Self boosting "golf buddy"

aerosol_grey

I usdd the following method to get golf buddy and as I haven't seen it posted anywhere I thought I would pass it on.

I used a secondary account, one controller and an online three hole course (aerosol_green but any will do) for this.

1) Before starting log in both accounts.

2) Start the game on your main account and play the first hole of your selected course. At the start of the second hole, find your secondary account in add players (via the option button) and choose "invite to course". Play the second hole and when you are at the tee of the third close the game via the ps button.

3) Switch to your secondary account and start the game. Go to messages and you should see the invite you just sent, select this and finish the first hole. Quit the game again using the ps button.

4) Switch back to your main account and start the game. From the main screen select continue to take you back to the last (3rd) hole of the round. Start playing and you should see you secondary account appear in the list on the left with (LIVE) by the side of it. When this appears finish the hole (and thus the round) and the trophy will pop. If instead of (LIVE) you see (AWAY) you will have to start the process again.

I'm sure that this can be done in a quicker way but, this is the way I did it so, I know this works. This method exploits the long server timeout on this game, this means you have to complete each step before it times out the the other account (you have plenty of time), if you quit the game normally the server will know you have left and it will not work.

• Like 3

• 11 months later...
On 2016-6-9 at 10:01 AM, aerosol_grey said:

I usdd the following method to get golf buddy and as I haven't seen it posted anywhere I thought I would pass it on.

I used a secondary account, one controller and an online three hole course (aerosol_green but any will do) for this.

1) Before starting log in both accounts.

2) Start the game on your main account and play the first hole of your selected course. At the start of the second hole, find your secondary account in add players (via the option button) and choose "invite to course". Play the second hole and when you are at the tee of the third close the game via the ps button.

3) Switch to your secondary account and start the game. Go to messages and you should see the invite you just sent, select this and finish the first hole. Quit the game again using the ps button.

4) Switch back to your main account and start the game. From the main screen select continue to take you back to the last (3rd) hole of the round. Start playing and you should see you secondary account appear in the list on the left with (LIVE) by the side of it. When this appears finish the hole (and thus the round) and the trophy will pop. If instead of (LIVE) you see (AWAY) you will have to start the process again.

I'm sure that this can be done in a quicker way but, this is the way I did it so, I know this works. This method exploits the long server timeout on this game, this means you have to complete each step before it times out the the other account (you have plenty of time), if you quit the game normally the server will know you have left and it will not work.

I can't get this to work, everytime i change accounts i see just my own account 

You need to be logged in to psn on both accounts  when you switch accounts use the switch user option not the logout one.  You also need to be friends with yourself. If you long press the ps button your secondary account should appear under online friends after doing this.

In the game while using your own account you should see you dummy account under options button/active users while playing your round.  Click on it here and invite it to course.  You should then see a second player in the onscreen list with live by their name.  if it is there the trophy will pop when you finish the round.

I have just retested this method and got the trophy on my second account so it does still work. I think that you can also start the round on you secondary account then switch to your main account start the round here then add the other account to the round but I have never tried this.  The important thing is that when playing the last hole you can see the name of your boosting account on screen with "live" written next to it.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, aerosol_grey said:

You need to be logged in to psn on both accounts  when you switch accounts use the switch user option not the logout one.  You also need to be friends with yourself. If you long press the ps button your secondary account should appear under online friends after doing this.

In the game while using your own account you should see you dummy account under options button/active users while playing your round.  Click on it here and invite it to course.  You should then see a second player in the onscreen list with live by their name.  if it is there the trophy will pop when you finish the round.

I have just retested this method and got the trophy on my second account so it does still work. I think that you can also start the round on you secondary account then switch to your main account start the round here then add the other account to the round but I have never tried this.  The important thing is that when playing the last hole you can see the name of your boosting account on screen with "live" written next to it.

I've probably done something wrong then. I logged in to both accounts. What i did was start the game up on both accounts.

Then i started the game on my main account, and invited the other account over, i then played another hole and then went to the other account.

I did that by going back to the main menu by using the psn button, and going to the menu where you can also shut off the ps4, in this menu i switched players. What happened then when i pressed The Golf Club on this account was that i just see the image from my own account, with the message that my controller disconnected from the game. Then i press x and i continue with my main account player on my alternate account. So i don't know what i'm doing wrong.

Good thing is that i found a friend who quickly wants to help me with this

I didn't start golf club on the second account until after I sent the invite.  I then switched to the second account pressed down from the golf club icon to where the invite was displayed and started the game from there.

Still if you found someone then that is probably simpler.

• 7 months later...

I try this method today, and it works. However, there are couple things I want to add into it, when you switch back to main account and continue the game. Make sure click touchpad to let your second account join. Also, I remove all AI players in the beginning of the course. Not sure if this matter or not. Anyway, it does work as OP said.