SnapMap Thread

Redgrave

So here's a thread for people who have made and want to share their SnapMaps. Advice on how to make or improve SnapMaps is also welcomed. I've made one so far but am working on another one. If you want to find it just search for "Bloody Palace" and so far that's the only one on there. It should be titled "Bloody Palace V.1". I'll edit this post when I finish my second map.

Alright I've made my second map. It's called "Escape From Hell Prison". Recommended to have 2-4 players. I'll try and go back to changing the way the boss characters I want spawned the way I want to but as of now it's just a hard map I made.

Edited by Redgrave
  • Like 2

ovS6AVt.png

Here was my first SnapMap. A simple "Collect all keys to get to the end" map. Not sure if it's difficult or not :P

Had so many objects in this map, it got to the point where whenever I'd try to undo an action (eg accidental deletion), it'd disconnect me from the map.

Side note: It would be cool to use this thread to organise SnapMap testings for maps using logic that may require multiple players too. Edited by TriggerTortoise
  • Like 1

Side note: It would be cool to use this thread to organise SnapMap testings for maps using logic that may require multiple players too.

That was also the intention. I was actually hoping someone would be able to tell me if there's a way I can make a "boss" enemy spawn after all the enemies in the room are dead. Or have it where the Vega voice talks to you without having to use the doors or that one transparent box that I can't make invisible.

Cool cool

How are you spawning your demons; multiple spawners?

By transparent box, I assume you mean the box trigger? If so, you can set the "Show on start" property to false to hide it.

When do you want Vega to talk to you? (When do you want his audio to trigger)

Hey didn't notice you responded until I checked, sorry.

The ones I want spawned specifically I have set a spawner, yes. But I tried setting them to spawn when all the other enemies in the room were killed. I don't think it worked though.

I want Vega to talk when you're going through hallways or just other spots in a big room without having to use the doors specifically. I'll try using the property method though, thanks :)

Hey didn't notice you responded until I checked, sorry.

The ones I want spawned specifically I have set a spawner, yes. But I tried setting them to spawn when all the other enemies in the room were killed. I don't think it worked though.

I want Vega to talk when you're going through hallways or just other spots in a big room without having to use the doors specifically. I'll try using the property method though, thanks :)

Nah, it was my fault. Forgot to quote.

All spawners should have an "On event finished" output so that they can then trigger objects after the encounter event is finished. To add to this, if you're using multiple simultaneously active spawners or placed demons, you'll have to use a count that tracks the number of encounters that have finished (and will then trigger the next object once all the encounters have finished/once the count has been reached), or use booleans and logic gates (though a count would be easier to do).

Yeah, if you want Vega to do his thing in certain spots in a hallway or room, the box trigger is really the only way to go. If you want him to play only once, you can either disable the box trigger once it has been entered or add a relay to the logic chain between the box trigger and the speaker and set it to run only once.

Edited by TriggerTortoise

Hey, im not sure if im in the right place here but i had a question about snapmap. How do i make patrolling enemies aggro to players when they see them?

You see, i started building a snapmap this morning, and decided i wanted to do a "sneaky" metal gear solid or deus ex style level, so ive been trying to set up AI paths that you can sneak around but i realized that the enemies i was putting on the paths do not care about the player. I can even walk up and shoot them without them aggroing.

Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, i might be able to figure it out if i fiddled with snapmap more but i have to go to work and wanted to see if anyone could tell me while i was there.

Thanks in advance

Hey, im not sure if im in the right place here but i had a question about snapmap. How do i make patrolling enemies aggro to players when they see them?

You see, i started building a snapmap this morning, and decided i wanted to do a "sneaky" metal gear solid or deus ex style level, so ive been trying to set up AI paths that you can sneak around but i realized that the enemies i was putting on the paths do not care about the player. I can even walk up and shoot them without them aggroing.

Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, i might be able to figure it out if i fiddled with snapmap more but i have to go to work and wanted to see if anyone could tell me while i was there.

Thanks in advance

Not sure if you've sorted this out yet, but AI Path objects have an Unfollow For Combat property where demons following the path will leave the path to engage in combat. Demons also have a Spawn Behavior property that you can set to Ambush so that they will only attack when they see you.

Edited by TriggerTortoise