Tips for Successful Defense

Nutrageous69

I'm looking at the trophies for this and for the most part they seem reasonable if not a long grind, but reasonable except the 250 defenses. I see not feasible way to accomplish this in less than 6+ months. Any tips out there would be appreciated.

I don't know if this is "good" advice, but it is what I do.

If I am trying to get defensive wins, and somebody hits me hard, and make me in "peace"...I just "fake attack" somebody to break the peace. I "fake attack" by opening a battle with a player, and then retreating without using any troops.

This lets me get attacked again right away, instead of having to wait another 18 hours.

Yeah, that's good advice for allowing as many defenses as possible, but winning defenses seems extremely low considering you get attacked mainly by players 300-400 rank above you with way more troops than you can defend against. I redone my base and add as many walls as possible and that seems to work ok but so far I've only managed 3 defensive wins. Admitted I just hit town hall rank 3 so maybe later on it is easier to defend because you have a much bigger base that needs to be destroyed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Very late reply, but I just finished boosting this game. Here's my why and how.

I started the game with my main account and got 10 defensive wins in a week. I thought this wasn't the way to go, and thought, maybe I can boost this. It turns out you can.

My method probably isn't the one the go for pretty much everyone. But I proved it can be done, so I thought I'd share my findings.

I started the game with my secondary account, which I use for self boosting, and rushed through the first age into the 2nd age. Because my main account was already in the third age and I only saw one age up or below me in the list of randomly chosen people I could attack. I also made sure the battle trophies both accounts had were within 100 of each other. The most important step is to not be psn friends with the account you want to boost. If you want to boost this with a psn friend, unfriend each other before even trying, since you can't attack your friends.

When I reached the second age with my secondary account, I started refreshing the list of random players to attack with the hopes of finding my main account. After refreshing continuously for over 30 minutes and not finding my other account, I gave up. Moved back to my main account, started refreshing there and after about another half hour I finally found my other account. Since then I've been doing revenge attacks back and forth between my two accounts.

I'm probably the first one to do this. Seeing as how I will get 100% within about a month and the fastest so far is two months and three weeks.

The method in detail:

Getting started: have both accounts within one age of each other, within 100 battle trophies of each other and make sure you're not psn friends. Find the one you want to find, attack, and afterwards only do retaliations.

Now comes the really tedious part which takes about two weeks if you play very meticulously, with near perfect timing and for 10+ hours each day. The main problem is that after you log out with any account. The game servers hold it for another 10 minutes before it can be attacked, by any random person or by a planned retaliation. So you log out, switch to the other account, wait until the 10 minutes are up, and you retaliate. The second problem is that if you wait 10 minutes and 10+ seconds, it is quite likely someone else has attacked your other account, which then becomes peaceful. At which time you have to switch back again, 'fake attack' (as by Face-of-Destiny) someone and wait another 10 minutes. So you have to pay attention and retaliate within seconds after your other account becomes open for attack.

If done perfect however, you can retaliate on average every 11 minutes. Taking into account the time it takes to to the battle. Which means about 70-80 retaliations a day, which is 35-40 defensive wins for your main account (assuming 13-14 hours a day, which is what I did most days).

While you wait for the 10 minutes to expire, you can attack someone else for a few battle trophies if you wish. But be very sure you can win, since a loss will set you back at least an hour of boosting. With your main account always winning from your secondary account, the battle trophy difference between the two will rise considerably, and the battle trophy rewards will drop. By the time the difference is 500, your main account will get 1 point/battle (2 points/cycle, 2 points/defensive win). And the points lost during the night will become catastrophic. It took me a few days before I finally found out how I could make sure I wouldn't loose points due to being attacked, during the night.

Next part of the strategy, not losing battle trophies during the night. End your boosting session like this: attack your main account with your secondary account and make sure you destroy between 40 and 49% of the base. Making sure you do not win by leaving the main building in tact and by not destroying 50% or more. This will give your main account the defensive win as planned, but also a 12 hour peace treaty which is enough to go to sleep, or do other stuff during the day if you have to go away. If you can self boost like this every morning and evening, this 12 hour peace treaty is probably enough to make sure you don't lose battle trophies while you boost yourself to 2500 battle trophies. It will still take you months to finish, but it is doable.

Strategies for each attack and how the bases should be build:

The base of the main account should have all the offensive buildings at one side and the money making buildings, vaults, builders, upgrade building, siege builder on the other side. This is so that the secondary account can attack it and do 40-49% damage with minimal soldiers.

The base of the secondary account has only one offensive building which is never upgraded. All buildings are placed packed together with the single offensive building on the side but still adjacent to the rest.

When your main account attacks the weak secondary base, destroy the single offensive building, destroy the rest and win with 3 stars easy and quickly. Do this until you only get one battle trophy from the fight, at which time you're probably better off to just destroying the main building and getting a single star fast, after which you retreat to get you win and your single battle trophy.

When your secondary account attacks the stronger main account base. Destroy one building, but not the main building. This is important because if you retreat before destroying any building. Your main account does not get any peace treaty whatsoever and can be attacked within a minute by someone else. If you do destroy a building (doesn't matter which), your main account get a 1 hour peace treaty. Which is enough time to switch to your main account.

I finished my boost to 2500 battle trophies with 422 defensive wins, which took me 13 days. Now all that's left for me, trophy wise, is to reach the industrial age. Having reached the renaissance 1,5 hours before I reached 2500 battle trophies.

I obviously did this all on my own, but it can as easily be done by two (or more) people, so long as you can do retaliations. Message the persons who attacked you and ask for a continuous retaliation cycle. Or try to find the person you want to boost this with (can be really tricky, but it is possible as I have proved).

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
On 12/8/2019 at 0:44 AM, funker1987 said:

an Easy way is to reduce your trophies let them fall below 1000 and you will be attacked much more times

i do it and store minimum 3 million so I got between 3 or 5 successful defenses each day

within the last age without dlc

Couldnt agree more.  Its about keeping your in game trophies down and luring people with 200 plus thousand even in the ages before.  Its been a win every time I log on.  It seems people are grateful for the production and end up taking the L bc it was never about destroying you, at that low of in game rank.  Its a free upgrage to attack me, :)   but i get to see my d do work.  Win win

• 1 year later...

I got this trophy pretty easily back when I played the game a lot like 6 years ago.  All I did was spell out hold the line with my walls and started handing out victories to other players.  Once I built up a couple players who would do the same, I would always look through my defense log and return the favor.

All in all it took a week or 2 to get it.  OFC I was already at the atomic age.

• 6 months later...

My comment on the other site probably still works, this is how I did it back in the day.

Lose on purpose to tank your trophies to around 500, then place all your mines and storage on one side of your map. Then place all other buildings on the other side with all defensive buildings covering your palace and utilities. At that point most people will just take your coins and give you the win.