Star Ocean 5: English Trophy List

It's a pretty fun game. I looked at your profile and saw that you like JRPGs but have never played a Tales of or Star Ocean game.  They are closer to action rpgs than true rpgs. Star Ocean 5 barely breaks immersion when it initiates a battle. The only major issue I have is the lack of cutscenes. There are some, but most of them are just the group standing around talking. Not really "cutscenes" in the traditional sense. I would recommend watching some gameplay. Some pluses are the quest system (I'm a sucker for odd jobs and bounties) the graphics are pretty. I like Fidel, combat is fun. But, I'm only 8 or so hours in, I don't know if this is going to get stale yet.

I'm 30+ hours in and the combat hasn't gotten stale yet plus there are a lot of things to do in this game, I really don't agree about the lack of cutscenes as it's fine since it isn't needed and games really don't need to be flooded with cutscenes which ruin immersion when a game has too many.  With the way it handles conversations a cutscene just wouldn't work to show off the beautiful graphics the game has to offer and it would just ruin the immersion it has.

I have however gotten more game overs than I care to admit due to difficulty spikes like having to protect a party member which is where I've mostly gotten game overs from.

This is a 15 minute video I recorded:

note I am 16 hours into the game when I recorded this video.

This is a gameplay review from PlayStation Underground from before the game released:

they keep saying they're 10 hours into the story when they're actually 18 hours into the story, funny thing is I happened to end up at that exact spot in the story with the exact hours as seen in the video.

I don't understand why ya'll are upset the trophies are temporarily in Japanese.  Sly will get to it eventually.  It's not like he's leaving it this way on purpose.

I know.

---

So far I am not disappointed in my purchase of the collector's edition.

Edited by Shaun

So, maybe this tuesday when the store updates we'll get the correct trophy list?

Not sure, the trophy list is in English when viewed under Trophies, only in the recent activity section do they appear in Japanese (which is weird enough as it is), I've never experienced this type of situation before.

I actually haven't played or turned on my PS4 for two days now, I got into watching some anime.

Sounds like this is probably a screw up on Sony or SE's part. Even when their servers are pinged the Japanese titles are still coming back. Hopefully they're aware of the situation.

It looks like the problem has been solved and the trophy list has been updated.