Overshadowed/Underused/Underrated Fictional Characters

Shaowsintzu

List a Character or a few characters ranging from Comics, Manga, Movies, Video Games, Film to Anime that you feel should get more awareness surrounding that specific character and if you'd like, what makes that character so appealing to yourself? I enjoy a little history lesson on characters I know nothing of.

3187274-1412008986-grift.jpg

Character Name: Grifter

Alter Ego: Cole Cash

What Genre: Comics

Why the spark of interest in Character?

Found this character when I was searching for Deadpool art featuring Deathstroke thus I just so happen to fall upon a bunch of characters that look similar in design to Deadpool so I wrote down their names Grifter was one out of the bunch and kept him in mind for whenever I order a comic book or head down to my local comic book shop, but one day I just so happen to be watching Justice League: Flashpoint Paradox and there I saw Grifter toting some arsenal teaming up with the Flash and Earth 2 Batman battling Aquaman and the Atlantians and ever since seeing that entire battle I was interested in knowing the character of Grifter. doesn't seem like theres no more than a handful of comics about the character so I only purchased two New 52 Volumes of Grifter on Amazon maybe one day he'll become a more widely know character, look into the character if you get the chance.

Edited by Shaowsintzu

When people think "Fire Emblem", usually they think Marth, Roy, Ike, Chrom, or Lucina. But everyone always overshadows the chosen one, the true hero of Fire Emblem Awakening and my personal favorite character in the whole series.

Everyone forgets...

tumblr_static_d42tbt36zc0gkgw40soowogsc_

Why is character is awesome.

Owain lived in a future where he watched his father die in front of his eyes and all the ones that he loved have been lost. So, he takes on the persona to be an "avenger," the "chosen one" so to speak, to fight on in their memory. He goes back into the past to prevent it all and to fight with the other siblings of his parents' comrades in order to prevent such a horrible future.

But what is really great about Owain is his personality. He puts on a persona where he calls himself the "chosen one" and he must keep his "sword hand" from unleashing its wrath onto his friends and enemies. The best part? He makes all this sh*t up. Though his tragic past is true, he is in fact, not the "chosen one" nor does he really have to keep his "sword hand" in check. He acts out his own fantasy world which you can't help but smile at. Pretending to be the ultimate hero and avenger turns out to be hilarious instead of serious.

He also has a great fascination with naming his weapons and making cool flashy names for his attacks. He later explains in support conversations with his comrades that he names his weapons and attacks as a psychological tactic to put fear into his enemies... or he's just nucking futs... we are still not sure!

Definitely the most interesting character in the Fire Emblem series... for good and bad! xD

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 1

Zack Fair from Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII

zack_by_dimension_dino-d99gkc2.png

I feel like he's a bit underrated when it comes to FF protagonists. I think of all the protagonists from VII and after he was the best one since he didn't feel like another angsty, dull, different take on Cloud or Squall. Or an annoying teenager. He was more upbeat and was a genuinely nice guy.

• Like 1

I feel like he's a bit underrated when it comes to FF protagonists. I think of all the protagonists from VII and after he was the best one since he didn't feel like another angsty, dull, different take on Cloud or Squall. Or an annoying teenager. He was more upbeat and was a genuinely nice guy.

He's far from underrated, like really, really far from underrated.

He got about 3-4 lines in the original game, then he gets an entire game for himself, appears in Advent Children and Birth by Sleep and ultimately expands a lot of FF7's well loved characters. I love him but he is far from underrated, underused and overshadowed. Still! that being said there is no such thing as too much Zack Fair.

source: http://www.novacrystallis.com/2012/12/japan-ranks-their-favorite-male-characters-from-the-final-fantasy-series/

I think Caius from FFXIII-2 is really underrated but a lot who have played the FF series will agree with me in saying he's definitely one of the best thought out villains of the series since Sephiroth or even Kefka (since some don't like Sephiroth's character much and still prefer this one).  Ultimecia is quite underrated too but she was only really a character you got to meet at the very end and very briefly through the game so it's understandable why she is forgettable by a lot.

• Like 3

Ultimecia is quite underrated too but she was only really a character you got to meet at the very end and very briefly through the game so it's understandable why she is forgettable by a lot.

Edea is far less forgettable. :P

Edea is far less forgettable. :P

I don't consider her underrated though.  She was seen as more of the main villain than Ultimecia was even though you are done with her very quickly in the game.

Edited by DEMON