"We Love The Plat" Discussion Topic

Omar

Very pleasant read Omar :D. Multiplayer trophies are also my weal spot. Luckily I got rid of the 100% profile completion percentage after getting an unobtainable plat. Saved me a lot of money that would've been spent on DLCs. Instead I try to complete games as much as possible and keep the average completion percentage above 90%.

I've also thought about ideas for future articles and came up with this: 

• Platinum trophies vs PSN 100%: what makes platinum trophies so appealing?
  • Trophy images. I do like it if developers go that extra mile and design stunning images :lol: Especially when a game has a beautifull plat image, that makes it feel like a nice reward from the developers to finish a game. I've noticed that games from Japanese developers often have nice images. While ugly images don't affect my decision to play or skip a game, I noticed I look into a game sooner if there are nice images. Here are some examples of images I really like

IA/VT Colorful 1L6b0b82.png

Persona 4 Golden 1L302bb8.png

Dragon's Dogma 1L010a29.png

Tales of Hearts R 1Le7ed9e.png

Dragon's Crown 1L84a87b.png

Final Fantasy XIII 1L5afca3.png

Catherine 1L21b6dd.png

Prince of Persia The Two Thrones 1Le4182e.png

Okami HD 1Lc0b30d.png

Assassin's Creed II 1Ledd3c0.png

Deus Ex Human Revolution 1L6d0765.png

Operation Abyss New Tokyo Legacy 1Le19f61.png

Resident Evil 5 1L48c11d.png

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus 1L61c15d.png

Dark Souls II 1L576d91.png

Not sure if it's useful at all though. I also thought of annoying things for gamers, such as people not showing up during boosting sessions or leaving as soon as they have the trophies, closed servers, server issues, broken multiplayer where everyone uses OP characters or spam OP moves, unobtainable trophies, grindy trophies, micro transactions and running into people who use it to become OP from the start, etc. But most of that has been discussed in this week's article.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

Damn mate, I hope one day I can write with that flawless style. Once again, you nailed it in offering a pleasant article.

Personally, I would never make an aim to go for a 100% profile. Neglecting a game for not having an obtainable trophy or buying DLC and stuff is not my thing.

However, I like getting my money's worth, and so I'll definitely strive to get that shiny plat and go even beyond that if the game deserves it :D Otherwise, I'm not afraid of leaving it behind and incomplete if it sucks.

• Like 2

Very pleasant read Omar :D. Multiplayer trophies are also my weal spot. Luckily I got rid of the 100% profile completion percentage after getting an unobtainable plat. Saved me a lot of money that would've been spent on DLCs. Instead I try to complete games as much as possible and keep the average completion percentage above 90%.

I've also thought about ideas for future articles and came up with this: 

• Platinum trophies vs PSN 100%: what makes platinum trophies so appealing?
  • Trophy images. I do like it if developers go that extra mile and design stunning images :lol: Especially when a game has a beautifull plat image, that makes it feel like a nice reward from the developers to finish a game. I've noticed that games from Japanese developers often have nice images. While ugly images don't affect my decision to play or skip a game, I noticed I look into a game sooner if there are nice images. Here are some examples of images I really like

IA/VT Colorful 1L6b0b82.png

Persona 4 Golden 1L302bb8.png

Dragon's Dogma 1L010a29.png

Tales of Hearts R 1Le7ed9e.png

Dragon's Crown 1L84a87b.png

Final Fantasy XIII 1L5afca3.png

Catherine 1L21b6dd.png

Prince of Persia The Two Thrones 1Le4182e.png

Okami HD 1Lc0b30d.png

Assassin's Creed II 1Ledd3c0.png

Deus Ex Human Revolution 1L6d0765.png

Operation Abyss New Tokyo Legacy 1Le19f61.png

Resident Evil 5 1L48c11d.png

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus 1L61c15d.png

Dark Souls II 1L576d91.png

Not sure if it's useful at all though. I also thought of annoying things for gamers, such as people not showing up during boosting sessions or leaving as soon as they have the trophies, closed servers, server issues, broken multiplayer where everyone uses OP characters or spam OP moves, unobtainable trophies, grindy trophies, micro transactions and running into people who use it to become OP from the start, etc. But most of that has been discussed in this week's article.

Wow Dragon, thank you so much for this awesome feedback! Your ideas are certainly useful, and some of them I had thought of before (expect an article on "the pains in the butt for trophy hunters" xD

I really like what you mentioned about trophy images, never thought of that! It may be worth considering, so thanks a lot ^_^

Damn mate, I hope one day I can write with that flawless style. Once again, you nailed it in offering a pleasant article.

Personally, I would never make an aim to go for a 100% profile. Neglecting a game for not having an obtainable trophy or buying DLC and stuff is not my thing.

However, I like getting my money's worth, and so I'll definitely strive to get that shiny plat and go even beyond that if the game deserves it :D Otherwise, I'm not afraid of leaving it behind and incomplete if it sucks.

Thank you my friend! As you are already aware of, I do know my English xD 

Your view is another one that passively helps completion. Even if it isn't your focus, you still gain completion as a bonus for getting the most of the games you play :D

• Like 2

Your view is another one that passively helps completion. Even if it isn't your focus, you still gain completion as a bonus for getting the most of the games you play :D

Definitely my friend! I was specifically speaking for obtaining every single trophy available to whatever backlog someone might have in the future or has at the moment.

However, for completion in the general sense, I agree with you. I believe it's one of the most satisfactory ways of getting your money's worth. Other ones would include making speedruns, challenging runs, etc.

Wow Dragon, thank you so much for this awesome feedback! Your ideas are certainly useful, and some of them I had thought of before (expect an article on "the pains in the butt for trophy hunters" xD

I really like what you mentioned about trophy images, never thought of that! It may be worth considering, so thanks a lot ^_^

Awesome, happy to be of some help :D. It's good to know the ideas are useful. Looking forward to the pains in the butt article.

• Like 1

Great read! I'm planning to buy the new Rachet over the summer when I know I can play it as soon as I get it and not backlogging it. The trophies for it look fun! And I may get DS3 at some point but I still need to play the first 2 plus Bloodborne

! (I own Demon's Souls already thanks to PS+.) And I definitely like that name for Enter The Gungeon's plat! Pretty epic platinum name for a milestone.

• Like 1

Great read! I'm planning to buy the new Rachet over the summer when I know I can play it as soon as I get it and not backlogging it. The trophies for it look fun! And I may get DS3 at some point but I still need to play the first 2 plus Bloodborne

! (I own Demon's Souls already thanks to PS+.) And I definitely like that name for Enter The Gungeon's plat! Pretty epic platinum name for a milestone.

Thank you for reading Dante, I'm glad you enjoyed it! I have Ratchet & Clank pre-ordered and it will arrive on Wednesday, but I don't think I can stop playing Dark Souls 3 at the moment, so hooked! 

Also, the moment I saw the name of Enter The Gungeon's plat I knew I had to comment on it, it's beyond cool xD

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That was really good, as usual. Have you thought about doing user interviews or survey type things for your articles?

Thank you for the feedback Inflam! For the time being I am not considering interviews or surveys because the articles are not much extended at all, but as things move forward I'll look into new ways of keeping things varied and exciting! 

Tomorrow is WLTP day, so look forward to a new article coming up ^_^ 

It's here! You can now read "We Love The Plat" #5! This time I talk about online trophy hunting! Enjoy! 

#5 - The Joy/Doom Of Online Multiplayer Trophies

Also feel free to share your thoughts on multiplayer trophy hunting after reading the article! Keep giving me tips on what topics I could cover and give me feedback if you feel like it, everything is hugely appreciated! I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did building it ^_^ 

• Like 1

It's here! You can now read "We Love The Plat" #5! This time I talk about online trophy hunting! Enjoy! 

#5 - The Joy/Doom Of Online Multiplayer Trophies

Also feel free to share your thoughts on multiplayer trophy hunting after reading the article! Keep giving me tips on what topics I could cover and give me feedback if you feel like it, everything is hugely appreciated! I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did building it  ^_^

As usual it was a good read Omar :yay:, though it felt a bit short. I agree with the sense of camaraderie, though I prefer not to grind online trophies for too long for 2 reasons:

1. I really don't like competitive mp.
  2. my internet connection sucks from time to time and that makes boosting regularly very hard.

Something that I've noticed lately is games with mp trophies that aren't so grindy, but those get DLC trophies with ridiculous requirements. For example Battlefield Hardline added a DLC that requires 40,000 online kills  :blink: . All in an attempt to keep gamers committed to it until the next Battlefield game. 

Btw I immediately thought of Star Ocean 4 when you mentioned singleplayer games with ridiculous requirements :lol:.

• Like 1

Good read my friend! I don't mind online in games that I really love like Modnation Racers, LBP, etc. that you can actually have a lot of fun while playing and even earn most of the trophies naturally. (I got all the original LBP 1 online trophies on my old account by playing naturally for about 2 months as an example.) But yeah I'm going to be boosting or working on my online trophies that are unearned pretty soon and the ones that are from games I love first will be my main goal like Dead Nation,Modnation Racers, Resogun PS4, Killzone Shadow Fall, etc. while the other stuff like Payday 2, SCV, Injustice, etc. will be worked on later. And I do hate it when servers go down. (I only have one game that has its servers shut down and that's Resistance 2.) One of my main trophy hunting goals is to knock out all online trophies before mid-2017 as I want to clear out my incomplete stuff. However, I don't intentionally avoid buying games that have shut down servers but I'm not interested in most of those games like older sports games for example. Overall, I think online trophies aren't bad if they don't have ridiculous requirements like what Dragon posted above and if they come naturally and without the use of heavy boosting or grinding!

• Like 1

Very nice read. I have done a little more than 50 games that requires online trophies in order to platinum them. That's exactly how I feel every game with online trophies has a deadline in which some you will know & some you won't. It's always a good feeling once you get all the online trophies for each game before servers close. It is sad when servers do go down as I missed the opportunity to do Unreal Tournament 3 & Dirt 2. For me I just do the best I can with every game I want to do and not let the trophy requirements put me off. Long as I enjoy my games even though they require online trophies, it will get done. Online trophies will never stop but if you really want that platinum, just do your best and get them done ASAP.

• Like 2

As usual it was a good read Omar :yay:, though it felt a bit short. I agree with the sense of camaraderie, though I prefer not to grind online trophies for too long for 2 reasons:

1. I really don't like competitive mp.
  2. my internet connection sucks from time to time and that makes boosting regularly very hard.

Something that I've noticed lately is games with mp trophies that aren't so grindy, but those get DLC trophies with ridiculous requirements. For example Battlefield Hardline added a DLC that requires 40,000 online kills  :blink: . All in an attempt to keep gamers committed to it until the next Battlefield game. 

Btw I immediately thought of Star Ocean 4 when you mentioned singleplayer games with ridiculous requirements :lol:.

Thanks for the read and the compliment! In terms of word count, this episode was one of the longest, which means you are enjoying them so much that they seem shorter to you :awesome: 

I am mostly with you on online MP, those who know me know it isn't my cup of tea, but I still wanted to see both sides of the scale objectively ^_^

Good read my friend! I don't mind online in games that I really love like Modnation Racers, LBP, etc. that you can actually have a lot of fun while playing and even earn most of the trophies naturally. (I got all the original LBP 1 online trophies on my old account by playing naturally for about 2 months as an example.) But yeah I'm going to be boosting or working on my online trophies that are unearned pretty soon and the ones that are from games I love first will be my main goal like Dead Nation,Modnation Racers, Resogun PS4, Killzone Shadow Fall, etc. while the other stuff like Payday 2, SCV, Injustice, etc. will be worked on later. And I do hate it when servers go down. (I only have one game that has its servers shut down and that's Resistance 2.) One of my main trophy hunting goals is to knock out all online trophies before mid-2017 as I want to clear out my incomplete stuff. However, I don't intentionally avoid buying games that have shut down servers but I'm not interested in most of those games like older sports games for example. Overall, I think online trophies aren't bad if they don't have ridiculous requirements like what Dragon posted above and if they come naturally and without the use of heavy boosting or grinding!

Thank you for reading Dante! I also enjoy the online MP that is for the fun, the equivalent of couch co-op with friends from across the globe. However, I do also boost if I need to. Ridiculous achievements are not a good thing in my book, because they reek of the devs wanting people to play their games for the ages by doing something irrelevant time and time again. That is a big bummer in some games but luckily it isn't that common :D

Very nice read. I have done a little more than 50 games that requires online trophies in order to platinum them. That's exactly how I feel every game with online trophies has a deadline in which some you will know & some you won't. It's always a good feeling once you get all the online trophies for each game before servers close. It is sad when servers do go down as I missed the opportunity to do Unreal Tournament 3 & Dirt 2. For me I just do the best I can with every game I want to do and not let the trophy requirements put me off. Long as I enjoy my games even though they require online trophies, it will get done. Online trophies will never stop but if you really want that platinum, just do your best and get them done ASAP.

Thank you for reading! Server shutting can be one of us trophy hunters' most dangerous enemies, as we have absolutely no way to prevent it and when it drops, it drops for good. Hopefully completionists will make sure they get it all done in time or their completion rate will be scarred until the end of time xD also that's a lot of games with online trophies! I have probably played around 10 or so lol

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone! 

We Love The Plat #6 will be delayed one week to make sure future scheduling works well enough. Expect a look at the hottest trophy sets in May next Friday, starting regular bi-weekly articles from that point forward! Please look forward to the next one! ^_^ 

• Like 1

Hey everyone! 

We Love The Plat #6 will be delayed one week to make sure future scheduling works well enough. Expect a look at the hottest trophy sets in May next Friday, starting regular bi-weekly articles from that point forward! Please look forward to the next one! ^_^

No!!! Why??? I need my bi-weekly shot of We Love The Plat :awesome:.

• Like 1

No!!! Why??? I need my bi-weekly shot of We Love The Plat :awesome:.

Good news for you mate, the wait is over!!

#6 - Hottest Trophy Sets Of The Month (May 2016)

I hope you guys enjoy reading it, I cover 3 heavy-hitters releasing this month xD

If you have played or are playing any of them, let me and everyone who reads know how you're doing! ^_^ 

Edited by Omar

Great read as usual my friend! :D I've only played Uncharted 4 out of these 3 but do plan on eventually buying DOOM. Uncharted 4 had a pretty fun platinum as it had some neat trophies like the Marco Polo one, the stage fail one, and some others. But it was a enjoyable platinum to go for and didn't get boring or tired to me personally. Great game with a good trophy list! What more could you ask for? And Doom's list does look pretty good as well.

Edited by DanteHellMode98

• 1 month later...

So what happened to WLTP #7 and #8?

I should have explained this earlier, will do now.

GearSiege cannot be accessed for the time being and probably won't be so for the next few days as, what started as a server migration, with its tweaks and adjustments, has turned into the company responsible for the server shift ERASING all content from the domain minus the basics. In short, GearSiege will be back with ZERO content, we'll have to start from scratch. Legal procedures have obviously been initiated, as the company screwed up and a compensation for the damages caused will be in order.

When it comes to We Love The Plat, I had #7 and #8 published but not posted in here because I was waiting for the site to be accessible again, and I had planned the double treat for you, but apparently it won't happen now. I will continue to write on it, but I still do not know how to handle it, considering WLTP #1-6 are lost forever. I may start from #1 again with new topics or write starting from #7, I am not sure yet. Anyhow, sorry for the inconvenience and I hope you stay tuned for upcoming content.

• Like 1

I should have explained this earlier, will do now.

GearSiege cannot be accessed for the time being and probably won't be so for the next few days as, what started as a server migration, with its tweaks and adjustments, has turned into the company responsible for the server shift ERASING all content from the domain minus the basics. In short, GearSiege will be back with ZERO content, we'll have to start from scratch. Legal procedures have obviously been initiated, as the company screwed up and a compensation for the damages caused will be in order.

When it comes to We Love The Plat, I had #7 and #8 published but not posted in here because I was waiting for the site to be accessible again, and I had planned the double treat for you, but apparently it won't happen now. I will continue to write on it, but I still do not know how to handle it, considering WLTP #1-6 are lost forever. I may start from #1 again with new topics or write starting from #7, I am not sure yet. Anyhow, sorry for the inconvenience and I hope you stay tuned for upcoming content.

Damn that sucks, don't you have any backups on your computer? It would be sad if WLTP 1-6 were lost forever.