Siren - Trophy/game thoughts

Spinach

Doesn't look too difficult. Several collectible trophies, story related trophies, and a single speedrun trophy. No plat is a shame though 

Played it on PS2 and thought it was a decent survival horror and a bit on the tough side.

Edited by Lord Bolton

I've played almost all the horror games on PS2, except Siren series. At that time i've been frustrared by its high difficulty, even Siren 2 was much easier which still gave me a lot of troubles.

No platinum isn't a problem, i'll give it a try.

• Like 1

Why aren't a lot of these PS2 games getting platinums? They're still full games. It's kinda like how RE4 and RE:CVX didn't get platinums for the PS3. I'm really hoping that RE4 has a platinum this time around

Exactly, I don't get it either. Sure some games, like Fantavision for example, don't exactly warrant a platinum but Siren? Hell yeah it should have! It's a full game, like you said, and a rather tough one at that. In a way it's coming across to me as Sony are half assing it. I'm sure people here who've played the game can think of 30+ trophies for it but Sony can't? I'm quite positive Resi 4 will have a platinum though, it is being released on disc remember. Not that that means it's a given of course but I think it's highly likely, especially since fans we're unhappy with the trophies the last time.

Exactly, I don't get it either. Sure some games, like Fantavision for example, don't exactly warrant a platinum but Siren? Hell yeah it should have! It's a full game, like you said, and a rather tough one at that. In a way it's coming across to me as Sony are half assing it. I'm sure people here who've played the game can think of 30+ trophies for it but Sony can't? I'm quite positive Resi 4 will have a platinum though, it is being released on disc remember. Not that that means it's a given of course but I think it's highly likely, especially since fans we're unhappy with the trophies the last time.

I'm just nervous cuz the PS4 trophy list for Resident Evil 6 and Resident Evil 5 are the exact same as the PS3 versions...

I'm just nervous cuz the PS4 trophy list for Resident Evil 6 and Resident Evil 5 are the exact same as the PS3 versions...

Yeah it's definitely not a guarantee but I just feel hopeful I guess, won't know for certain 'til it drops.

Some of the versus trophies for 5 were changed slightly for the PS4 release mind you.

Edited by dell9300

Maybe is Sony's way to release them sooner? like instead of having to wait some months more to have Max Payne they decided to just add a few trophies, and give priority to other open-world or RPG titles who will have a platinum?

The PS3 version of RE4 was released on disc some years ago, only on Japan though. Not sure if it's going to have a platinum this time, but giving that is the 20th anniversary of the series I think Capcom should at least put a little more effort into it. I mean they know that its going to sell well again so why not?

Yeah but RE6 and 5 lists were already very complete on PS3, having many trophies and a platinum, so there wasn't a reason to change them or add more stuff. Like dell said they just changed some requirements for the Versus trophies, but other than that they don't needed any change. Meanwhile RE4's list needs to be improved, can't believe that both REmake and RE0 have platinums and more than 40 trophies and RE4 doesn't. As much as I love the REmake and RE0 and I consider them to be true RE's games -unlike 4, 5 and 6- I have to say that RE4 has more content and more "potential trophies" than those two.

Hopefully sony will bring siren 2 and siren blood curse (with platinum) to ps4 soon. :)

I think that a PS4 version of Blood Curse was leaked some weeks ago on some Korean site or something like that. I really hope that Sony releases Siren 2, given that it wasn't released last gen as part of PS3's PS2 Classics, and it was never originally released on North America, so a PS4 re-release for both regions will be very appreciated by many players! :)

Edited by Finozzi1696

Maybe is Sony's way to release them sooner? like instead of having to wait some months more to have Max Payne they decided to just add a few trophies, and give priority to other open-world or RPG titles who will have a platinum?

I'm sure most people would rather wait another month or so though and get a full list with a platinum. :P It's the only chance for a lot of these PS2 games to get trophies so they should make the most of the opportunity.

• Like 1

I'm sure most people would rather wait another month or so though and get a full list with a platinum. :P It's the only chance for a lot of these PS2 games to get trophies so they should make the most of the opportunity.

I agree, but Sony is the one who doesn't understand that, apparently  :P

• Like 1

While Sony isn't the one usually deciding the trophies, they are indeed in this case. There are specific criterias that must be met to get the platinum trophy. It could just be Sony being lazy with this one. I don't know, or it may be it doesn't meet these criterias. Not sure at all. :\ Seems more likely they just half-assed it and that's sad, but it could also be they had trouble actually adding trophies due to how the game runs.

Highly unlikely. Probably just a very small group of people, talking maybe 1 person to like 5 people doing the actual job of adding these trophies. They probably didn't have that long either. Who knows? :P They do, but I can't see how this is like a big job they've set off a lot of people and time to do.

Highly unlikely. Probably just a very small group of people, talking maybe 1 person to like 5 people doing the actual job of adding these trophies. They probably didn't have that long either. Who knows? :P They do, but I can't see how this is like a big job they've set off a lot of people and time to do.

Yeah and giving that is a small group maybe Sony told them to just add a few trophies for this one (since is "less important") in order to not take too long to release each one of this PS2 re-releases, and that they should give priority/add a platinum to some other more important game, open world or RPG maybe. Keep in mind that every open-world (GTA) and RPG games (Okage, Rogue Galaxy, Wild Arms 3, Dark Cloud 1 and 2, etc) got a platinum since they have more content and are bigger games, thus requiring more effort into their trophy lists.

Edited by Finozzi1696

While all these theories could have a grain of truth in them, there's always exceptions. Like if Sony are keeping platinums for only the more popular / important games then why did Mark of Kri and its sequel get? They aren't very popular I wouldn't say, compared to the others. I guess it's just one of those mysteries never to be solved! xD

Yeah and giving that is a small group maybe Sony told them to just add a few trophies for this one (since is "less important") in order to not take too long to release each one of this PS2 re-releases, and that they should give priority/add a platinum to some other more important game, open world or RPG maybe. Keep in mind that every open-world (GTA) and RPG games (Okage, Rogue Galaxy, Wild Arms 3, Dark Cloud 1 and 2, etc) got a platinum since they have more content and are bigger games, thus requiring more effort into their trophy lists.

I don't think they said add less to make time for other games, but it could be that... idk... seems very lazy to me. It is not that much extra job adding more trophies. Things like shooting x amount in x time etc, that could be WAY harder to do trophies for when it comes to emulated PS2 games on PS4.

If time and difficulty of adding trophies was the problem, honestly, they could have made mode of them gold and put a platinum on top of that.

If you want some insight into what it's like to add trophies to games...

http://steamcommunity.com/app/266510/discussions/0/496881136899931683/

^ That's some special case where they actually added new trophies to the base game.... yeah, so you could have platinum without all the trophies. I think one of the trophies added is still more rare than the platinum. :P

Here's another fun read:

http://superflatgames.com/wordpress/?p=1182

^ Pushed for "silent" pops, so you could have the trophies pop without it actually appearing on the screen and for having a platinum trophy for his PSN game. xD

Edited by MMDE

While all these theories could have a grain of truth in them, there's always exceptions. Like if Sony are keeping platinums for only the more popular / important games then why did Mark of Kri and its sequel get? They aren't very popular I wouldn't say, compared to the others. I guess it's just one of those mysteries never to be solved! xD

Perhaps they put a little more effort into those since they were part of the first batch (maybe even Rise of the Kasai was part of that batch, but for some reason it was released after? not wanting to release 2 unpopular games of the same franchise in the same month?) and now they are kind of rushing it with some titles in order to having at least 1 PS2 re-release every 1 or 2 weeks? Don't know, I'm just speculating like crazy :lol:.

Between this and last month we got like 5 games already, 6 if Siren is released this Tuesday!

I don't think they said add less to make time for other games, but it could be that... idk... seems very lazy to me. It is not that much extra job adding more trophies. Things like shooting x amount in x time etc, that could be WAY harder to do trophies for when it comes to emulated PS2 games on PS4.

If time and difficulty of adding trophies was the problem, honestly, they could have made mode of them gold and put a platinum on top of that.

Apparently it takes nearly 1 to 2 months to add trophies depending on how much trophies said game has, according to what a Sony's employee said on Twitter when this emulation thing started. Is not just adding the trophies, they need to test them of course, which is a process that takes days, not just a couple of hours. Said process will take longer or less time depending on the trophies quantity.

Like I said I can see Sony rushing some of them so we can get one every 1 or 2 weeks, unlike February where just 1 game was released, and now between this and last month we got nearly 6 already! and 4 of those doesn't have a platinum.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_2_games_for_PlayStation_4

Edited by Finozzi1696

Apparently it takes nearly 1 to 2 months to add trophies depending on how much trophies said game has, according to what a Sony's employee said on Twitter when this emulation thing started. Is not just adding the trophies, they need to test them of course, which is a process that takes days, not just a couple of hours.

Like I said I can see Sony rushing some of them so we can get one every 1 or 2 weeks, unlike February where just 1 game was released, and now between this and last month we got nearly 6 already! and 4 of those doesn't have a platinum.

Adding the trophies or making sure the emulation functions correctly? If the adding trophies part, I don't really see how it takes 1-2 months, seriously.

Adding the trophies or making sure the emulation functions correctly? If the adding trophies part, I don't really see how it takes 1-2 months, seriously.

Dev: It Takes 2-3 Months Just To Add Trophies For PS2 Emulation

"Timothy Lindquist from PlayStation was asked questions regarding trophies on Twitter recently, he said: 

"The simplest sounding trophies can turn out to be really complex to program! ... Deciding what the trophies should be takes 1-2 weeks (plus extra time to get them approved). Programming is about a month ... Testing them after programming can take another 1-2 months depending on how long the game is! ... Mark of Kri's Complete a level without dying is trophy is a lot harder to implement than you'd think, too." "

Edited by Finozzi1696

Dev: It Takes 2-3 Months Just To Add Trophies For PS2 Emulation

"Timothy Lindquist from PlayStation was asked questions regarding trophies on Twitter recently, he said: 

"The simplest sounding trophies can turn out to be really complex to program! ... Deciding what the trophies should be takes 1-2 weeks (plus extra time to get them approved). Programming is about a month ... Testing them after programming can take another 1-2 months depending on how long the game is! ... Mark of Kri's Complete a level without dying is trophy is a lot harder to implement than you'd think, too." "

Yeah, I saw that, but that means they need better tools. lol :P And them basing it off almost solely on disc access reads....

Whatever the case is, currently it takes that long to add and test them :)

Yeah, but they take like 1-2 weeks just to come up with the trophy lists. haha

Anyway, it taking that long, I can't see it being a big team.

I hope they get around to King's Field - The Ancient City eventually. That is the one I want to see ported the most. After that I'd love to see Time Splitters 2, and the Katamari games.

Oh, and the Tak series, and Shadow Tower Abyss, Eternal Ring, Evergrace, Forever Kingdom.

Edited by MMDE

Yeah, but they take like 1-2 weeks just to come up with the trophy lists. haha

Anyway, it taking that long, I can't see it being a big team.

I hope they get around to King's Field - The Ancient City eventually. That is the one I want to see ported the most. After that I'd love to see Time Splitters 2, and the Katamari games.

That's true, but I imagine they need to play the game first before coming up with trophy ideas, although I also read that Sony works with the original developers of the game to help developing the trophy lists, so I don't know. :dunno: It's certainly not a big team, I always saw it as less than 5-10 people doing everything, no more than that!

I also don't know how much time it takes to make the trophies's images? but can't see them taking more than 1 week perhaps.

I never thought that this process was that complicated: thinking what trophies to add -> programming and adding them -> testing them -> creating their images...  :D

Edited by Finozzi1696

That's true, but I imagine they need to play the game first before coming up with trophy ideas, although I also read that Sony works with the original developers of the game to help developing the trophy lists, so I don't know. :dunno: It's certainly not a big team, I always saw it as less than 5-10 people thing doing everything, no more than that!

I also don't know how much time it takes to make the trophies's images? but can't see them taking more than 1 week perhaps.

I never thought that this process was that complicated: thinking what trophies to add -> programming and adding them -> testing them -> creating their images...  :D

As a designer myself I could make a set of trophy images in a day for sure. I don't know how long they take but it really shouldn't take long, especially with some of the mistakes I've seen them make. :P

As a designer myself I could make a set of trophy images in a day for sure. I don't know how long they take but it really shouldn't take long, especially with some of the mistakes I've seen them make. :P

You should start working for Sony then, and replace whoever lazy ass is working on them right now.  :lol:

• Like 1