Paragon Founders Packs are up and expensive.

Wavergray

Paragon will be a free to play MOBA later this year, but if you buy a Founder’s Pack you can play the beta starting this Friday (March 18th).

The normal Founder’s Pack cost $20 and gives you beta access, and 3 Master Challenges

The Challenger Founder’s Pack cost $60 and gives you beta access, 13 Master Challenges, a 3-game Rep boost, the limited Hotrod Howitzer skin and a Free Founder’s Pack to give to your friend.

The Paragon Master Founder’s Pack cost $100 and gives you beta access, all the Master Challenges, a 3-game Rep boost each week for 15 weeks, the limited Hotrod Howitzer skin and a Free Founder’s Pack to give to your friend.

Master Challenges are your level with each character. Levels 1-5 are free and levels 6-10 are locked until you buy that character Master Challenges. Master Challenges can be bought with 75,000 Reputation (in-game money) or 1,300 coins ($13 real world money).

Asking $20 for beta access is just barely okay, but asking for $60 or $100 bucks up front for skins is asking for too much too soon IMO.

Edited by soultaker655

Amazing, Epic are asking you to pay $20 for early access. I like the game's premise but the pricing scheme is just insane. 

I'll keep my eye on this game but with the way how it's being handled, I may duck out and just buy battle-born. 

Tim Sweeney is not our friend and you should do well to remember that. 

Here's the early access game-play launch trailer, it looks bad-ass: 

Paragon will be a free to play MOBA later this year, but if you buy a Founder’s Pack you can play the beta starting this Friday (March 18th).

The normal Founder’s Pack cost $20 and gives you beta access, 3 characters, and 3 Master Challenges

The Challenger Founder’s Pack cost $60 and gives you beta access, 13 characters, 13 Master Challenges, a 3-game Rep boost, the limited Hotrod Howitzer skin and a Free Founder’s Pack to give to your friend.

The Paragon Master Founder’s Pack cost $100 and gives you beta access, all the characters, all the Master Challenges, a 3-game Rep boost each week for 15 weeks, the limited Hotrod Howitzer skin and a Free Founder’s Pack to give to your friend.

Asking $20 for beta access is just barely okay, but asking for $100 bucks up front for every character when Smite only ask for $30 and Battleborn (which isn't going to be free to play) will only ask for $60 is asking for too much too soon IMO.

...aaaand this is where the industry is heading. As if Season Passes weren't bad enough, now it's overpriced Season Passes... for early access. :facepalm:

As long as the game is great, price is okay because good MOBA game can bring you not even hundreds but thousands of enjoyment time.

It's better to pay 100$ for having all than buying every time updates or something like that like in most F2P games.

Summer will be free time to try that game, I played in Dota 2  since beta early release in 2011 year and stopped at the end of 2013 with 2700 hours but Paragon took my attention because of different concept and very nice graphics!

I made one small mistake in the first post. All the characters are free regardless of which pack you buy. What you are paying for is the Master Challenges and a skin that boosts XP.

I still don't think that's worth $60 or $100.

Edited by soultaker655

I guess a upfront of 100$ cost is a bit shocking but games like smite 30$ is a old game that never really catch up to the other moba. Not to mention the ugly graphics... But to each their own i guess. Battleborn is the only other game i see giving paragon a run for the playerbase. Maybe also Overwatch. But BB for 60$ and we all know deep down we can expect lots of character packs and skin and dlc. Get rdy to spend a tons of $$$. These are the guys that made borderlands right? We can definitely expect a lot is coming.

Oh just realized it is a few months headstart with rankings carrying over to summer release.. In the competitive world of moba gaming, yep it's a cheap price to pay to be ahead.

I found out what Master Challenges are, they are your level with each character. Levels 1-5 are free and levels 6-10 are locked until you buy that character Master Challenges. Master Challenges can be bought with 75,000 Reputation (in-game money) or 1,300 coins ($13 real world money).

Edited by soultaker655