God of War - E3 2016 Gameplay Trailer

HeySumbode

If i dont hear this im gonna be a bit  dissapointed. Actually the whole God of War soundtrack is amazing

I hope they haven't gone too serious with this game though. I love God of War because hes a fucking insane angry person that kills for sport, not because its a serious emotional adventure :P . 

I personally like the new theme 

Also, Kratos will be struggling with his anger in this... Trying to tame the beast within him. But they have confirmed there will be plenty of ass kicking to be had in the game. Kratos' son is even gonna get in on the action.

• Like 1

Also, Kratos will be struggling with his anger in this... Trying to tame the beast within him. But they have confirmed there will be plenty of ass kicking to be had in the game. Kratos' son is even gonna get in on the action.

Im hoping the kid dies (maybe at the end) by a powerful god which makes Kratos go ape shit and goes on a revenge killing spree again. "In the end there will be only chaos" 

Im hoping the kid dies (maybe at the end) by a powerful god which makes Kratos go ape shit and goes on a revenge killing spree again. "In the end there will be only chaos" 

I don't think it will happen. I don't believe either will die, and that this is the first of a new trilogy of games. 

Are you kidding? The entire plot of GoW hinges on emotions - guilt, trust, betrayal, anger, love, hope. Kratos isn't nearly as one dimensional as everyone makes him out to be.

Thats not quite what i meant. I saw a lot of people saying its like the last of us and i dont think God of War should be serious like that.  

The scenes with Pandora definitely were emotional and his memories from his past but not much else ;) .   

I don't think it will happen. I don't believe either will die, and that this is the first of a new trilogy of games. 

I can see a new  trilogy happening  :D

Also because this is the internet some people will think im complaining. Im not. im just discussing my thoughts. When people talk about their childhood they think Crash Bandicoot but i think of GTA and God of War :P  I will be getting this game day 1 regardless.  :)

I can see a new  trilogy happening  :D

Also because this is the internet some people will think im complaining. Im not. im just discussing my thoughts. When people talk about their childhood they think Crash Bandicoot but i think of GTA and God of War :P  I will be getting this game day 1 regardless.  :)

Nah, I don't see it as complaining. All we can do is speculate right now anyway. God of war was my childhood. Day 1, collector's edition for me. Fo sho

• Like 1

I been thinking about a few things so i thought i may aswell post it here.

1. Would we still have the wings?
  2. Can we still double jump?
  3. Where are the blades of Chaos? I need my  :triangle:  :triangle:  :triangle:
  4. Will the Norse gods know of the infamous ghost of Sparta?

So many questions. I need it now. All except 1 were released in March so lets hope March 2017 we can play.

Looks like Christopher Judge is the voice of old Kratos.

Have you all considered that perhaps in this game Kratos dies and it's the kid who's going on a rampage of revenge?

They said the story is about redemption and not vengeance. But could be.

I just want to see some scenarios. Something GoW knew how to do was create massive temples for us to fight through.

Have you all considered that perhaps in this game Kratos dies and it's the kid who's going on a rampage of revenge?

Already confirmed you play as Kratos the whole game, unless it's the very last second not likely. 

I been thinking about a few things so i thought i may aswell post it here.

1. Would we still have the wings?
  2. Can we still double jump?
  3. Where are the blades of Chaos? I need my  :triangle:  :triangle:  :triangle:
  4. Will the Norse gods know of the infamous ghost of Sparta?

So many questions. I need it now. All except 1 were released in March so lets hope March 2017 we can play.

Looks like Christopher Judge is the voice of old Kratos.

1. Probably not

2. Again, probably not because the mechanics have been tweaked. 

3. The blades of chaos are most likely long gone, lost after the fall of Olympus. Also, Cory Barlog said they didn't want people to go into the game thinking they could rely on the old standby attacks, and be confused when they don't work. Hence the Axe. Which is badass in it's own right, and has a story of it's own.

4. Most likely, the persian King in CoO heard of the Ghost of Sparta, and that was before he killed any Gods. 

Btw, if you look at Kratos' son, he is using Kratos' old skirt thing as a belt of sorts and someone spotted the boots of hermes in the beginning of the demo. I also noticed a statue hanging upside down just after the fight with a troll. I think that's a nod to odin. Who was pierced by a spear and hung upside down for 9 days and nights with no food nor mead. 

Edited by KratosTheMighty
  • Like 2

They said the story is about redemption and not vengeance. But could be.

Already confirmed you play as Kratos the whole game, unless it's the very last second not likely.

I thought of both when making my comment. I'm thinking Kratos gets redemption in this game, dies, and that starts off the kid's rampage, possibly at the end of the game so the kid starts off the next game.

Side note, I may have missed it but has it been confirmed anywhere that the kid is actually the sob of Kratos? As opposed to, say, he's actually a young Kratos and old Kratos tries to help the kid not make the same mistakes? Or he's just a random kid that Kratos took a liking to?

I thought of both when making my comment. I'm thinking Kratos gets redemption in this game, dies, and that starts off the kid's rampage, possibly at the end of the game so the kid starts off the next game.

Side note, I may have missed it but has it been confirmed anywhere that the kid is actually the sob of Kratos? As opposed to, say, he's actually a young Kratos and old Kratos tries to help the kid not make the same mistakes? Or he's just a random kid that Kratos took a liking to?

Nah, Kratos will live and him and his son is gonna wreck shit up for at least 3 games. 

Kratos has always had a bald head, even as a child he shaved it. This is shown in Ghost of Sparta. The boy calls Kratos father multiple times, and is wearing Kratos' old "skirt" as a sash of sorts. Also, Kratos grew up in Sparta, not scandinavia. Already confirmed through interviews that this game takes place many years after God of war 3. 

Nah, Kratos will live and him and his son is gonna wreck shit up for at least 3 games. 

Kratos has always had a bald head, even as a child he shaved it. This is shown in Ghost of Sparta. The boy calls Kratos father multiple times, and is wearing Kratos' old "skirt" as a sash of sorts. Also, Kratos grew up in Sparta, not scandinavia. Already confirmed through interviews that this game takes place many years after God of war 3. 

I watched the trailer without sound on :-)

Still, could be he took his kid self away from 'his destiny', hiding up north. "Many years after God Of War 3" could mean just for the character it's been many years, not that it's still in the same timeline.

... I'm just trying to justify my wild fantasies here. After "no we're super honest, the Arkham Knight is a new character", I'm not trusting any developer comments ever again.

I watched the trailer without sound on :-)

Still, could be he took his kid self away from 'his destiny', hiding up north. "Many years after God Of War 3" could mean just for the character it's been many years, not that it's still in the same timeline.

... I'm just trying to justify my wild fantasies here. After "no we're super honest, the Arkham Knight is a new character", I'm not trusting any developer comments ever again.

The only time traveling ability shown in the series was destroyed in God of War 2. No need to justify anything. Cory Barlog wouldn't bullshit fans. He's put his heart and soul in the game, just watch his expressions while he plays and how the crowd reacts to the gameplay. Watch it again with the sound on. 

I'm a little late but

"Don't be sorry. Be better."

Is my new favorite Kratos quote. :P

A little spartan wisdom. 

Edit: If you think about it, Kratos is being fairly lenient on his son. Kratos was trained as a spartan.He was thrown into the fire at age 8, starved, forced to fight other children, and kill other children. Spartan recruits were encouraged to find food where they can, but if caught stealing food.... were severely punished. By the time they were 15, they were literally cogs in a war machine. Bred to die. Only Kratos doesn't take too kindly to dying. Throw on top of that, His brother was taken from him at a young age. His father, was nowhere to be seen, and once in the spartan training he'd never see his mother until he was a grown man. I'd say Kratos is doing a fine job

Edited by KratosTheMighty

I think you are forgetting that Kratos has already died multiple times in past games. So if he does die he will just crawl his way out of hell again  xD

The Last Tomb Raider of War.

While it may look great, I'm not all too happy. Would've much more preferred a new IP instead.

Same goes for TLoU 2. An important characteristic of great stories is a perfect ending in order not to spoil them. That perfect ending was GoW 3 (and TLoU should've ended right there where it did).

• Like 1

Same goes for TLoU 2. An important characteristic of great stories is a perfect ending in order not to spoil them. That perfect ending was GoW 3 (and TLoU should've ended right there where it did).

I wouldn't call a huge cliffhanger a perfect ending.

The Last Tomb Raider of War.

While it may look great, I'm not all too happy. Would've much more preferred a new IP instead.

I wouldn't call a huge cliffhanger a perfect ending.

The ending of GOW 3 was the only thing I did not like about the first three games.

I have no problem with a TLOU2 if it's about different characters in the same setting.

• Like 1

I wouldn't call a completely destroyeeartandeaKratoa huge cliffhanger. They could've just left it at that.

You obviously didnt see the post credit scene. It suggested that Kratos was still alive. I would say thats a pretty big cliffhanger.

You obviously didnt see the post credit scene. It suggested that Kratos was still alive. I would say thats a pretty big cliffhanger.

Yeah, energy floatinarounanstuff, perhapa new beginninfor mankind, open to interpretation. True. Neverthelessstill standinby mstatements:

An important characteristic of great stories is a perfect ending in order not to spoil them. That perfect ending was GoW 3.

They could've just left it at that.

• Like 1

I wouldn't call a completely destroyeeartandeaKratoa huge cliffhanger. They could've just left it at that.

The earth isn't destroyed, only Greece and the area surrounding it got fucked up. Cory Barlog already confirmed all mythologies exist in God of War and they all have their own regions of the world. If a body isn't shown, the character isn't dead. For someone so adamant about the changed gameplay, you don't seem to know much about the series at all.

• Like 1

Yeah, energy floating around and stuff, perhaps a new beginning for mankind, open to interpretation. True. Nevertheless, still standing by my statements:

An important characteristic of great stories is a perfect ending in order not to spoil them. That perfect ending was GoW 3.

They could've just left it at that.

As I said earlier: while God Of War 3 was a good game, the ending was shit. Too bad Ascension was a prequel, they should've retconned much sooner. Edited by BillyHorrible