Do sub accounts age?

CyberC-2

^Title

I have a sub account which is under 18, let's say tomorrow according to it's birthday it would become 16 years old, does the sub account age and the user can play games for 16 and down? or...

To topic: I really don't want to make a master account above 18 so please do stick to the question and not give suggestions that have nothing to do with the question. It is everyone's choice what account they wish to have ^^ I wouldn't force you to make a sub account or a account of certain age so please do not try and force me/suggest to make one. Thanks!

Edited by CyberC-2

I can tell from experience that sub accounts dont get upgraded when you reach 18. I actually have one that is now stopping me from signing in. Says re accept the terms of service but has already been done. He's been dead for years. 

Advise. Create a new account that is above 18 years so you dont have to worry about Sony's flawed sub account system.

I would think so.. It be a flawed system if not. But maybe someone could enlighten us more.

Edit: I would call Sony if it doesn't.

Also are you talking about making it a "master" account?

"If you were on a sub account and turned 18 (Happy belated birthday!), you may want to upgrade to a master account to access the full feature set of PlayStation’s online experience, including PlayStation Store. Your profile will be carried over when upgrading to a master account, along with items like your friends list and Trophies."

Ps support say its possible??...

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

Nopes I don't mean upgrading I know upgrading at 18 is a thing and if it didn't work for the user above I would say call sony don't leave the account there its probably some bug. Also your account has been dead for 4 years so no it did not upgrade because upgrading to a master account was brought in a year ago not 4 years ago so your account broke for another reason which I do not know of since I am not Sony.

I mean the account right now is 15 years old so it cannot play games with 16 raring, when it becomes 16 according to the birthday I put in will it be able to play 16 rated games? Or will it be stuck till 18.

Edited by CyberC-2

I can concur as well, I have a bunch of friends that I can't do the real name request on the ps4 because it's a sub account, and half of them don't even know....

sub accounts under 18 cannot input a real name or avatar through the PlayStation app I can confirm that. Not something that ever bothered me through.

How to upgrade a sub-account to a master account on PS4.

The answer is Yes, the option to upgrade comes up whenever the account age turns 18, in accordance with whatever birthdate was put in there.

This I did not know and am going to spread to a few friends that I know have this problem. Unless they put their bday in wrong....

Thank you!

Nopes I don't mean upgrading I know upgrading at 18 is a thing and if it didn't work for the user above I would say call sony don't leave the account there its probably some bug. Also your account has been dead for 4 years so no it did not upgrade because upgrading to a master account was brought in a year ago not 4 years ago so your account broke for another reason which I do not know of since I am not Sony.

I mean the account right now is 15 years old so it cannot play games with 16 raring, when it becomes 16 according to the birthday I put in will it be able to play 16 rated games? Or will it be stuck till 18.

If I remember correctly, you should be able to play 16 rated games once you turn 16.