I screwed up

Pottercito_

In the guide it says: Whatever you do, DON'T Talk to the huge serpent there, Fraampt because you'll miss your chance to enter a covenant later.

I already killed ornstein and I picked up the Undead Asylum key and I accidentally get dropped into the serpent's hole. But I didn't talk to her. Did I screw my playthrough?

Yes, I believe it screwed up. If I remember correctly, falling into the pit without talking to Frampt will make him angry, and you will not be able to meet Kaathe and join the Darkwraiths. The Darkwraith covenant is a pvp covenant and joining it will give you a red eye orb, which means that you can invade infinitely. If you're going for platinum, you will have to start a new playthrough or try again in NG+ to discover the covenant, but if you're not going for a platinum and you're not into pvp, you have not missed out on anything.

I would suggest to try to meet Kaathe on your next playthrough anyway, seeing as he brings some interesting perspectives on certain lore elements. His dialogue is worth hearing. ^_^

I went back to the serpent and she said to me: Hmrr, hmrr LIKE IF IT WAS SLEEPING, IS IT NORMAL?

Yes it is, but not sure if this one actually counts as a talk now that you decided to examine on him. As far as I know dropping to the place where you place the Lordvessel doesn't make the other serpent disappear from your current playthrough.

Yes it is, but not sure if this one actually counts as a talk now that you decided to examine on him. As far as I know dropping to the place where you place the Lordvessel doesn't make the other serpent disappear from your current playthrough.

Okay thanks, If not I still have to do another playthrough. :)

Okay thanks, If not I still have to do another playthrough. :)

One thing I forgot to mention, can't you use your Lordvessel and teleport back to The Abyss bonfire? (where you fought Four Kings)

If you didn't talk to the Fraampt then the other Serpent (Darkstalker Kaathe) should be there, then you can join the covenant and rank up whenever you please.

One thing I forgot to mention, can't you use your Lordvessel and teleport back to The Abyss bonfire? (where you fought Four Kings)

If you didn't talk to the Fraampt then the other Serpent (Darkstalker Kaathe) should be there, then you can join the covenant and rank up whenever you please.

Actually I don't know if I talked to it or not. I get closed to him and he said ¨Hmrr, hmr¨. But I think it will be screwed up If O give to him the Lordvessel, thing that I didn't do.

Actually I don't know if I talked to it or not. I get closed to him and he said ¨Hmrr, hmr¨. But I think it will be screwed up If O give to him the Lordvessel, thing that I didn't do.

Yes, sometimes he will be there sleeping and you have to wake him up in order to progress the game/place the Lordvessel, hence why I'm not sure if it counts as a dialogue or not in this case.

By the way disregard what I said about teleporting back to bonfire, I reread your posts and you still didn't beat The Four Kings, so you can't just go there.  :facepalm:  Once you kill him and rest in the bonfire the other serpent should appear there, or else you will have to do it again on NG+.

I didn't see a definitive answer to your question, so here goes: No, you didn't screw up. I talked to Frampt in Firelink Shrine after ringing the two Bells of Awakening, then talked to Kaathe in the Abyss after being brought to the Firelink Altar by Kaathe and returning to him in the Abyss without placing the Lordvessel (use a Homeward Bone or the Homeward miracle) and he offered me his covenant just fine. Neither serpent was angry at me at this point. Then I placed the Lordvessel for Frampt.

So, in short, as long as you didn't place the Lordvessel for Frampt or without a serpent, you didn't fail.

But the others are right, too, you can just do it in NG+.

Edited by viech54

I didn't see a definitive answer to your question, so here goes: No, you didn't screw up. I talked to Frampt in Firelink Shrine after ringing the two Bells of Awakening, then talked to Kaathe in the Abyss after being brought to the Firelink Altar by Kaathe and returning to him in the Abyss without placing the Lordvessel (use a Homeward Bone or the Homeward miracle) and he offered me his covenant just fine. Neither serpent was angry at me at this point. Then I placed the Lordvessel for Frampt.

So, in short, as long as you didn't place the Lordvessel for Frampt or without a serpent, you didn't fail.

But the others are right, too, you can just do it in NG+.

Thanks, it means you talked to Katthe and after that you placed the lordvessel with Fraamp, meaning that I'm fine. Thanks a lot! Anycase there is a posibility that I can't enter into the covenant. :D

Thanks, it means you talked to Katthe and after that you placed the lordvessel with Fraamp, meaning that I'm fine. Thanks a lot! Anycase there is a posibility that I can't enter into the covenant. :D

You're welcome. I figured I might as well state exactly what I did just in case.

I talked to both of them before entering the covenant/placing the Lordvessel. I did this after obtaining the Lordvessel, so I didn't fight the Four Kings prior to Ornstein & Smough.

I talked to Frampt in Firelink Shrine after ringing both Bells of Awakening (agreed to be enlightened by him), then Kaathe in the Abyss right after the Four Kings (also agreed to learn the truth) and let him take me to the Firelink Altar (<- necessary for him to let you join his covenant), then used a Homeward Bone, then talked to Kaathe in the Abyss and entered his covenant, then talked to Frampt at Firelink Shrine and let him take me to the Firelink Altar to place the Lordvessel.

As you see, you can even let one serpent transport you to the Firelink Altar, it won't anger the other one as long as you don't place the Lordvessel for that serpent or jump into Frampt's hole in Firelink Shrine alone and place the Lordvessel without a serpent. If you do that, both serpents will think that you placed the LV for the other serpent and disappear from your current playthrough.

Well, I can't deny the possibility that something might go wrong even if you don't place the Lordvessel for Frampt or alone, but it shouldn't and would be a bug. I haven't heard of such a bug, considering that this game is about five years old, a bug like that quite likely doesn't exist or is extremely rare. If there really is such a bug, you can still do it in NG+, just like some others wrote.

And this is just nitpicking, but their names are spelled Frampt and Kaathe :P

Edited by viech54
  • Like 1