WWE 2K17 News

PREDRAG-K

Well, it's that time of year again. News is finally starting to show up for the latest WWE 2K game. Just like the previous 2 years, we can use this thread to post anything you see or hear about the game.

The release date is set for October 11, 2016.

This year's pre order superstar is Goldberg. Here's the trailer that was show on Raw.

The first 3 superstars were revealed at E3, they are: John Cena, Ultimate Warrior, and Sasha Banks.

The cover star has been revealed, it's Brock Lesnar.

NXT Edition of the game announced.

Edited by PREDRAG-K

im so hoping AJ is in and they had a worked out deal for Anderson and Gallows as well, They KNEW ahead of time theyd be headed to WWE, so they should be able to make the cut. Same with Shinsuke Nakamura.

for me to be happy with the roster i need: AJ, Gallows, Anderson, Shinsuke, Joe.  those are my big 5. Though i also would like a better female roster this year. Banks, Lynch, Charlotte.... cmon. 

already know most of the current stars will be in so no need to worry bout some. 

im so hoping AJ is in and they had a worked out deal for Anderson and Gallows as well, They KNEW ahead of time theyd be headed to WWE, so they should be able to make the cut. Same with Shinsuke Nakamura.

for me to be happy with the roster i need: AJ, Gallows, Anderson, Shinsuke, Joe.  those are my big 5. Though i also would like a better female roster this year. Banks, Lynch, Charlotte.... cmon. 

already know most of the current stars will be in so no need to worry bout some.

Well the roster cutoff is normally a little after Wrestlemania. AJ is most likely in. Nakamura barely makes the cutoff, but I really hope he's in too (even as DLC). Anderson and Gallows likely aren't, maybe they'll be DLC. Joe was in the DLC last year, which means he's definitely in this year.

Sasha is confirmed, which pretty much confirms the other 3 horsewomen. After the shit that 2K got for leaving them out last year, we'll definitely see all 4 this year.

I don't know if this will be the biggest roster ever, but it'll probably be my favorite roster. Especially if we get Nakamura, Styles, Gallows, Anderson, Aries, Jordan, Gable, Asuka, and a bunch of other NXT stars.

The Attitude Era stuff is great, but we've been there and done that enough already. I hope the roster is stacked with the current stars. We can have Rock, Austin, Foley, etc. But they shouldn't be the main focus anymore.

• Like 1

Well the roster cutoff is normally a little after Wrestlemania. AJ is most likely in. Nakamura barely makes the cutoff, but I really hope he's in too (even as DLC). Anderson and Gallows likely aren't, maybe they'll be DLC. Joe was in the DLC last year, which means he's definitely in this year.

Sasha is confirmed, which pretty much confirms the other 3 horsewomen. After the shit that 2K got for leaving them out last year, we'll definitely see all 4 this year.

I don't know if this will be the biggest roster ever, but it'll probably be my favorite roster. Especially if we get Nakamura, Styles, Gallows, Anderson, Aries, Jordan, Gable, Asuka, and a bunch of other NXT stars.

The Attitude Era stuff is great, but we've been there and done that enough already. I hope the roster is stacked with the current stars. We can have Rock, Austin, Foley, etc. But they shouldn't be the main focus anymore.

id definitely like a fresher roster, more nxt guys. Nakamura was before WM so he should make it. They hyped him awhile before Takeover Dallas as well. We will have to wait and find out. Most roster release info is around Summerslam/September range.

Im hoping more match variety, casket is cool but dont mix it with buried alive. they need to return to tag and 3 tag team ladder matches. TLC should be able to toggle win by ladder or win by pin/submission. i could go on and on about it.

i prefer no online trophies, theyre a pain to get. and the servers are never too good.......... 

as for legends, im fine with them being in and all but not a major story focal point. But legends i would like in:

Austin, Rock, Foley, Sting, Legion of Doom, Dudleys (if they arent in as regular), Ric Flair, Macho, HOGAN but i doubt it. Outsiders, DDP, Vader, Great Muta, im always holding out hope they include one japan legend or Hogan again regardless what happened with him and WWE, i think its 2K who has the final say. i cant think of many other legends aside from the always talked about ones. So id like them to change it up. 

I haven't bought a WWE game since WWE '13, but I'll buy this one if they include Nakamura. Also, I know he won't be included, but if Ibushi were in the game, that would be stellar as well. I'll almost certainly wait for it to go on sale, Goldberg was before my time so making him a pre-order bonus isn't all that enticing, but I'm actually looking forward to this year's installment.

I haven't bought a WWE game since WWE '13, but I'll buy this one if they include Nakamura. Also, I know he won't be included, but if Ibushi were in the game, that would be stellar as well. I'll almost certainly wait for it to go on sale, Goldberg was before my time so making him a pre-order bonus isn't all that enticing, but I'm actually looking forward to this year's installment.

Just so you know, these games have a very detailed character creation system. You can scan faces and put them in the game. You can bring in any logo or design you find, and put it on a character. So while Ibushi won't be in the game, you can bet someone will make him in the game. With all the features they have you won't be able to tell the difference between 2K character, and created character.

• Like 1

Not yet. They usually reveal the roster first, then show off some actual gameplay details. Might have to wait until Summerslam for any news on Career Mode.

Okay, I can wait until then! Don't get me wrong as I think the Career Mode was good, but I also think it could be better. Since it's 2K though, I'm certain that Career Mode should improve with each year. It always seems to in NBA 2K.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

WWE 2K17: NXT Edition was announced today. Shinsuke Nakamura, Apollo Crews, and Nia Jax confirmed for the roster (as DLC). Here's the trailer:

Now if previous years are any indication, all 3 of these superstars will be available as separate DLC later on. So you won't have to buy this edition just for them.

WWE 2K17: NXT Edition was announced today. Shinsuke Nakamura, Apollo Crews, and Nia Jax confirmed for the roster (as DLC). Here's the trailer:

Now if previous years are any indication, all 3 of these superstars will be available as separate DLC later on. So you won't have to buy this edition just for them.

As much as I love Shinsuke Nakamura (and I LOVE Shinsuke Nakamura), $100 is a lot to spend on a video game, especially one that probably isn't going to be anything transcendent. I'll probably wait for the game to go on sale, and by then, Nak should be available as DLC.

As much as I love Shinsuke Nakamura (and I LOVE Shinsuke Nakamura), $100 is a lot to spend on a video game, especially one that probably isn't going to be anything transcendent. I'll probably wait for the game to go on sale, and by then, Nak should be available as DLC.

I would guess all 3 will be DLC on day one. As for the $100, it seems fair. You get the $60 game, a Finn Balor statue, an exclusive card with part of the ring mat, and a Shinsuke Nakamura painting.

• 3 weeks later...

Week #1 of the roster reveal. 20 superstars and 7 screenshots revealed today.

Roster:

Brock Lesnar

Chris Jericho

Ultimate Warrior

Booker T

Heath Slater

R-Truth

Erick Rowan

Brian Pillman

Jim Neidhart

Larry Zybszko

Nikki Bella

Brie Bella

Aiden English

Simon Gotch

Jey Uso

Jimmy Uso

Konnor

Viktor

Diego

Fernando

Screenshots:

Co1uwkPWAAASGC9.jpg

Co1vDwdWAAAhz6D.jpg

Co1uwjCWgAAvp5n.jpg

Co1uwjAXgAAXGJA.jpg

Co1vDrQWcAAxL3e.jpg

Co1vDulXgAAAsnv.jpg

Most likely not ever going to buy a wwe game ever again all because of my issues I have with 2k16 on PS3 since that was my first wwe game I ever played since back when I used to play the svr series a lot where the last time I played was 2011 before THQ decided to stop release it on psp anymore. 2k16 has some of the worst glitches that pops up frequently to me. 2K made their games so badly that I doubt 2k17 for the ps3 will improve especially new caw options that other games on ps3 that are at ton bettre than their games. Such a shame but yet again I prefer SVR games and older than their newer games anyway.

Will skip this one.

I have a feeling I know what you guys are going to say, but is this genuine? Is this what the main menu is going to look like in WWE 2K17? Or is this just what a fan hopes it's going to look like?

http://images.christianpost.com/full/93686/wwe-2k17.jpg

Knowing 2K, I bet this will be the same main menu that'll likely to be on there as the main menu for next gen.

Edited by Superstarmaste1r

I have a feeling I know what you guys are going to say, but is this genuine? Is this what the main menu is going to look like in WWE 2K17? Or is this just what a fan hopes it's going to look like?

http://images.christianpost.com/full/93686/wwe-2k17.jpg

Yeah, that's fake. The HHH image is a dead giveaway of Photoshop. There's also zero chance GM mode makes a return this year, we'll have to wait until 2K18 (assuming WWE doesn't abandon the draft split by then).

Yeah, that's fake. The HHH image is a dead giveaway of Photoshop. There's also zero chance GM mode makes a return this year, we'll have to wait until 2K18 (assuming WWE doesn't abandon the draft split by then).

There was a part of me that knew this would be fake, but then there was another part of me that was hoping it was genuine! It would have been great to have GM mode back in there.

Week 2 of the roster reveal (from a couple days ago, I'm a little late). 22 more superstars and 6 more screenshots.

Roster:

Alicia Fox

Andre The Giant

Baron Corbin

Big E

Billy Gunn

Braun Strowman

Bret Hart

British Bulldog

Cesaro

Charlotte

Daniel Bryan