Mirror's Edge v. Catalyst

Ugggghhhh!!!! Math. X3 

I have no idea, honestly. No Earthly ideas.

Haha xD. What did math do to u? Lol I'm curious.

Anyways if you're planning to go for it, just message me and I'll help. If you don't want to and just be like screw this I want to play and enjoy the game, it's also up to you :P.

So my friend who hated Catalyst retried today and loved it. X3

The same Leo dude? Glad that more people are liking the game since it went *poof* under the radar after release. Seriously EA there was hardly any marketing and they expected it to sell well. Though I'm glad they released a report saying the sales were pretty good and they said they were happy to have a unique IP under their belt. Here's some hope for a future Mirror's Edge! :D

Edited by poopooblast

Yeah.  I didn't think it was AS BAD as some critics said. They also said the story was too predictable, but i was genuinely surprised at everything. 

Yeah I think IGN gave it like, a 6.8 or something. I mean I know they have to provide an unbiased view of the game but I still think 6.8 is too low. 

• Like 1

Yeah I think IGN gave it like, a 6.8 or something. I mean I know they have to provide an unbiased view of the game but I still think 6.8 is too low.

Pfft ign are the same people who gave alien isolation a 5.9 while cod which gets released annually always gets 85+ or even 90.... Now that's some serious bull %$$.

Yeah, Catalyst didn't do TOO well commericially and witj critics, but the general game population loved it. Yeah, I saw PNE trailer actually on TV and YouTube, and that's it. But I heard a while baxk EA actually nought an ME3 URL. Sorry for thw typos. I'm on the tablet part of my computer. But, without spoilers, tjey certainly elft Catalyst open for more games.

I would!!! :D I hope it's like the 2d cutscenes from the first ones!! ^.^ Just me? Okay....

Haha maybe who knows. Though it probably won't be until 2 years or so to showcase and who knows what could happen by then. I did like the 2d cutscenes but tbh Id prefer a more cinematic badass parkour action. Then again it could just be me :P

Just bought this game at Walmart for $40! Can't wait to try it out!

Welcome to the Mirror's Edge club( I'm pretending there's one). Even though I havent played Catalyst, I can assure you it's going to be awesome! Played the heck and still playing the original despite 100%ing it, and having beat the story 7 to 8 times, with multiple speed runs. Enjoy!!

I'm also jealous xD

Welcome to the Mirror's Edge club( I'm pretending there's one). Even though I havent played Catalyst, I can assure you it's going to be awesome! Played the heck and still playing the original despite 100%ing it, and having beat the story 7 to 8 times, with multiple speed runs. Enjoy!!

I'm also jealous xD

Thanks man! 

• Like 1

You're very welcome!! :D Call me L.G.

BTW if you respond to people, you should quote them, to get them receive a notification, otherwise they wouldn't knowknow you responded. Only reason I know you responded here is because I check from time to time or I could follow this thread.

You'll receive notifications if anybody comments here since you created this thread. Just a heads up :)

I have just finished playing Mirror's Edge Catalyst for about an hour and I only have one word; Astonishing! The game so far has been everything I wanted it to be and more. So glad I decided to pick this game up.

Nice! Glad to hear. How do do you feel it compares to the original if you've already played it. Don't have Catalyst but will definitely buy it once I get a ps4. I know a lot of people were disappointed but a lot didn't specify exactly or were just nitpicking.

Nice! Glad to hear. How do do you feel it compares to the original if you've already played it. Don't have Catalyst but will definitely buy it once I get a ps4. I know a lot of people were disappointed but a lot didn't specify exactly or were just nitpicking.

Well I've only played about an hour of it so the only things I can comment on is the combat and the general movement, which I can say both DEFINITELY improved. I don't want to give away to much to you but the combat is easier to understand and to improve upon. If you get hit, it was because you were not prepared for the fight and/or you messed up somewhere. In the original Mirror's Edge the combat was very basic and some moments it didn't feel like you were doing anything wrong but still ended up losing/dying. As for the movement in Catalyst, It's a lot more fluid and I find it's a lot easier to maintain high speed. I also find the game to be a lot more responsive to what you want to do. So anything from springboards to wall runs are easier to perform. In the first Mirror's Edge, the movement was pretty good but for me it had it's moments where I wanted to do a particular action but Faith just wouldn't do it and it was more challenging to maintain a high speed.

These are just things that I noticed pretty early in the game. There is probably more things I can mention and explain but they are either obvious (like the better graphics) or I can't fully give my opinion on just yet (like the story line)

So in general, Mirror's Edge Catalyst shares many similarities with it's predecessor but fine tunes them to near perfection, giving Mirror's Edge fans the ultimate experience. 

• Like 1

Well I've only played about an hour of it so the only things I can comment on is the combat and the general movement, which I can say both DEFINITELY improved. I don't want to give away to much to you but the combat is easier to understand and to improve upon. If you get hit, it was because you were not prepared for the fight and/or you messed up somewhere. In the original Mirror's Edge the combat was very basic and some moments it didn't feel like you were doing anything wrong but still ended up losing/dying. As for the movement in Catalyst, It's a lot more fluid and I find it's a lot easier to maintain high speed. I also find the game to be a lot more responsive to what you want to do. So anything from springboards to wall runs are easier to perform. In the first Mirror's Edge, the movement was pretty good but for me it had it's moments where I wanted to do a particular action but Faith just wouldn't do it and it was more challenging to maintain a high speed.

These are just things that I noticed pretty early in the game. There is probably more things I can mention and explain but they are either obvious (like the better graphics) or I can't fully give my opinion on just yet (like the story line)

So in general, Mirror's Edge Catalyst shares many similarities with it's predecessor but fine tunes them to near perfection, giving Mirror's Edge fans the ultimate experience.

Nice analysis man and thx for not spoiling anything!

Also is it true that catalyst feels like more arcadey than the first, and that you can almost build momentum immediately?

Nice analysis man and thx for not spoiling anything!

Also is it true that catalyst feels like more arcadey than the first, and that you can almost build momentum immediately?

Thanks! I don't usually share my opinions on things because I feel like other people explain things a lot better than I do. But thanks for giving me props nonetheless.

As for your question on if it feels arcadey; I don't feel that way but then again everyone is different. As for the momentum building; yeah it's pretty quick. I would say slightly faster when compared to the first Mirror's Edge.