Chef Trophy Steps (Maniac Mansion)

Just thought that I'd write down the steps for this just in-case someone wants the trophy without spending much time in Maniac Mansion. 

Character Choice - Not all of the kids will microwave the hamster, only Syd and Razor do. Also, just remember Bernard is scared of Green Tentacle.

- Walk over to the front door with your first character, PULL the doormat, PICK UP the key, USE key on the Front Door. And then leave this character on the door step. 

- Grab your second character and enter the Mansion, Open the first door that you can see,  and you'll enter the kitchen. Walk over to the fridge and you'll be captured. 

**** You can run back to the left away from the person in the kitchen. If you make it out of the door then they won't follow you. Go back into the kitchen and it'll be empty allowing you to continue through.

- Grab your final character. Enter the Mansion, go through the Kitchen and Dining room, and open the door at the end of it. Pick up the Juice. (Icon is 3 jars.)

- Walk out to the main entryway. Go up stairs, and enter the room on your left. Pick up the Wax Fruit. Exit the room.

- Enter the large blue door in the center. Walk through the room and up the stairs.

- Now you'll come across Green Tentacle. Feed him the Wax Fruit, and then let him drink the Juice, and you can walk past. Go up stairs.

- Enter the FIRST room. 

- Switch to your Character in front of the mansion. Hit the door bell. 

- Switch back to your character that is upstairs. (don't be quick, wait 10-15 seconds.) Exit to the Hallway, enter the THIRD door. (you will be captured if you enter the second)

- Pick up the Hamster, go back to first door on this floor and wait the Ed to get back to his room to be safe. 

- Go back to the Kitchen, and ... well... put that hamster in the Microwave.

Two things should pop.

Side note - If the doorbell rings at some point without you hitting it, that means there is a package. Just make sure to grab it first, so you can easily lure Ed out of his room easily. 

I'm not familiar with MM, so If I'm missing something or something is unclear. I can fix it! 

Video Guide from Platisfaction (Thanks a lot!):

Edited by TheBigSpoon
  • Like 1

I'd also add that you don't need to get captured in the 2nd step.

You can run back to the left away from the person in the kitchen. If you make it out of the door then they won't follow you. Go back into the kitchen and it'll be empty allowing you to continue through and grab the fruit juice in the pantry.

If you succeed with that it'll give you an extra attempt if your kid happens to get caught by Ed in the doorbell phase first time around.

I'd also add that you don't need to get captured in the 2nd step.

You can run back to the left away from the person in the kitchen. If you make it out of the door then they won't follow you. Go back into the kitchen and it'll be empty allowing you to continue through and grab the fruit juice in the pantry.

If you succeed with that it'll give you an extra attempt if your kid happens to get caught by Ed in the doorbell phase first time around.

Added! Yeah, I THOUGHT you could escape the capture, but I was unable to do it. It's a good thing to add though! Thanks!

It should also be noted that not all kids will microwave the hamster, actually only Syd and Razor do. I have compiled all the info in a little video :)

Oh wow! I had no idea! I added this info to the top, as well as your video. Thanks a lot!

Edited by TheBigSpoon
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

I know this is old but just got this trophy. The lady in the beginning was a nightmare.so in my party I had both syd and razor. I saved constantly if I got caught I would load my previous save.

*Go to the kitchen the lady would be in the kitchen now run out the kitchen.

she caught me a couple times so make sure you save before you try to go in there.

Edited by toxicpunkette