Title Change?

Fantetti

So after a google search I discovered this release was in Europe only, which is fine I have a separate account for just this reason.  But I cannot locate the game in the store, but I might have.  I see something called "Canis Canem Edit".  It has the same cover art, and the description looks to be the same.  Is this "Bully" just like I played on Xbox 360?  Why the name change?

The game is called Canis Canem Edit in EU. It's the same game, I'm not sure why the name was changed.

Im pretty sure it has a different name because they didnt want to promote bullying or something along those lines. Seems the most likely reason

• Like 2

Here's what I found online - "Probably because with Rockstar's notoriety at the time, a game called Bully would have been assumed by parents to be some kind of super-violent glorification of bullying, so the name was changed to avoid controversy.

Anyway, I personally prefer the name Canis Canem Edit, but I still refer to the game as Bully because, well, Canis Canem Edit is rather an unwieldy name"

Also Canis Canem Edit apparently means Dog Eat Dog

• Like 3

They might change the title because of the controversy! basically the name means "dog eat dog" :P

Here's what I found online - "Probably because with Rockstar's notoriety at the time, a game called Bully would have been assumed by parents to be some kind of super-violent glorification of bullying, so the name was changed to avoid controversy.

Anyway, I personally prefer the name Canis Canem Edit, but I still refer to the game as Bully because, well, Canis Canem Edit is rather an unwieldy name"

Also Canis Canem Edit apparently means Dog Eat Dog

Lol we wrote at the same time eheheh

i had never played this game on the PS2, now I have a good chance :)

• Like 2

It'll lack whatever content was new in the scholarship edition. Since this is an emulation of the original PS2 version

It appears from the Rockstar site thats limited to classroom content.  So more being a Bully, and less learning in this one.  I'm fine with that.

• Like 2

It appears from the Rockstar site thats limited to classroom content.  So more being a Bully, and less learning in this one.  I'm fine with that.

according to wikipedia: "The Scholarship Edition features exclusive content which is unavailable in the original version, including new missions, characters, school classes, and unlockable items and clothing. Some small script changes have been made, and the highly compressed voice files of the original have been replaced with higher-quality versions. The random NPCs also have more lines. In addition, single system two-player competitive multiplayer minigames have also been added. All ports of the Scholarship Edition use the game engine Gamebryo, rather than Renderware, which was used for the original version."

but anyways the game is also really fun in its original version so it doesn't matter really.

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 1

according to wikipedia: "The Scholarship Edition features exclusive content which is unavailable in the original version, including new missions, characters, school classes, and unlockable items and clothing. Some small script changes have been made, and the highly compressed voice files of the original have been replaced with higher-quality versions. The random NPCs also have more lines. In addition, single system two-player competitive multiplayer minigames have also been added. All ports of the Scholarship Edition use the game engine Gamebryo, rather than Renderware, which was used for the original version."

but anyways the game is also really fun in its original version so it doesn't matter really.

Damn, so it is missing quite a bit.  But I'm sure it will still be fun as hell to replay.  In this case I suppose I'm glad I enjoyed it on 360 about a decade ago when I did.