Crystal Sage's Rapier

HellbornHunter

Anyone who needs to farm for items should consider getting this weapon if they can. You get it by transposing the crystal sage's soul and having it equipped raises your item discovery by 50, which when combined with the gold serpent ring, symbol of avarice and some rusted coins can help make the farming process a little easier. Personally, I haven't even used the weapon in combat and can't say if it is any good as a weapon but the bonus alone makes it worth having, it just hangs on my hip so I can get the discovery bonus while crushing silver knights with my fume ultra greatsword.

that's what I did, equip it in my left hand

I was using a Hollow infused weapon + crystal sage rapier + mimic head + gold ring +1 and Rusted coins ,, I also leveled up some of my luck

I think I got to about 431 item discovery and I got some items almost every 10 minutes, not that bad .. 

All i need to do now is to collect the rings in NG++ and 1 ending .. SIGH , if only that Estus Flask trophy didn't glitch on me I would have save 1 playthrough

yup, i also got that weapon for the item discovery bonus.

but somehow i didn't get the symbol of avarice. it's supposed to be a guaranteed drop by the last mimic, right?

pretty sure i found all (at least according to the fextralife wiki list) and i don't have it.

another thing: we need this mainly for the covenant drops, right? seems like you can also drop them, so trade-duping should be possible?!

i was just about to say: the only legit way is doing the covenant stuff... so pvp.

if you just mindlessly farmed the enemies, it's as bitchy as just duping them. just took you way longer :P

but i really don't want to fight over stupid stuff like that. let everyone do it as they want to!

hell i still don't know if duping those items is even an option. in my own world i could "leave" (so drop) them at least

Edited by dernop

Except you are, because you farmed them instead of earning them in the actual PvP.

Yep, cuz I'd rather wait for to be summon as Blade of the Darkmoon for 6 hours than farm an item for 10 minutes

Smart

Please PLEASSE PLEASE,  farm Blade of the darkmoon covenant items as PVP, PLEASE DO, Cuz i've been in this covenant the entire time and I've only been summoned once

Edited by Acropyre

Covenant items can be dropped but phantoms in your world won't see them so can't pick them up.

unfortunately i somehow expected that, thanks for clarifying!

so farming enemies it is! ;)

a pity you can't do it in coop, since you can't respawn them at a bonfire... would make it way less tedious.

unfortunately i somehow expected that, thanks for clarifying!

so farming enemies it is! ;)

a pity you can't do it in coop, since you can't respawn them at a bonfire... would make it way less tedious.

I farmed my Pale Tounges in NG , Just keep invading, I think it's faster if you invade 30 ppl rather than to farm them.

Human Dregs , Wolf Grass, and Proofs are the worst. Sometimes I wait just watching twitch and I don't even get a summon at all. 

• Like 1

I farmed my Pale Tounges in NG , Just keep invading, I think it's faster if you invade 30 ppl rather than to farm them.

Human Dregs , Wolf Grass, and Proofs are the worst. Sometimes I wait just watching twitch and I don't even get a summon at all. 

thanks for the tips. i  guess i will farm the enemies for most of the stuff, too then.

still have to get the avarice head thingy somehow... perhaps it really glitched for me :(

thanks for the tips. i  guess i will farm the enemies for most of the stuff, too then.

still have to get the avarice head thingy somehow... perhaps it really glitched for me :(

I wouldn't think something like that would glitch on you as I managed to get 2 of them from Mimics. If you get really desperate and can't get one let me know and I can always drop you one via password matchmaking.

I wouldn't think something like that would glitch on you as I managed to get 2 of them from Mimics. If you get really desperate and can't get one let me know and I can always drop you one via password matchmaking.

i also somehow don't think this can really glitch, but i revisited all locations mentioned in the wiki (http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Mimic) twice and i checked my inventory: i got all the items you are supposed to get. at least the special weapons etc.

perhaps the wiki is missing a mimic and i also didn't find it by accident.

but thank you for the nice offer, perhaps i'll get back to you on that. ofc i would be down for other coop stuff or trading rings etc in the end, too if you or someone else is interested.

even if i get all rings myself i would offer to dupe-drop them to some people, if anyone is interested around here.

or we could even start a chain-thread where we queue up people here on the forums to drop them the rings and they drop them to the next one in turn or whatever.

snip

No worries. I've just about finished my first playthrough, just need to farm some more Vertabrae Shackles before I take out the last couple of bosses so there's nothing I need to trade for. Plus I won't be getting anyone to drop me all the rings. I didn't spend $900 on the Prestige Edition just to play it once. It's really quite sad looking through the boosting thread on PS3T.org as basically everyone wants someone to drop them all the rings but hey each to their own.

No worries. I've just about finished my first playthrough, just need to farm some more Vertabrae Shackles before I take out the last couple of bosses so there's nothing I need to trade for. Plus I won't be getting anyone to drop me all the rings. I didn't spend $900 on the Prestige Edition just to play it once. It's really quite sad looking through the boosting thread on PS3T.org as basically everyone wants someone to drop them all the rings but hey each to their own.

You can farm Vertabrae Shackles with a buddy. You can lay down a soap stone as a mound maker with password and he can summon you. You can kill him and get the Vertabrae Shackle, The only downside is he needs to use a lot of embers.

Invading as a mound maker was fun though. Esp when everybody is still figuring out the game.

You can farm Vertabrae Shackles with a buddy. You can lay down a soap stone as a mound maker with password and he can summon you. You can kill him and get the Vertabrae Shackle, The only downside is he needs to use a lot of embers.

Invading as a mound maker was fun though. Esp when everybody is still figuring out the game.

Yeah I've heard that however I don't have any interest in PvP however there is one area in the game where if you put your summon sign down and get summoned you can get a Shackle without even moving sometimes as there's a high chance the enemies in the area will kill the host for you instead.

Getting Embers is very easy when you stay as a Sunbro, I currently have about 100 from all the co-oping I've been doing lol.

You could drop him embers as payment?

Or can't invaders drop things for the host?

You could drop him embers as payment?

Or can't invaders drop things for the host?

yes , you can drop embers and give it to your friend

But, mound makers are weird , they are neither co-op or invaderss , so i'm not sure if you can drop embers if you are in mound maker covenant

• Like 1

You don't necessarily have to kill all the mimics for the symbol of avarice, if you throw an undead hunter charm at a mimic, before attacking it, it will open up and give you some time to loot it before it closes up again. You can keep doing this until one of them drops the symbol of avarice. The fastest way would be to throw the charm, loot and if you don't get the symbol just reload and do it again (if you're hell bent on killing them, throwing the charm also helps as they are more or less stunned for longer than it takes to kill them)

As for all of the covenant items that can be gotten through summons, the circle area right outside the pontiff sulyvahn bonfire is probably the best place to do it: that place has pretty much turned into an arena, I usually got summoned within a few seconds of putting my sign down and most people seem to know that it's a pvp area so they just meet up in the circle and have a fair fight, no one uses estus, and it goes by pretty quickly. I did my pale tongues through invasion but it only took me about 1.5 to 2 hours to get my 30 shackles for the mound makers (if you're a higher level it might go slower, but it is still very doable: I did it when I was around 90, I'm 181 now and I still got summoned pretty quickly last night)

You don't necessarily have to kill all the mimics for the symbol of avarice, if you throw an undead hunter charm at a mimic, before attacking it, it will open up and give you some time to loot it before it closes up again. You can keep doing this until one of them drops the symbol of avarice. The fastest way would be to throw the charm, loot and if you don't get the symbol just reload and do it again (if you're hell bent on killing them, throwing the charm also helps as they are more or less stunned for longer than it takes to kill them)

i was generally aware of that, but i tried to do a blind playthrough the first time around so i didn't really look into stuff like that or what i would need further down the road.

and when i started to wrap up my NG and using guides, i had already killed all mimics and didn't find the symbol of avarice in my inventory. 

over at ps3t.org is a thread just about that item and someone also claims that he killed all from the fextralife wiki, with no SoA drop.

but thanks for the tips, especially about the covenant stuff.

i already saw that the area you mentioned is full of signs, so i kinda guessed that this is the new pvp arena ;)

problem is, i basically never do PvP and i don't really like it. i think i definitely will give it a try or two and if it really sucks too much (or rather i suck too much :P ) then i will go back to enemy farming.

As time consuming as the farming can get, at least it saves some time on the next playthrough. I just finished gathering the proofs and started ng++ and thanks to all the souls I gathered while farming I am now ridiculously overpowered, managed to kill the first two bosses by more or less just standing in front of them and swinging away until they died. Probably going to have to start another character if I want to play pvp again though, highly doubt I'll be seeing much in the way of summon signs anymore. Anyone else who is doing this and doesn't want to get to too high a level might want to back up there save before they start farming that way they can go back to a lower level once they've gotten all the trophies, or you could just not use the souls you get while farming to level up but that would probably make the process take longer as putting whatever extra points you can into look does help.

As time consuming as the farming can get, at least it saves some time on the next playthrough. I just finished gathering the proofs and started ng++ and thanks to all the souls I gathered while farming I am now ridiculously overpowered, managed to kill the first two bosses by more or less just standing in front of them and swinging away until they died. Probably going to have to start another character if I want to play pvp again though, highly doubt I'll be seeing much in the way of summon signs anymore. Anyone else who is doing this and doesn't want to get to too high a level might want to back up there save before they start farming that way they can go back to a lower level once they've gotten all the trophies, or you could just not use the souls you get while farming to level up but that would probably make the process take longer as putting whatever extra points you can into look does help.

I think that seems to be the problem when it comes to the Darkmoon covenant. You needed to be at a certain level maybe to get summoned a lot. It's probably going to be a slim chance though. Like how many players out there are equipping Way of the Blue.

I think that seems to be the problem when it comes to the Darkmoon covenant. You needed to be at a certain level maybe to get summoned a lot. It's probably going to be a slim chance though. Like how many players out there are equipping Way of the Blue.

While level is definitely a part of it especially once you get too high, most of it is probably due to just not enough people having it equipped because I've been part of the darkmoon covenant since I beat the final boss in ng at which point I was still SL 86, now I'm 191 and I didn't even get summoned once throughout the entire time I had the item equipped. Overall, the whole thing is pretty screwed up and needs some sort of fix, they should put in something similar to the blue orb, that way it doesn't have to come down to hours of farming or endless waiting

Edit: I think you might only get summoned if the player hasn't gotten through the boss in that area as well which would also explain why it almost never happens. Even though I'm at 191, I just got invaded on the road of sacrifice by a watchdog before I killed the sage, and yesterday when I got invaded by 2 faithfuls it was before I had killed aldrich. 

Edited by HellbornHunter

the mimic head is 100% bugged or the info that it drops after killing last one is wrong .  i was checking every mimic location 3 times now , and no mimic drop . And i read from many ppl having same issue. 

Farming with my set up without mimic head is 1 drop from silver knights in 1 hour .... and i dont look forward to farm for another 25 hours !

the mimic head is 100% bugged or the info that it drops after killing last one is wrong .  i was checking every mimic location 3 times now , and no mimic drop . And i read from many ppl having same issue. 

Farming with my set up without mimic head is 1 drop from silver knights in 1 hour .... and i dont look forward to farm for another 25 hours !

I would definitely go the undead hunter charm route for getting the symbol of avarice in that case. Just toss it at the mimic see if the symbol is inside, if not reload and try again until you get it. If there are no more mimics in your current playthrough just move onto the next one, that way you'll also get a better serpent ring (unless you're already in ng++). I was getting about 1 proof per hour as well until I got my discovery over 400 (I got it to 420), at that point I started getting around 3 to 4 every hour, more if I got lucky (I got my last 3 in 15 minutes this morning). Make sure you have the serpent ring, the rapier, get the symbol of avarice, use some rusted coins and use a pale tongue at rosaria to funnel any unnecessary points you have into your luck stat and hopefully your drop rate improves (also keep an extra tongue so you can fix your stats once you're done). Also I'm not sure what method you're using to farm, but if you're going after the knights in anor londo, only kill the first two and then go back to the bonfire, going after the third one takes longer than its worth.