I found my old PS3 in the basement, what happens if I sync those really old trophies?

Berenwulf

This section is for feedback, suggestions or bugs relating to PSNProfiles.com, not for questions about PlayStation products. 

On topic:

It depends.

Has the console ever been online and synced with PSN?

Were trophies earned before the system was put online and synced with PSN?

This section is for feedback, suggestions or bugs relating to PSNProfiles.com, not for questions about PlayStation products. 

On topic:

It depends.

Has the console ever been online and synced with PSN?

Were trophies earned before the system was put online and synced with PSN?

I'm sorry, I thought this was the right place to ask...

Nope the console hasn't been synced ever, I didn't even know that's possible at that time... This was my first PS3 and I forgot totally about it, because I stopped gaming at that time and bought a PS3 Slim when I started gamin again. So the trophies were earned without ever syncing the trophies.

I can't remember if it's the oldest time or if it's the first recorded time that will be saved on the servers. It should be totally safe though.

EDIT:

And yeah, if you've never synched the PS3 before, ever, then it will have missing timestamps, which sucks.

Edited by MMDE

^ninja'd. :ninja:

Up to you TC, if you want the trophies, take it online, sign in to PSN, and sync away.

Some people have a problem with having "no timestamp" trophies on their profile. Personally, I don't see what the fuss is about. 

That's not to say it'll certainly happen to you - if it's been online at all and you signed in to PSN before earning trophies, it should have timestamps. 

No worries, I was just letting you know.  :wave:

Nope the console hasn't been synced ever, I didn't even know that's possible at that time... This was my first PS3 and I forgot totally about it, because I stopped gaming at that time and bought a PS3 Slim when I started gamin again. So the trophies were earned without ever syncing the trophies.

I'm pretty sure that you will get missing time stamp and mess up your PSN Profile so better not do it unless you really want to sync those games that you played before.

Edited by PliskinCobra

Nope the console hasn't been synced ever, I didn't even know that's possible at that time... This was my first PS3 and I forgot totally about it, because I stopped gaming at that time and bought a PS3 Slim when I started gamin again. So the trophies were earned without ever syncing the trophies.

It wasn't synced but the account there is the one you are using right now, right?

In that case, yes, missing timestamps is probably what would happen.

If there isn't any account, you can create a dummy one and try to sync it to see what happens.