Five games that many people play but you dislike them

GeorgeGianno

Whoa, no plot? That's new. I consider L.A. Noire's plot (and characters) to be one of the most compelling in recent memory. But to each their own.

Anyway:

1) I dislike pretty much every FPS I come across, BioShock or Resistance 3 being the rare exception. Stuff like Halo, Call of Duty, Battlefield etc. doesn't interest me in the slightest.

2) RTS like Star- or WarCraft. I like almost everything about these games except for the gameplay.

3) MMOs like WoW. A complete waste of time as far as I'm concerned. Then again I approach games as narrative media first, so stories, storytelling and characters are most important to me. I don't find these in MMOs.

4) The GTA series. It's fun to mess around for a while in these games, but the setting, story and characters always seemed incredibly uninteresting to me and I could never get into them.

5) Skyrim and other Elder Scrolls games. They usually seem terribly unfocused to me in terms of story. It sounds weird, but I don't like the amount of freedom they give the player in these games.

I agree to all that you wrote :D
  • Like 1

Final Fantasy VII - FF9 is way better. Want more fantasy, less technology.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - I like the 2D Zelda more (Links awakening ftw!), but thinking of the 3D games, I like Majoras Mask best.

Resident Evil 1 - I tried it on almoust every console. It's bad. I love Silent Hill!

Super Mario 64 - Super Mario should only be played in 2D.

L.A. Noir - The evidences are often illogical, or there are better evidences, but you have to take the one, the game wants you to take.

Also nearly every FPS - I don't like shooter without any other story than war. Bioshock is great btw.

Edited by Onlyrealmatze

I think I'll state this first, I don't care what anyone else thinks.

1. Batman: Arkham Asylum; Slow & rather uninteresting story, poor combat system & bad controls & camera.
  2. Call of Duty; Just a case of the usual military setting seen with most FPS' and a wafer-thin story that failed to hold my attention.
  3. Grand Theft Auto; Uninteresting story, unoriginal characters, poor controls & the cars handle like a brick on ice.
  4. Uncharted 3; Sub-par story riddled with plot holes and a slapdash ending, no interesting characters (with the exceptions of Drake, Sully & Elena) & a lack of different enemies.
  5. Final Fantasy IX: Uninteresting story & didn't like the art style (It could just be me, but the knight (forgotten his name) looked like he was wearing sneakers)

Edited by Blanc_WhiteHeart

1. Grand theft auto: San Andreas (i love the GTA series but san andreas just fall flat for me, yes i know, it have the best options for faffing about and even a bloody jetpack but everything else is "meh")

2. Demon's/Dark souls (seriously, what's the goddamn deal with this series? hard doesn't mean better, is just a generic RPG)

3. Saints row: The third (this is so damn boring, without counting that drag queen nerd and his parody of tron the gangs and story are boring, you literally become god without codes, making the challenge go out the window, the side mission become part of the story just to stretch out the time)

and that's it, now time to wait for someone disagree with me