I wish we could have bigger worlds like oblivion's one.

What do you all think? is the open world we have in skyrim or fallout big for you or are you like me who thinks it's smaller then the past games let me know what you think.

I think you're ignoring the fact that Fallout 4's world in a lot more dense than any map in previous Bethesda games. Sure, Oblivion's map might technically be larger, but there's much more to see in Fallout per square inch than Oblivion. 

Kind of an unfair point to bring up considering Oblivion's age, but nonetheless I think it's still a valid one. 

I just miss how good the games used to be... now they're made for casuals. 

Skyrim was dumbed down in comparison to Oblivion and Fallout 4... well fallout 4 is just gross. 

The open worlds don't annoy me as much as the dumbing down of the series does. 

Edited by AlphaTrash
  • Like 1

it is a far point for the whole of oblivion is full of new things to find in nearly every part of the map along with new quests in fallout 4 there is nearly nothing to do within the game for there is too many repeatable quests doing the same thing over and over same with skyrim it had a lot of new things to find in nearly every part of the map and not only that nearly every place has a mini quest to it, in fallout 3 there was more to find along with nv being filled with a lot to do fallout 4 can be done within 48 hours if you know where to go and know who to kill and all that.

also there is a lot of things in oblivion if you never done the quest you could go around the whole map and find gates to close and you find lots of caves or ruins that you can look in to find cool things, to me oblivion seems better along with fallout 3 and nv a lot better lot of things to do and yes the world was small in fallout 3 and nv but there is hardly nothing big and cool in fallout 4, but never the less I think Bethesda should give us a big open world like oblivion with a lot more things in it like they did in oblivion skyrim is cool and all but had less things the last game did it's the same with fallout 3 good stuff NV great stuff then fallout 4 hardly nothing big and new other then crapy repeatable quests.

One thing that was great about the bigger open spaces of Oblivion was when combined with mods. It allowed for interesting mods taking more space on the world map and maybe hidden away stuff. More strange stuff to explore and discover.

not only that the whole map had new things to do I mean there were near unlimited lots of quests in the main game to I mean I have not gone into a ruin that has not once had a new book that can give me new stuff or a new quest nearly all of them have new things and cool quests too

Skyrim was dumbed down in comparison to Oblivion and Fallout 4... well fallout 4 is just gross. 

I think the same, there is too many things being taken out of each new game they make it started with skyrim and it is going down and more down

Edited by KANERKB

Honestly, no big fan of any of the leveling in the TES series, but Oblivion was pretty terrible in that regard. It was a real pain to get the most out of each level, and you were worse off leveling after a certain point, because the enemies got that much stronger compared to you. This combined with how it was connected with sleeping limited the sleeping late in the game.

They did however butcher the magic with TES5.

• Like 1

Honestly, no big fan of any of the leveling in the TES series, but Oblivion was pretty terrible in that regard. It was a real pain to get the most out of each level, and you were worse off leveling after a certain point, because the enemies got that much stronger compared to you. This combined with how it was connected with sleeping limited the sleeping late in the game.

They did however butcher the magic with TES5.

you can say one thing though at least Oblivion kept the way you level up still there then the perk thing they had in skyrim, and they kept how big the world is all the quests and more

Edited by KANERKB