WWE 2K17 News

PREDRAG-K

Surprised there's no showcase mode this year, but i'm excited for the return of backstage brawls.

That surprised me too, so it makes me wonder what they are going to do to replace it! I'm not going to complain either way simply because they seem to be making Universe and MyCareer mode better. I imagine there are going to be people who aren't too happy with the removal of Showcase mode though.

• Like 1

Why didn't they just do a showcase based on NXT? Like a "best of NXT" thing. They have Balor, Nakamura, Samoa Joe, Zayn, Owens, Neville, Sasha, Bayley, Charlotte, Becky, and (possibly) Asuka, The Revival and American Alpha.

Oh well, it's not a big loss. The Showcase mode was really just to unlock costumes and stuff. It was usually 5 hours long, at most. I just hope Universe mode has been massively improved. I haven't enjoyed it since they first introduced it. GM mode was better.

Why didn't they just do a showcase based on NXT? Like a "best of NXT" thing. They have Balor, Nakamura, Samoa Joe, Zayn, Owens, Neville, Sasha, Bayley, Charlotte, Becky, and (possibly) Asuka, The Revival and American Alpha.

Oh well, it's not a big loss. The Showcase mode was really just to unlock costumes and stuff. It was usually 5 hours long, at most. I just hope Universe mode has been massively improved. I haven't enjoyed it since they first introduced it. GM mode was better.

A showcase on NXT wouldn't have been so bad to be honest. I am also hoping that Universe mode has been improved. I have found it to be rather boring as it's always the same and there's hardly any cutscenes. Since Showcase mode has been removed, I hope it means they have been able to spend more time on Universe and MyCareer mode.

Personaly, no matter how good 2K make these WWE games, I think they are always going to be outdated in one way or another. With how much WWE changes on a weekly to monthly basis, I just don't think it's possible to keep up with the changes after the game goes into development. That's just my personal opinion though. Still, it's not going to stop me buying and playing the games.

• Like 1

Roster reveal: week #3. 36 superstars and 10 screenshots this week.

Roster:

AJ Styles

Alexa Bliss

Alundra Blayze

Arn Anderson

Bam Bam Bigelow

Becky Lynch

Bo Dallas

Bubba Ray Dudley

Bushwhacker Butch

Bushwhacker Luke

Christian

Curtis Axel

Dana Brooke

Dolph Ziggler

D-Von Dudley

Emma

Eva Marie

Fandango

Kofi Kingston

Lita

Mr. Perfect

Naomi

Natalya

Neville

Randy Savage

Rick Rude

Rikishi

Shawn Michaels

Stardust

Sting

Summer Rae

Tamina

Tatsumi Fujinami

Trish Stratus

Tyler Breeze

Xavier Woods

Screenshots:

YyLuP2l.jpg

HUn4WLs.jpg

aj-styles-1jpg-8e4235.jpg

aj-styles-2jpg-a767bb.jpg

becky-lynchjpg-a767bc.jpg

alexa-blissjpg-1d805b.jpg

emma-2jpg-d4c8db.jpg

kofi-kingstonjpg-1d805c.jpg

xavier-woodsjpg-d4c8dd.jpg

xavier-woods-2jpg-d4c8dc.jpg

Edited by PREDRAG-K

Nothing better of this game where the recent announcements they released makes me want to give my view even though I already explained my view of it, and I don't like it at all. Still betting 2k won't bring these features like the brawl on last gen even though thq already brought it on svr 08 where showcasing on next gen isn't fair as fuck.

so the girls cant have big boobs? look at Charlotte wtf? also did they bring back custom soundtracks for ps4? all that entrance music sucks in CAE. also no warrior or macho man no buy.

Warrior and Macho Man have both been confirmed already. As for the custom music, we'll have to wait and see. It wasn't in last year because neither console had a media player by the time the game was in development. Both PS3 and Xbone have it now, so I hope they bring custom music back.

Nothing better of this game where the recent announcements they released makes me want to give my view even though I already explained my view of it, and I don't like it at all. Still betting 2k won't bring these features like the brawl on last gen even though thq already brought it on svr 08 where showcasing on next gen isn't fair as fuck.

I know you play on PS3 so you won't want to hear this, but the quicker they drop the last gen the better. These games, as well as other sports games, are all kind of "stuck" until they decide to drop the 10 year old hardware and just focus on finally moving the technology further. They make too much money off it though, so I don't see it happening anytime soon. But don't expect any new features on PS3 versions, you'll probably just keep getting 2K14 gameplay with an updated roster every year.

• Like 2

Warrior and Macho Man have both been confirmed already. As for the custom music, we'll have to wait and see. It wasn't in last year because neither console had a media player by the time the game was in development. Both PS3 and Xbone have it now, so I hope they bring custom music back.

I know you play on PS3 so you won't want to hear this, but the quicker they drop the last gen the better. These games, as well as other sports games, are all kind of "stuck" until they decide to drop the 10 year old hardware and just focus on finally moving the technology further. They make too much money off it though, so I don't see it happening anytime soon. But don't expect any new features on PS3 versions, you'll probably just keep getting 2K14 gameplay with an updated roster every year

awesome warrior and macho king are in, now how about the lack of big boobs? women look really weird in the last 2 games (not just because of the boob thing) and i mean customs look weird. they all had one body type, brie bella. kinda sucked. i want to make fat/skinny/athletic/cartoony/big boobed divas like in the good old days. why is everybody afraid of the female form these days? rest of the world doesnt give a s#$% so why do we? 

I know you play on PS3 so you won't want to hear this, but the quicker they drop the last gen the better. These games, as well as other sports games, are all kind of "stuck" until they decide to drop the 10 year old hardware and just focus on finally moving the technology further. They make too much money off it though, so I don't see it happening anytime soon. But don't expect any new features on PS3 versions, you'll probably just keep getting 2K14 gameplay with an updated roster every year.

Yeah but really most developers know it'll be worth it to at least add some parts, but all where without showcase which they basically scratch that idea off and not add any new ideas for last gen, even next gen feels a bit boring without any season mode or anything really. I already get that they may not add some features but 2k not adding crowd fight is quite bullshit since I have to keep on mentioning of how in svr 08 if you remember, that came on the last gen consoles ND it was running fine. Don't know why the publishers don't add the same way to their all of because of technology they want to focus new gen is quite bullshit. Needs more fair in the gaming community where really ps3 is still capable to bring out the things to be worth developing it in a different way not being the same gameplay for all these years where 2k16 was already bad mostly except I only play that for my anime caws and that's it. Other than that, if 2k really wants to add 2k style gameplay, then at least they could add the crowd fights where that goes to show most companies won't even make things sense and fair where sometimes risks can be rewarding and they're still Rick since most people are buying their games. Fuck 2 k regardless where I already know I am not buying their games ever again really.

Plus lag and glitches on 2k16 they even know they should freaking fix it which that is also if they don't bother with that, companies don't really care to bring really fairness of tweaking the parts for those who still love playing old gen consoles.

Edited by Superstarmaste1r

Roster reveal: week 4. 29 more superstars and 9 more screenshots.

Roster:

Alberto Del Rio

Big Cass

Big Show

Bray Wyatt

Brock Lesnar

Carmella

Chad Gable

Darren Young

Dash Wilder

Diamond Dallas Page

Earthquake

Enzo Amore

Goldberg

Jason Jordan

JBL

Mark Henry

Paige

Razor Ramon

Ric Flair

Rusev

Sami Zayn

Samoa Joe

Sasha Banks

Scott Dawson

Sheamus

The Miz

Titus O'Neil

Typhoon

Zack Ryder

Screenshots:

sasha-banksjpg-3130fc.jpg

razor-ramonjpg-7b1990.jpg

the-revivaljpg-7b1992.jpg

alberto-del-riojpg-3130f9.jpg

carmellajpg-fe4602.jpg

enzo-amorejpg-3130fa.jpg

sheamusjpg-fe4603.jpg

samoa-joejpg-7b1991.jpg

dean-ambrosejpg-3130fb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

A good set of DLC characters! Look forward to seeing who is next!

On another note, I'm curious as to how we are going to unlock the majority of unlockables this time around since there is no Showcase Mode.

I think unlockables may be tied to trophies. I haven't heard anything to suggest that, it's just a thought. I remember in the older games ('06 and '07) you would need to do things like "Win the Royal Rumble on hard difficulty" or "Beat Undertaker on legend difficulty at Wrestlemania" to unlock stuff. Those would be trophies now, so I could see them throwing them together.

Either that, or you'll have to unlock stuff through MyCareer mode.

I think unlockables may be tied to trophies. I haven't heard anything to suggest that, it's just a thought. I remember in the older games ('06 and '07) you would need to do things like "Win the Royal Rumble on hard difficulty" or "Beat Undertaker on legend difficulty at Wrestlemania" to unlock stuff. Those would be trophies now, so I could see them throwing them together.

Either that, or you'll have to unlock stuff through MyCareer mode.

I was thinking something similar myself. I know we have been able to unlock a few things playing through Universe and MyCareer mode before. There just wasn't as much to unlock through those modes. Maybe that's changed for 2K17? Maybe we'll unlock more through those modes, or like you said, maybe unlockables will be tied to trophies? Either way, it's going to be fun to find out.