I need tips for completing the Onslaught Mode!

On 19/04/2020 at 4:14 PM, TheHarryGamer99 said:

This can be easily cheesed. If you go into a private match and add 600HP and 3000CP. Then you can buy hardsuits and destroy the enemies with ease and the trophy will pop at the end of the game. Just get out of the suit when the fire enemies appear and the ones with flamethrowers. They destroy the suits pretty easily and quickly.

This made it ridiculously easy for sure. Thanks for that. Btw when me and Man boosted other day we found out too pretty much all trophies can earned by using two man boost in private matches (you need minimum of two human players to start private matches) this can be an easy way to grind out any 20 match completions or kill related trophies. (Bots also count towards kills for hardsuits).

Also for anyone wanting to blaze through Onslaught Ten waves faster we found actually it's easier to not use the hardsuits after as by Round 7 they can get taken out easily plus blood from enemies blocks your view alot. It's a decent way to farm GP and XP if your doing a public match the build provided in the trophy guide I found worked alot. But I did some small changes. You can take melee and fire resistance items to make the damage alot less on your person melee hits were about 4 damage each to me making swarms less of a threat.

I also recommend taking the turret, assault droid and airstrike as your special drops. The droid is very effective at killing and gives an extra target for mobs to gather around. Turrets compliment the shield strategy but also seems to instantly aggro most mobs this means you can usually toss one down as a throw away getaway distraction too. The airstrike is just bloody op, pretty much any enemy in this game mode gets nuked hard by it. It's semi cheap in that you can usually buy 3 of it to one hardsuit and you get 2 shots with each buy. What I found effective let a teammate bait a swarm then mark your teammate for he airstrike. There is no friendly fire from it so by doing this you can't take out almost whole waves later using it.

• Like 3

• 3 years later...

Some other general forums I looked at for tips on Onslaught mentioned that there were three difficulty levels and to try it on Easy if struggling. Those were old posts, however, and I could not find in-game options for difficulty settings. However, I discovered that you can modify the private-match settings (that I did find) for Onslaught so that the match is easier, at least. The settings my partner and I used were:

- Timer: 30 minutes

- Health Multiplier: 3.0

- Starting CP: 3,000

- CP Multiplier: 3.0

Using those settings with this site's guide's recommended loadout/equipment, my partner and I managed to complete Onslaught on the map Shelter with little struggle. We used our Shield Mk.1s to enclose ourselves away from the enemies, and once the Stinger soldiers destroyed our shields upon spawning during wave 8, we purchased HardSuits instead to replace our shields. We piloted them to block the oncoming enemies in the same places where our shields had been. Lastly, we both purchased flamethrowers as often as we needed to. (Using the HardSuits to attack wasn't necessary, and once the Stinger soldiers appear...again, on wave8, it's not recommended to be in a HardSuit then anyhow.)

My partner did mention that using the Mutator settings supposedly voids the trophy. Everything I listed above does not count as a Mutator, and will not disqualify it unlocking! Good luck with these tips!

On 4/19/2020 at 1:14 PM, TheHarryGamer99 said:

This can be easily cheesed. If you go into a private match and add 600HP and 3000CP. Then you can buy hardsuits and destroy the enemies with ease and the trophy will pop at the end of the game. Just get out of the suit when the fire enemies appear and the ones with flamethrowers. They destroy the suits pretty easily and quickly.

Just noticed this comment summed up my findings 3 years prior to my team's completion of Onslaught today! Can confirm this method works, too!

On 3/22/2024 at 11:20 PM, Leboyo56 said:

Some other general forums I looked at for tips on Onslaught mentioned that there were three difficulty levels and to try it on Easy if struggling. Those were old posts, however, and I could not find in-game options for difficulty settings. However, I discovered that you can modify the private-match settings (that I did find) for Onslaught so that the match is easier, at least. The settings my partner and I used were:

- Timer: 30 minutes

- Health Multiplier: 3.0

- Starting CP: 3,000

- CP Multiplier: 3.0

Using those settings with this site's guide's recommended loadout/equipment, my partner and I managed to complete Onslaught on the map Shelter with little struggle. We used our Shield Mk.1s to enclose ourselves away from the enemies, and once the Stinger soldiers destroyed our shields upon spawning during wave 8, we purchased HardSuits instead to replace our shields. We piloted them to block the oncoming enemies in the same places where our shields had been. Lastly, we both purchased flamethrowers as often as we needed to. (Using the HardSuits to attack wasn't necessary, and once the Stinger soldiers appear...again, on wave8, it's not recommended to be in a HardSuit then anyhow.)

My partner did mention that using the Mutator settings supposedly voids the trophy. Everything I listed above does not count as a Mutator, and will not disqualify it unlocking! Good luck with these tips!

Just noticed this comment summed up my findings 3 years prior to my team's completion of Onslaught today! Can confirm this method works, too!

I did this method with 4 peoples and it was really easy to complete the match.

• Like 1