Financial Year Backlog Challenge Thing

Hm. This, actually, is a great idea. For me, personally, it's more of the problem to keep the amount of unplayed games from growing, rather than money spent, because I keep getting new games for my newest consoles while the old ones stand in the corner untouched for months. And since my combined backlog for PS3\Vita has reached a whooping 150 titles, my poor PS1, PS2, PSP, Cube and Wii will stay untouched even longer... and each one of them has their own gigantic backlogs. And since the JRPGs are the prevalent genre across all backlogs... yep, I'm doomed.

And I feel really, really guilty about it. So very guilty.

Good luck on your challenge.

Edited by NetEntity

I had a good ol' chuckle at that (possible) typo in the first paragraph and Candy cock saga :lol:

Now OT: This sounds like a very good plan and I can definitely relate to your plight . I purchased some games years back and haven't gotten to them yet. Ni No Kuni and Splinter Cell Blacklist comes to mind immediately. I shall make up a list and see where it gets me

• Like 1

Doctor spidey, that's a good therapy for all those lost souls which cannot stop buying games in general, but more important that cannot resist a great deal.

Because even when those are your exceptions for purchase a game, let's be real, -unless you're a purist that only play one genre- it's very hard to not find a good deal every month. And little by little your backlog will continue growing.

Still thinking about what to buy from the E3 sale :/

All our prayers go with you.

Thankfully I have a child, so I mean, that takes up a lot of my time anyways. Anywhore, here's the challenge

I surely hope your kid doesn't read this post as you have "whore" in your words and we adults know what a whore is. :devil:

Regardless, I don't think I can do this challenge as I plan to buy a new 2DS soon and get Pokemon Moon and Kingdom Hearts 2.8, but I wish you good luck.

A really tough challenge i jump in :D

Good to see that ps+ games doesn't count for this buy very little new games xD

I think i'll buy 3 games for sure in this year even if i stick to my PS3 :facepalm:  :D

Let's see how long it takes xD

Backlog

Grand Theft Auto 5 (in progress)

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams

Malicious

Crysis 3

Bleach: Soul Resurrección

Games played

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Run Sackboy! Run!

Pick-Ups

Crysis 3 - Lost Island (DLC)

Dante's Inferno - Dark Forest (DLC)

Dante's Inferno - Trials of St. Lucia (DLC)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Legend of Dead Kel (DLC)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Theeth of Naros (DLC)

Games you bought because you're a bitch and couldn't hold out

None yet... lucky me :D

Edit: I added recently DLC purchases which i consider half a game purchase each :facepalm::D

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 1

I'll jump in and take this challenge up with you to. My backlog has been getting ridiculously huge over the past year or 2, and combined with the need to save my money to help me get through the rest of my university program, this should really help me in the long run.

Games played (% completed before July 1st, % currently completed, date game was started, (additional information)). 

Games played at beginning of event (In no particular order):

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: 94% base, 78% overall. 94% base, 78% overall. January 6th, 2012.

• Dawnguard: 62%. 62%. February 27th, 2013.
  • Hearthfire: 100%. 100%. February 20th, 2013. (Finished already but listing here to show I have all the DLC)
  • Dragonborn: 0%. 0%. February 17th, 2013. (Bought on this date, is installed but haven't started working on it yet)

Hyperdimension Neptunia: 32%. 32%. March 14th, 2016.

Tales of Graces f: 11%. 11%. ~October 5th, 2015.

Tales of Xillia 2: 24%. 24%. ~October 24th, 2014. (Unsure of exact start, was likely closer to November as I wanted to complete Xillia 1's story first)

Metal Gear Solid 2: 77%. 77%. September 13th, 2014.

Metal Gear Solid 3: 15%. 15%. November 8th, 2015.

Dragon Age II: 39%. 39%. October 18th, 2013.

Heavy Rain: 42%. 42%. October 3rd, 2014.

Beyond: Two Souls: 36%. 36%. September 5th, 2014.

Dynasty Warriors 7: 34%. 34%. November 21st, 2015.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd: 29%. 29%. September 13th, 2015.

Mass Effect 2: 89% base, 85% overall. 89% base, 85% overall. September 14th, 2014

• Zaeed: The Price of Revenge: 100%. 100%. September 14th, 2014. (Finished Already, listed here to show I have all the DLC)
  • Arrival: 0%. 0%. March 19th, 2016 (Bought on this date, is installed but haven't started yet)

Ratchet Deadlocked: 3%. 3%. May 29th, 2016.

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault: 15%. 15%. May 28th, 2016.

Jak 3: 58%. 58%. February 2nd, 2013.

Sonic Adventure: 43% base, 30% overall. 43% base, 30% overall. July 22nd, 2015

• Sonic Adventure DX: 0%. 0%. July 22nd, 2015.

Final Fantasy X HD: 9%. 9%. July 24th, 2015.

Valkyria Chronicles Remastered 0%. 0%. May 17th, 2016.

Gone Home: 23%. 23%. June 27th, 2016.

Rock Band 4: 8%. 8%. June 29th, 2016.

Senran Kagura Estival Versus: 20%. 20%. March 19th, 2016.

Uncharted 2: 26%. 26%. September 8th, 2012.

Uncharted 1 Remastered: 9%. 9%. December 26th, 2015.

Command & Conquer Red Alert 3: 88%. 88%. May 5th, 2009.

Driveclub: 66% base, 29% overall. 66% base, 29% overall. January 15th, 2016.

• so many... may make new spoiler just for these (Basically have all the DLC but only started a few, will list out at another time)

Pick-ups

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X (PS4)

Tales of Berseria

Darkest Dungeon (PS4)

Games bought because I'm a bitch and couldn't hold out

None, Yet...

I'll keep my 3rd nomination spot open in case I get really interested in another game but this should be good challenge (especially with how many games I buy on Flash Sales and in other random sales.

Update: Just remembered that Darkest Dungeon will be coming out sometime soon, so my 3 reserved slots are now filled.

Update 2: My list is finally done and ready for the challenge to officially begin :)

Edited by ratchet2425

Wow, I'm scrolling through the forums and what do I find?

An average year in my life challenge! :D

Since I have a yearly income of 0 units of any currency in the multiverse (give or take 50 cents) this challenge is gonna be surprisingly easy for me.

I mean I am gonna get some gifted games for sure but the only game I would get myself this year is Pokemon Moon.

Most of my time is probably gonna be spent on anime and Osu! instead of my backlog, though. But I do have a few games that I either still need to finish or want to platinum in the near future.

And I don't even have to care about the android clause since I don't own any android devices.

But yeah, it's gonna be one heck of a normal year for me. :)

Games played:

PC:

Block N Load [F2P|Steam] (27/64 - 42%) 101 hours ; now: 101 hours | 01/07/16

PS3:

[planned] Rune Factory Oceans (17%)

PSVita:

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment (72%) 134 hours ; now: 134 hours | 01/07/16

[planned] Persona 4 Golden (18%)

Pick-Ups:

Pokemon Moon

My little sins:

Nothing yet

(Legend: Game name (Achievement/Trophy progress X/Y Z%) playtime at the start of the event A hours ; playtime now B hours | first time played in the event DD/MM/JJ

Edit:

-Updated game lists (I'm gonna do this pretty frequently (whenever I start a game or once every 1-3 days) so check back here from time to time Spider-Guy)

I'm not listing all of my games since I want this list to be diary style. I've pretty much started all of my owned games except for Jak 2 and 3, and Terraria. Might have overlooked one or two of my unstarted games, though...

And I can happily state that the only DLC I own are the free DLC from SAO: HF. :D

Changelog:

01/07/16

• Changed layout of "Games played"
  • added SAO: HF, P4G, RFO and Block N Load
Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 1

Actually regarding the played games section:
I think I'm probably gonna do it like this:

[Game name] [progress% / story done / platinum trophy]

And I'm probably gonna make separate sections for PC and consoles, because otherwise it'd be pretty easy to get lost in a years worth of games.

I might even include a little personal rating of the games to make it more interesting. :)

But I'm not the biggest fan of the time idea so I'll most likely be leaving that out of my posts.

Well, maybe I'll make an exception for steam games since they basically time themselves.

Edit: Now that I think about it: would you call getting the new WoW expansion buying a game?

I think that's some grey territory. I'm gonna leave it off my list for now since I'm still not 100% sure if I should get it.

Edited by xFalionx

Backlog:

Assassin's Creed Revelations

God of War II

Time Crisis 4 Arcade Version

Dark Void

Need for Speed:  Hot Pursuit

Bioshock Infinite

Rocket League

Razing Storm

Deadstorm Pirates

Destiny:  Rise of Iron (already purchased available 9/20/16)

Planned Expenditures:

Need for Speed:  Hot Pursuit (DLC)

Rocket League (DLC)

Watch Dogs 2

Destiny 2/any Destiny expansion/DLC

Guilty Pleasures:

None :awesome:

I think I'd like to try this. It will help me get through all these PS+ games, and save some money in the long run. ^_^

Games Played

Grim Fandango - platinum'd!

Gravity Rush - in progress

Planned pick-ups

Abzu

No Man's Sky

Missions Failed

None... yet.

Quickdrawjoe mentioned something important i think... i just bought DLCs for Crysis 3, Kingdoms of Amalur and Dante's Inferno... but should i consider these as bought any game? I guess so, because albeit they're cheap i spent some money on these games... and this challenge shall prevent me from buying too much/ unnecessary things, right? :huh::D

I'm going to start adding in games to my Games Played section over the next week or so, and since this challenge is about clearing out backlogs I plan on adding everything in my collection (including purchased games that I haven't downloaded/started yet) that I haven't completed which I plan to complete at some point. As to the question of does DLC count, I would think that smaller DLCs like skins or maps wouldn't count as they're not "new games", but expansions and biggers DLCs that have trophies associated with them might have to go on a case-by-case basis, although I'm good with whatever interpretation you guys feel is appropriate.

Actually regarding the played games section:

I think I'm probably gonna do it like this:

[Game name] [progress% / story done / platinum trophy]

And I'm probably gonna make separate sections for PC and consoles, because otherwise it'd be pretty easy to get lost in a years worth of games.

I might even include a little personal rating of the games to make it more interesting. :)

But I'm not the biggest fan of the time idea so I'll most likely be leaving that out of my posts.

Well, maybe I'll make an exception for steam games since they basically time themselves.

Edit: Now that I think about it: would you call getting the new WoW expansion buying a game?

I think that's some grey territory. I'm gonna leave it off my list for now since I'm still not 100% sure if I should get it.

Quickdrawjoe mentioned something important i think... i just bought DLCs for Crysis 3, Kingdoms of Amalur and Dante's Inferno... but should i consider these as bought any game? I guess so, because albeit they're cheap i spent some money on these games... and this challenge shall prevent me from buying too much/ unnecessary things, right? :huh::D

I'm going to start adding in games to my Games Played section over the next week or so, and since this challenge is about clearing out backlogs I plan on adding everything in my collection (including purchased games that I haven't downloaded/started yet) that I haven't completed which I plan to complete at some point. As to the question of does DLC count, I would think that smaller DLCs like skins or maps wouldn't count as they're not "new games", but expansions and biggers DLCs that have trophies associated with them might have to go on a case-by-case basis, although I'm good with whatever interpretation you guys feel is appropriate.

At the end of the day, it's your list, so it's up to you, if you were to include DLCs and the sort, I'd at least put in brackets that it is DLC, but to me, and I stress me personally and not this challenge thing, I'd consider independent releases, like the GTA IV episodes, the inFamous Festival of Blood and First Light DLCs, & Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, that function without the main game, to be their own game, but again, just do whatever you think is right.

In terms of DLC purchased though, that's a tough one, I'm going to put forth that we count DLC purchases as half a game, mostly so as to cover Quikdrawjoe who has 4 purchases listed. Edit: I forgot to add that I'd like you guys' opinion on this, we'll figure it out however you find to be fair.

Backlog:

Assassin's Creed Revelations

God of War II

Time Crisis 4 Arcade Version

Dark Void

Need for Speed:  Hot Pursuit

Bioshock Infinite

Rocket League

Razing Storm

Deadstorm Pirates

Destiny:  Rise of Iron (already purchased available 9/20/16)

Planned Expenditures:

Need for Speed:  Hot Pursuit (DLC)

Rocket League (DLC)

Watch Dogs 2

Destiny 2/any Destiny expansion/DLC

Guilty Pleasures:

None :awesome:

Love the enthusiasm with the backlog list, and if you're 100% you'll play all of them I'll leave it as is, but the idea was to write down what you played as you go, kind of like a diary, but fun. If I told you the length in kilometres of the list of my backlog, that's one thing, but saying I'll get through them all in a year? I just won't, and I'll wind up probably playing a third of them if I'm lucky. The point is, if you're sure you'll play all of these, like 169% sure, I'll keep it, but it's meant to be added to, because realistically we're not gonna finish up our entire backlog, that's all :)

Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy
  • Like 2

At the end of the day, it's your list, so it's up to you, if you were to include DLCs and the sort, I'd at least put in brackets that it is DLC, but to me, and I stress me personally and not this challenge thing, I'd consider independent releases, like the GTA IV episodes, the inFamous Festival of Blood and First Light DLCs, & Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, that function without the main game, to be their own game, but again, just do whatever you think is right.

In terms of DLC purchased though, that's a tough one, I'm going to put forth that we count DLC purchases as half a game, mostly so as to cover Quikdrawjoe who has 4 purchases listed. Edit: I forgot to add that I'd like you guys' opinion on this, we'll figure it out however you find to be fair.

Love the enthusiasm with the backlog list, and if you're 100% you'll play all of them I'll leave it as is, but the idea was to write down what you played as you go, kind of like a diary, but fun. If I told you the length in kilometres of the list of my backlog, that's one thing, but saying I'll get through them all in a year? I just won't, and I'll wind up probably playing a third of them if I'm lucky. The point is, if you're sure you'll play all of these, like 169% sure, I'll keep it, but it's meant to be added to, because realistically we're not gonna finish up our entire backlog, that's all :)

Well if we agree on these terms regarding DLC then i think Crysis 3 and Kingdoms of Amalur should be considered 1 purchase each because the DLCs have the size of something like "Freedom Cry" or "Left Behind"... Great... that means that i may buy one smaller DLC in the upcoming year :blink::facepalm::D

And the names i listed are mostly games i plan to complete within until End of August as part of the Summer Backlog Challenge, so i'm dead confident i will play these :D  ... but more gonna be added in the next months... cuz i have hundreds of games lying around -_- ... i bet you know what i mean xD

Yup, I pretty much want to finish my backlog and just play Destiny with what time I have.  I mostly included Watch Dogs 2 because I might buy it but it's unlikely.  DLC is for the 100% completion goal and as I said I plan on playing only Destiny I'll continue buying expansions/DLC as they are released.  With only 9 games on my entire backlog that gives me around 40 days to play each game and I've already got a head start on Bioshock Infinite (started the Clash in the Clouds DLC).

Good luck with this man, i won't take part in this because i just got a ps4, so i want to buy a couple of games in the future, especially ones that come out this financial year. 

But it wouldn't be bad for me and my wallet that's for sure