Rainbow Moon Physical Edition on Sale August 19th - Will Have Separate Trophy List

BooneIronshield

UPDATE: Game goes on sale tomorrow, August 19th. It's $24.99 for either version. https://twitter.com/eastasiasoft/status/766273560046243840

UPDATE 2: DLC will NOT be available for the physical version.

First off I apologize if I overlooked a topic about this, I searched in all the generic PlayStation forum sections and the game's forum and didn't see anything.

On April 11th EastAsiaSoft announced that they had teamed up with Limited Run Games to produce physical versions of Rainbow Moon for the PS4 & Vita with an exact sale date to be announced at a later time. This is of course great news for physical edition collectors but this is also great news for the trophy hunters and RPG fanatics, like myself, because the physical versions will have a separate game ID and therefore a separate trophy list (the trophies will be the same as the digital version).

The link to the Twitter announcement is below with the link to the post on their site below that.

https://twitter.com/eastasiasoft/status/719716530204749824

http://www.eastasiasoft.com/index.php/news-blog/138-limited-run-physical-editions-of-lost-sea-rainbow-moon-soeldner-x-2-coming-soon

Edit: Thanks to Blue Flare for correcting me that their last release was indeed limited to 1 per person per platform.

Edited by BooneIronshield

Hopefully Limited Run Games will have better restrictions on purchase quantities as they've allowed 2 per person per platform before which I feel caters to the resellers more than the actual gamers.

Don't know where you've been then. Their recent run (Oddworld New n' Tasty) was limited to one per platform per person.

It was limited to 7,500 copies (5,000 on PS4, 2,500 on Vita) and stock lasted for a full day on the PS4 version where they changed it to more than one copy allowed because it lasted so long. My guess is they'll still do one per platform per person given how much strong their community feels on it.

• Like 1

Don't know where you've been then. Their recent run (Oddworld New n' Tasty) was limited to one per platform per person.

It was limited to 7,500 copies (5,000 on PS4, 2,500 on Vita) and stock lasted for a full day on the PS4 version where they changed it to more than one copy allowed because it lasted so long. My guess is they'll still do one per platform per person given how much strong their community feels on it.

The last time I bought anything from them was Saturday Morning RPG and all I had seen was that they were looking at making future releases more restrictive so it's good to know they actually did.

I believe EastAsiaSoft has also announced that they've contracted with Limited Run Games to release physical copies of Soldner X-2 and the upcoming Lost Seas.

I loved Rainbow Moon, but I'm almost certainly NOT paying for a physical copy and an extra set of trophies -- my backlog is simply too daunting and I'd prefer to get through that rather than pay again and replay an old title, no matter how wonderful it was.  But I am sitting on their mailing list waiting for the Lost Seas announcement so I can grab that.

• 3 months later...