Financial Year Backlog Challenge Thing

Alright, I think everyone's updated. I suppose I don't have to shut the page down, I just meant more that I'm incredibly unreliable on this thing as it is and don't really wanna leave people waiting and waiting and waiting for an update. Plus I was gonna restart this year and not buy a thing (other than Spider-Man PS4, because you can dangle bloody Crash in front of me and I'll manage, but not Spidey) at all and just go do that. Anyway, yeah. 

I'll send out the codes shortly then, merry new yearsmas!

On 12/18/2016 at 0:43 AM, brian_budokai said:

unfortunately my main account evil_joker88 was deleted 

Well, a new account needs some new games, anything you fancy from this small pile?

Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix

Final Fight Double Impact

Lost Planet 3

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix

Okami HD

Remember Me

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Well, a new account needs some new games, anything you fancy from this small pile?

Lost Planet 3

Okami HD

Remember Me

Damn, missed out on the good ones :facepalm: cheers for running the event!

Games 25 & 26 completed: Color Guardians & Skyrim SE.

Wow what a great idea is this! I understand that I can still join? I mean, I have so many games laying around, and little money. Thing is I was already thinking of buying less games and play more games that I already own, and this seems like the right motivation to do so. Are there any other people who are up to this challenge in 2017? Or at least the first 6 months. 

To put a long story short: I barely finish games. This was the main reason I made a new account, to finally work on that backlog and get some platinums. I mean, I had to start over again anyways. 

Backlog (in no particular order): 

Spoiler
  • Dragon Age: Inquisition (+ all DLC's)
  • The Witcher III (+ all DLC's)
  • The Walking Dead: S1
  • The Walking Dead: S2
  • Tales from the Borderlands
  • Game of Thrones
  • The Wolf Among Us
  • DOOM
  • The Last of Us (+ Left Behind)
  • Uncharted 1
  • Uncharted 2
  • Uncharted 3
  • Uncharted 4
  • MGS: V
  • The Evil Within
  • Shadow of Mordor
  • Alien: Isolation
  • Bioshock 1
  • Bioshock 2
  • Bioshock: Infinite
  • Fallout 4
  • Skyrim
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider

The 3 games I'm buying

Spoiler
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn
  • Mass Effect: Andromeda
  • Red Dead Redemption 2

25 minutes ago, N7Oblivion said:

To put a long story short: I barely finish games. This was the main reason I made a new account, to finally work on that backlog and get some platinums. I mean, I had to start over again anyways. 

If you read from page 27 onward, this thread may or may not just have ended, so it's a pretty surprising coincidence that anybody decides to join just after that message has been posted. :P

I guess you'd have to wait and see in case @Super-Fly Spider-Guy reconsiders and keeps the event running. I mean the news brought a lot of activity and even a new participant, so maybe that's the little push the thread needed.

10 hours ago, xFalionx said:

If you read from page 27 onward, this thread may or may not just have ended, so it's a pretty surprising coincidence that anybody decides to join just after that message has been posted. :P

I guess you'd have to wait and see in case @Super-Fly Spider-Guy reconsiders and keeps the event running. I mean the news brought a lot of activity and even a new participant, so maybe that's the little push the thread needed.

I know the 'contest' has kinda ended, but I'm not doing it for the prize. I read the topic starter said he was going to "restart this year". I might've read his message wrong though, sorry English isn't my main language. I just thought the financial year backlog in general is a great idea which I was going to try out for this year. With or without this topic still being alive. 

But yeah, I hope there are still more people who participate and the topic started will keep this thread alive :) 

On 1-1-2017 at 1:30 AM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Alright, I think everyone's updated. I suppose I don't have to shut the page down, I just meant more that I'm incredibly unreliable on this thing as it is and don't really wanna leave people waiting and waiting and waiting for an update. Plus I was gonna restart this year and not buy a thing (other than Spider-Man PS4, because you can dangle bloody Crash in front of me and I'll manage, but not Spidey) at all and just go do that. Anyway, yeah. 

I'll send out the codes shortly then, merry new yearsmas!

Lost Planet 3

Okami HD

Remember Me

If you'd start a new event for 2017 then perhaps closing this is good - the KYC event has people still playing games they started during the event months later so it's good for a thread like that to stay open but an event like this is really done when it's over, especially if a new event has been created.

Personally I have enjoyed having an extra reason to buy fewer games, and I'll try to keep going on. My backlog is staying at about the same size which is a big accomplishment for me, especially since the biggest increase is happening because all of those PS+ games I'm putting on there.

I've already thanked you in our PM conversation but thanks once again for Õkami. I've been eyeing that title ever since it was originally released but somehow never got around to actually buying it. I'm going to play it soon, I think I'll use it for the next KYC event (in March) so I can actually write a lot about it.

12 hours ago, MattyH16 said:

Damn, missed out on the good ones :facepalm: cheers for running the event!

Might I recommend Super Street Fighter II Turbo? I know it does not have trophies but personally I think that that was the best fighting game ever, it's the only one I played a lot (and across plenty of different platforms - SNES, GBA, X360, and on an actual arcade machine even!)

On 1.1.2017 at 1:30 AM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

No, thx. It's just that my acc evil_joker was deleted from this forum, not from psn. So i didn't loose any games nor trophy profile... i just can't see my trophy log here on psnp :S

And i have 0 interest in the games you mentioned, i bought and sold them all a while ago :lol:

Don't know who it was anymore but some people were interested in doing the Black Flag grind along with me so I'm just posting this in several events I've participated in: I am ready to start grinding for the Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag multiplayer now on PS4, who wants to join?

Edited by BillyHorrible
PS4