Save file corruption

timey77

Hi folks,

just a lil heads-up, there currently is an issue regarding the save files. This might result in your save file getting corrupted/lost upon trying to quit back to the main menu, basically ruining hours of fun in what could generaly be described as a great game. While it doesn't affect everyone on PS4, it seems to be a cross-platform issues as there are people complaining about this on Steam as well. I have already tried contacting the developers via Twitter and I believe they are aware of the issue. Let's just hope they'll come up with a solution soon.

A little update on the issue:

It is actually possible to enjoy and finish the game as it is right now without too much trouble. The developers have fixed an issue where your save file gets automatically deleted upon failing to quit to the main menu, thereby deleting your progress. Should you try to quit and receive a message saying "Error Code:7" only to find yourself back at the title screen with the option of starting a new run, simply close the game and start it again. You should now have the option to continue your playthrough.

That being said, have fun with it, such a great game :)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I've played the game back in 2017 with no issues (maybe because I played it in one go). Today I came back to it and wanted to quit it using the pause menu. When I pressed the option "back to the title screen" it told me that the save data was lost and I only had two options: 1. create a new game or 2. leave. I panicked and decided to close the application, pressing the XMB/PS button. I booted the game back up and was able to continue from the last auto save checkpoint that was created a couple of minutes ago. So, yeah, it really is a shame that this is still not fixed in 2020, but just in case anyone needs to read this: Do NOT create a new save file, but instead RESTART the game and you will be fine!

Edited by bubblebubble11

Yep, I also didn't get any issues back when playing it in 2017 since I played a playthrough in one sitting, and never quit back to main menu or closed the game. Every playthrough was a three-hour journey, so it wasn't too much.

And one more thing, I chose to create a new save file after each playthrough when the game asked me whether to retain the save file or create a new one.

• 11 months later...

Really love this game but I feel like I'm getting the short end of the stick when it comes to corrupted save data. Has corrupted 3 times but only has happened on new game+, wonder if the bug is tied to that.

EDIT: After my fifth corrupted save, I figured out that it seemed to be correlating to how fast I was moving the dialogue along. Everytime I would advance the story too fast without letting the characters really speak, let alone let them finish their sentences, my game would corrupt mid loading screen. I always let everyone finish what they had to say and moved on and had little to no problems. Think that might be a bug. Hopefully it helps others.

Edited by remainpositive
Figured out bug

• 3 months later...

Huh. It just happened to me in my 2nd playthrough. I couldn't leave the screen to any other place so I tried to leave to menu and error 7 showed up. 2 hours wasted, great fun.

Edit: Well the good news is, even with the error and forcing me to a new game, I just quit the game before a new autosave and after open the game again I could continue my save, thank God.

Edit2: It seems you already had said this, but I was so pissed to lose my save I couldn't read all posts properly.

Edited by CobraMJD
Update