PS4 AC4 Black Flag Sprint glitch

Hey what's up guys, someone know how to fix sprint issue on PS4 when playing on campaign?

I used many controller its not hardware issue, but i don't found any solution about this.

Sorry about my english, im not true american lol.

Edited by FlaviusCanedo

Solved i try a new controller its work, so strage i have other 2 controllers and not sprint

I had the same issue. It is your R2 button that is messed up. It affected racing games I played too. Had to buy a new controller.

Yeah I had to press the R2 button all the way down to sprint, also make sure you completely push the left stick.

Another thing you can do it map R2 to R1 and R1 to R2. That is what I had to do for some games before I bought a new controller.

• 4 years later...
On 2016-06-24 at 1:53 PM, FlaviusCanedo said:

Hey what's up guys, someone know how to fix sprint issue on PS4 when playing on campaign?

I used many controller its not hardware issue, but i don't found any solution about this.

Sorry about my english, im not true american lol.

The problem is the sensitivity for the R2 button. I had this problem with Rogue as well as Liberation so I can confirm. Pressing R2 down extremely hard makes them run as fast as they can, I shouldn't have to cause physical pain to do this. The problem is particularly annoying when a mission requires you to chase target.

Controller swap did not fix it. This is a developer problem and they designed this poorly.

Edited by DARKB1KE
  • Like 1

R2 BUTTON SOLUTION

I started playing the game today and I also had the R2 button issue since years ago when I played the first AC game on PS4. However there is a permanent fix to this. Follow steps:

• Take apart controller along with the R2 button
  • Roll up a tiny piece of tissue and tape it right in the centre of the hinge of the R2 button which presses down on the rubber
  • Test it before reassembling the controller
  • If it doesn't work, try a thicker piece and should work
  • Reassemble controller

At first it'll feel slightly weird to use because it's being cushioned however it'll start to feel normal within a matter of minutes

19 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

The problem is the sensitivity for the R2 button. I had this problem with Rogue as well as Liberation so I can confirm. Pressing R2 down extremely hard makes them run as fast as they can, I shouldn't have to cause physical pain to do this. The problem is particularly annoying when a mission requires you to chase target.

Controller swap did not fix it. This is a developer problem and they designed this poorly.

For most people, a controller swap can fix this because in nearly every single game out there, the R2 button is used and will be used heavily especially in shooters like Call of Duty for example which starts wearing it down and so the sensitivity decreases. I have three controllers. Two of my controllers are official original DS4 controllers which both have been heavily used and both had the same effect whereas the Scuf I own was only used for competitive play and when I swapped to that, it worked perfectly fine so I must disagree with your statement saying it's a developers problem

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-06-28 at 2:10 PM, ShahinMiah said:

R2 BUTTON SOLUTION

I started playing the game today and I also had the R2 button issue since years ago when I played the first AC game on PS4. However there is a permanent fix to this. Follow steps:

• Take apart controller along with the R2 button
  • Roll up a tiny piece of tissue and tape it right in the centre of the hinge of the R2 button which presses down on the rubber
  • Test it before reassembling the controller
  • If it doesn't work, try a thicker piece and should work
  • Reassemble controller

At first it'll feel slightly weird to use because it's being cushioned however it'll start to feel normal within a matter of minutes

For most people, a controller swap can fix this because in nearly every single game out there, the R2 button is used and will be used heavily especially in shooters like Call of Duty for example which starts wearing it down and so the sensitivity decreases. I have three controllers. Two of my controllers are official original DS4 controllers which both have been heavily used and both had the same effect whereas the Scuf I own was only used for competitive play and when I swapped to that, it worked perfectly fine so I must disagree with your statement saying it's a developers problem

I used multiple controllers and 3rd party controllers with better designed R2 buttons. It's the games problem they designed it for sensitivity pressure.