Heartless Hunters: Let's Finish Kingdom Hearts (The Series)

I got the trophy for levelling Sora to 99. Next is Riku's story. Going to do it on Beginner cause I'm unfamiliar with his playstyle, plus the Random Joker will be most likely to drop on this difficulty. Only need another 3 or 4 cards with Sora for Card Master too, but I need to beat Riku's story before I can unlock them.

I was watching a speed run of re:CoM Reverse/Rebirth on Beginner mode and the runner got Random Joker on his first battle. :D

But difficulty isn't a factor - on my first run(Standard Sora), I got six Random Joker during the run.

Edited by DetectiveCJ

I was watching a speed run of re:CoM Reverse/Rebirth on Beginner mode and the runner got Random Joker on his first battle. :D

But difficulty isn't a factor - on my first run(Standard Sora), I got six Random Joker during the run.

Ah really? Just I read in a guide that it can be the hardest card to get for Riku. You might get one early on, or you might not get one til you're grinding to level 99. I also read somewhere that difficulty was a factor, which is why I mentioned it, but it seems I was wrong lol.

I just finished Agrabah last night. If you're going there with Riku, remember to find and defeat a Barrel Spider for Character Professor Riku 

Busy grinding up Monstro in Mirage Arena to get Ventus and Aqua to Terra's level - Terra has all of the Journal complete except for the last two Arena Missions and the remaining character files - all he has to do is defeat all of the Secret Bosses in and out of the Arena. Ventus is at Level 18 in the Arena and Aqua is way behind the others. Time to grind more arena levels. *sigh*

Busy grinding up Monstro in Mirage Arena to get Ventus and Aqua to Terra's level - Terra has all of the Journal complete except for the last two Arena Missions and the remaining character files - all he has to do is defeat all of the Secret Bosses in and out of the Arena. Ventus is at Level 18 in the Arena and Aqua is way behind the others. Time to grind more arena levels. *sigh*

When I was grinding Arena levels, I used Risky Riches + 4 Mega Flares. Takes 40-50 seconds, you get 70 medals, so thats more than 700 medals every 10 minutes!

I finished Riku's story in Chain of Memories, and completed his D-Report, and with his clear file, I was able to go back to Sora's file, and get the last remaining cards for Card Master, which completed his Journal. Now to get Riku to level 99. He is level 45 (I think) so I'm nearly halfway there already!

Still open for contestants? 

Sure. It's not a contest. I'm just encouraging people to get the platinums for the game.

Progress Report: Ventus now has all the medal collection arena missions done, need to do that for Aqua. Got all of the Ice Cream Beat songs at the required scores and Frozen Fantasy for Aqua, so I'm through with Ice Cream beat forever! (Except fo the easy required Small World song I'll have to do for Ventus's story in Critical Mode)

• Like 1

Progress Report: Ventus now has all the medal collection arena missions done, need to do that for Aqua. Got all of the Ice Cream Beat songs at the required scores and Frozen Fantasy for Aqua, so I'm through with Ice Cream beat forever! (Except fo the easy required Small World song I'll have to do for Ventus's story in Critical Mode)

Well done! I remember that Hand in Hand on Master Mode took me a couple of days to get fantastic rating

I wasn't going for Fantastic - you only need Cool for the reports. I already got the Maestro trophy with Ventus.

EDIT: Finally working on getting Level 99 with everyone. Terra's at Level 99, working on Ven now. I'm maxing their levels for safety since I got cremated at Level 60 with Terra by Vanitas Remnant. I heard there was a secret spot you could hide behind and spam Strike Raids to cheese him but I can't seem to  find it. Hoo boy!

Edited by DetectiveCJ

Progress Report: Oh gawd, the pain... :holy:

But at least Ventus is now at max level. Now all I have is AQUA... :facepalm: 

But it's a necessary sacrifice. It'll make the remaining challenges half as painful. I promised myself I'd platinum this game before August 31, and by gum, I'll get the Reports filled so I can get to those Critical mode runs!

(For some reason, Collector did not pop even though all three characters get all of the stickers in their stories. [They all have the Rhythm Mixer command style to prove it.] I guess you have to get all the stickers, finish a story and repeat for the others.)

Nice idea, I'd like to join this one.

What I have so far:

- All my trophy hunting playthroughs are on the highest difficulty (including optional bosses etc., due to the time I spent on these games on PS2/PSP, I started on Critical/Proud right away).

- 98% in Kingdom Hearts - only need the dreadful gumi ship missions for the plat.

- 79% in Kindom Hearts II - need some Organization XIII replica battles, one treasure chest (the one after beating all replicas), all gumi ship missions and a few minigames that I don't want to do.

- 87% in Birth by Sleep - have to defeat No Heart, do the Unversed battle missions, complete the reports for all characters and learn all of Ven's Finish Comands.

- 0% in Chain of Memories. Haven't even started.

Edited by viech54

Nice idea, I'd like to join this one.

What I have so far:

Welcome to the thread, I added you. :)

- All my trophy hunting playthroughs are on the highest difficulty (including optional bosses etc., due to the time I spent on these games on PS2/PSP, I started on Critical/Proud right away).

Do note that you WILL need to complete Beginner and Standard on re:Chain of Memories) as the difficulty trophies do not stack. (An oversight by the creators. :angry: )

- 98% in Kingdom Hearts - only need the dreadful gummi ship missions for the plat.

I understand your pain. On my first account I have 99% on the game because Gummi Ship Collector was my last necessary trophy. I will try to put a link to a Youtube video detailing how to best handle those monstrosities.

- 79% in Kindom Hearts II - need some Organization XIII replica battles, one treasure chest (the one after beating all replicas), all gummi ship missions and a few minigames that I don't want to do.

I applaud you on fighting Lingering Will on Critical. I could never do that - even the Data Org battles on Beginner are brutal, still haven't beaten Data Axel yet as the flame floor saps your health and he's crazy fast. For the Gummi Ship Missions, there is another video I'll try to find a link to.

- 87% in Birth by Sleep - have to defeat No Heart, do the Unversed battle missions, complete the reports for all characters and learn all of Ven's Finish Commands.

You beat Mysterious Figure for all three characters? Wow, that's amazing! :blink:

I did have a personal triumph - I beat Villain's Vendetta with Aqua who was only at Level 66. That Cartwheel is a life-saver! Sadly, Aqua's still badly neglected - I need to get all the commands for Aqua and Ventus(I have all of them for Terra) and get their arena ranks to Level 29. Terra got all the Unversed Missions but the others are lagging - I just finished the one in Radiant Garden for Aqua.

- 0% in Chain of Memories. Haven't even started.

Good luck on going through three Sora stories and three Riku stories! The 100-Acre Wood minigames are also awful. It's good you left this for last, as it requires a lot of knowledge about how to use the card system. :rolleyes:

Welcome to the thread, I added you. :)

Thanks for adding me :).

Do note that you WILL need to complete Beginner and Standard on re:Chain of Memories) as the difficulty trophies do not stack. (An oversight by the creators. :angry: )

I'll keep that in mind. Had to do the same for the first game, it was okay.

I understand your pain. On my first account I have 99% on the game because Gummi Ship Collector was my last necessary trophy. I will try to put a link to a Youtube video detailing how to best handle those monstrosities.

That'd be a great help, it'd also be good to have a detailed explanation on the recommended gummi ships.

I applaud you on fighting Lingering Will on Critical. I could never do that - even the Data Org battles on Beginner are brutal, still haven't beaten Data Axel yet as the flame floor saps your health and he's crazy fast. For the Gummi Ship Missions, there is another video I'll try to find a link to.

There's an easy way to mess up the Lingering Will real good on any difficulty. I didn't know that when I fought him and had to do it the hard way. Here's a video by TheGamersJoint: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iX4qtTbN2o

Axel is particularly brutal and also somewhat flawed, I had to fight him several times because he didn't die with a combo finisher even though he had minimal health left. Then he killed me.

You beat Mysterious Figure for all three characters? Wow, that's amazing! :blink:

I did have a personal triumph - I beat Villain's Vendetta with Aqua who was only at Level 66. That Cartwheel is a life-saver! Sadly, Aqua's still badly neglected - I need to get all the commands for Aqua and Ventus(I have all of them for Terra) and get their arena ranks to Level 29. Terra got all the Unversed Missions but the others are lagging - I just finished the one in Radiant Garden for Aqua.

No, not yet, only with Aqua so far, I have to do that for Ven and Terra to complete their reports. Then you're on a higher level than I am with all of my characters. I don't remember my exact level, but it's probably around 50 or a bit below. Yeah, Cartwheel is easily the best way to dodge attacks among all three characters. Ven's dodge is alright, but Terra's is terrible for fighting the optional bosses. Congrats on beating Villain's Vendetta.

Aqua was always my main character due to Cartwheel and Seeker Mine (that's a major train wreck for Vanitas Remnant, one or two Seeker Mine commands and a lot of potions will usually do the trick).

Good luck on going through three Sora stories and three Riku stories! The 100-Acre Wood minigames are also awful. It's good you left this for last, as it requires a lot of knowledge about how to use the card system. :rolleyes:

Thanks. *sighs* Minigames in the series are almost always annoying with the ice cream minigame and the gummi ship stuff being the most annoying that I can think of right now.

Edited by viech54

There's an easy way to mess up the Lingering Will real good on any difficulty. I didn't know that when I fought him and had to do it the hard way. Here's a video by TheGamersJoint:

Axel is particularly brutal and also somewhat flawed, I had to fight him several times because he didn't die with a combo finisher even though he had minimal health left. Then he killed me.

So you watched Cynical's stuff too, huh? I'm a big fan of his news videos. :)

I saw that video and will try that method once I get my Beginner run finished - haven't fought Final Xemnas yet.

Progress: My first platinum is in sight. Yeah, pretty lame that I don't have any KH platinums yet! xD Birth by Sleep is near the home stretch - got to Rank 28 in the Mirage Arena with all three characters, picked a fight with Armor of Eraqus... and he obliterated me three time to Sunday. :facepalm: Man.

For Ventus, I still have to complete Copycat Crisis in Mirage Arena and grind up more medals to get the rest of the Commands for the collection. For Aqua, she's missing a lot of commands so that means fusion time! Terra's 100% in commands and only has the two secret bosses in the Mirage Arena.

I'll be taking a bit of a hiatus, though, to work on my remaining Summer Backlog games. If anyone who's on the participants list wishes to post, do so! I love reading your posts!

So you watched Cynical's stuff too, huh? I'm a big fan of his news videos. :)

Progress: My first platinum is in sight. Yeah, pretty lame that I don't have any KH platinums yet! xD Birth by Sleep is near the home stretch - got to Rank 28 in the Mirage Arena with all three characters, picked a fight with Armor of Eraqus... and he obliterated me three time to Sunday. :facepalm: Man.

I used to watch his videos, yeah. Then I lost interest in Kingdom Hearts (not that I started disliking the games, but other games had my attention for quite some time) and ended my subscription for his channel. Now that KH II.8 is right around the corner (with about 3.5 months to go and all the things I want to do, time will fly and it'll feel like nothing. I still want one level up on PSN this year, but only with games I like rather than just playing some fast games I don't like at all. That'll be fun.), I subscribed to his channel again to keep up with news about the series.

I used Shotlocks against Armor of Eraqus, just pick what you like best and blast the armor into oblivion. You may need to get close to attack him a few times or get hit to recharge your Shotlock bar. Other than that, keep in mind that, like with all optional bosses, dodging frequently is important. If you're still struggling by the time I get back to the games (probably in September, August is Dark Souls II, I am Setsuna and probably Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force time), I'm going to fight him again and tell you my strategy/setup - still need to do that with Terra and Ventus...I think.

Edited by viech54

Now that I finished the summer backlog challenge it's time to come back to the Kingdom Hearts games. Here's the plan...

August:4S8b86ba.png5Sd8a883.png6S9c1280.png1) Finish BBS story.

September:1S6fc0c8.png2) Platinum Kingdom Hearts 

October:1S62be61.png3) Platinum Birth by Sleep

November:1S294080.png4) Platinum re: Chain of Memories

Greetings and Salutations! (PSN ID: Murder_of_Birds)

I've been an avid Kingdom Hearts fan since the PS2 days, so my interest was immediately piqued when I saw the title of this thread on the front page of the site. I think it's an awesome idea to help encourage and motivate Kingdom Hearts fans, as well as trophy-goers, to go above and beyond the games they play and strive for those platinum trophies! I'm not sure if I'll be able to join this event, and earn that new shiny plaque, as I've earned all 4 platinum trophies for 1.5 & 2.5 as of last year, but I look forward to earning future platinums with 2.8 this December & KH3 afterwards. Whatever the case, I would LOVE to share my experience of the trials and challenges of 1.5 & 2.5 and offer any advise for those who're traveling down the same path!

14064245_1717790165137983_96717802538672

KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX (My First Platinum Trophy EVER)
When I heard Kingdom Hearts was coming to PS3, I made it a personal goal to finally buy a PS3 (I was on 360 at the time) and make KHFM my first platinum on the PSN. I basically done everything on the original game on the PS2, but with trophies on the PSN, a Platinum is a statement, and I wanted everyone to know just how much I loved Kingdom Hearts! It took roughly 83 hours to earn the platinum, across all three playthrough, and I finished up the game with 100% completion on Proud Mode. And the best part was, it didn't feel like a chore at all. I mean, the three playthroughs were a bit tedious, and Gummi Missions weren't exactly exciting or easy to deal with, but all throughout the grinding and farming, I was so excited to be working towards something I loved. It's definitely one of my most proudest trophies to date!

13939512_1717790281804638_85353978323961  (100% completion on Proud Mode!)

14067431_1717790378471295_67985080954716

KINGDOM HEARTS RE: CHAIN OF MEMORIES
(In my opinion, the most tedious platinum of the bunch)

Contrary to popular opinion, I really enjoyed the gameplay of Chain of Memories, preferably the GBA version. What I will say, and this could be a turn off to some trophy-goers....This game's trophies are mind-numbingly tedious. It took me almost 2 years to platinum this game, after my initial Sora & Riku playthrough, just because I knew it wasn't going to be a pleasant experience like KHFM. The BIGGEST hurdle for this game's platinum is a combination of the RNG system of collecting all cards for Sora, and the 6 total playthroughs needed for each difficulty for Sora & Riku.

PRO-TIPS: I CANNOT stress enough how important it is to do your research before you start this game. Make sure you watch 358/2 Days, and earn all 6 trophies, before starting this game or you'll screw yourself out of the Card Collection trophy which ties into this game. The Barrel Spider card drop was the bane of my existence for Sora's playthrough, and they only spawn in certain worlds. (I reached Level 100 before I got it). Make sure you use cards like Teeming Darkness, Almighty Darkness & Looming Darkness to increase your drop rate by 2.5%, and if you don't feel like stocking up, just abuse the save and soft reset method until you get the cards you want. I HIGHLY recommend watching Everglow's trophy guide videos for more in-depth help on this game's trophies.

Overall, I enjoyed this game far more when I wasn't focusing on trophies, but my inner completionist & Kingdom Hearts adoration wouldn't let this platinum slip through my grasp. I reached 100% completion, for Sora & Riku on Proud Mode, and it took me a little over 95 hours to FINALLY get it!

SORA'S PLAYTHROUGH
14040133_1717790405137959_17567228343452

RIKU'S PLAYTHROUGH
14064079_1717790408471292_38925780746472

KINGDOM HEARTS 2 FINAL MIX (My Favorite Video Game of All-Time)

Words simply cannot express how I felt the first time I played Kingdom Hearts 2 back in 2006. I remember my friend letting me borrow the game the week it came out, since I couldn't get it right away, and I playing it non-stop, for 2 days, until I beat it. The second best thing was that I got to FINALLY experience the Final Mix version of my favorite game ever, and what a challenge that was. I can't say enough good things about this game. But biases aside, KH2FM sets the standard for the series in terms of overall gameplay & balance, as well as challenge to the player. I've never been more frustrated, yet determined than when I was getting my ass kicked by the Data Organization members, or during the 8 hours it took me to defeat the Lingering Will. And aside from the Secret Bosses, the Final Mix exclusives (Sticker pictures, Limit Form, extra cut-scenes, Chamber of Remembrance, etc) made this one of the most compelling and satisfying experiences of the Kingdom Hearts series for me.

This is, without a doubt, the PROUDEST Platinum I've earned. It took me over 100 hours to attain, and I loved every minute of it. (Here's to hoping KH3 replaces my all-time favorite game)

14054925_1717790441804622_36028710686822

KINGDOM HEARTS: BIRTH BY SLEEP FINAL MIX (I'm SO happy for 2.8's continuation story!!!)

From a story-telling standpoint, I think BBS is my favorite game in the series. The introduction of three new Keyblade wielders, their unique gameplay & experiences, bonds as friends, and their tragic fate all made for one of the most emotionally heart-wrenching stories in the series (next to Xion for me). That's why from everything that's happened lately in the series, the announcement of KH 2.8 left so much joy inside of my, to finally see what await our long dormant heroes, and how they'll be an impact in KH3.

Unfortunately, when it comes to the nitty-gritty of gameplay and trophy hunting, BBS suffers tremendously on it's lack of balancing gameplay & overwhelming rehash of minigames. Now I'll be one to admit, I look for a challenge when I play the Kingdom Hearts: hardest difficulties, secret bosses, farming for synth items, etc. But when it came to BBS, at least post-story, I found it as more of a chore than an exciting and worthwhile accomplishment. The fact that Thunder-based abilities can carry you through the game made it feel cheap and lazy to make my way through the ranks of battles. Leveling up took FOREVER, compared to the other games, unless you manipulated the Radient Garden exploit. Hit detection & staggering are almost non existent, even despite Terra being the "heavy hitter" of the bunch. Secret Bosses are flat out BROKEN! Ala Mysterious Figure?!?!? Aqua & Ven shouldn't have infinite, invincibility on their dodge rolls. And if it wasn't for audio podcasts, I would have blown my brains out by the amount of minigames this game forces you to play. Mirage Arena, Command Boards, Disney Races, Ice Cream stacking, Fruit Ball volleyball. TOO MANY MINIGAMES!!! And ALL of this needs to be multiplied by three, for each character you need to do it with for the Platinum.

I know that all made me sound like I think this game is the worst thing in the world. It isn't. But if you plan on going for the platinum trophy, then it most likely will be. (Especially if you did all of these requirements on Critical Mode like my stupid ass did). I wouldn't wish this platinum on my worst enemy, but if you manage to brave through the fires of KHBBSFM, you'll be made into the strongest of Men/Women.

This game took me ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN HOURS TO PLATINUM. I earned 100% completion for Terra, Ventus & Aqua individually, on Critical Mode (167 hours)

PS: The Final Episode & Secret Episode were one of the coolest moments of the game, for me! (Castle Oblivion reveal, Realm of Darkness, BBS Volume 2 teaser, etc)

TERRA'S PLAYTHROUGH

13932846_1717790491804617_25320018127957

VENTUS' PLAYTHROUGH

13925271_1717790505137949_14873495414930

AQUA'S PLAYTHROUGH

13938441_1717790448471288_76328136165299

FINAL EPISODE PLAYTHROUGH

14034786_1717790468471286_82928153142668

SECRET EPISODE PLAYTHROUGH

13939451_1717790475137952_14799194816428

And to wrap it all up, here's my full summary of my Trinity Archives for Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Final Mix.

14039953_1717790435137956_52610251303712

13939502_1717790398471293_64173999454841

I hope you guys enjoyed my experiences and thoughts on Kingdom Hearts and I wish you all the very best in your Platinum endeavors! Feel free to add me on PSN if you ever want to discuss Kingdom Hearts and I can't wait for 2.8 and KH3 in the future!

Take Care

• Like 2

Greetings and Salutations! (PSN ID: Murder_of_Birds)

I've been an avid Kingdom Hearts fan since the PS2 days, so my interest was immediately piqued when I saw the title of this thread on the front page of the site. I think it's an awesome idea to help encourage and motivate Kingdom Hearts fans, as well as trophy-goers, to go above and beyond the games they play and strive for those platinum trophies! I'm not sure if I'll be able to join this event, and earn that new shiny plaque, as I've earned all 4 platinum trophies for 1.5 & 2.5 as of last year, but I look forward to earning future platinums with 2.8 this December & KH3 afterwards. Whatever the case, I would LOVE to share my experience of the trials and challenges of 1.5 & 2.5 and offer any advise for those who're traveling down the same path!

[rest of post snipped for brevity]

Wow, nice post! Welcome to the thread, Murder! (I find that username freaking hilarious, something that a cat would call himself. xD)

It's nice that you shared your experiences, it'll be a great boon to this thread! I admit that I am a bit lackadaisical with KH recently(due to Pokemon Omega Ruby) but I think what you posted inspired a lot of people reading this who haven't tried the games to check them out. KH was the franchise that got me to enjoy classic Disney again - even though I don't like some of the animated movies, I've seen stuff like Cinderella and Snow White as a kid and this franchise brings the characters to the modern age. Who here who played Birth by Sleep and saw those classic movie characters wasn't hit with a bit of nostalgia. (Snow White is the perfect housewife!)

Again, I welcome you to the thread, Murder_of_Birds. And don't worry about participating in the current event - you'll get a plaque when 2.8 comes out and you platinum that game. :D I'm looking forward to 2.8, as I enjoyed Dream Drop Distance on the 3DS.

Mirage Arena, Command Boards, Disney Races, Ice Cream stacking, Fruit Ball volleyball. TOO MANY MINIGAMES!!! And ALL of this needs to be multiplied by three

Mirage Arena was fine, I enjoyed it.

Command Boards were a bit boring and the fact that you need to play them to get a D-Link stank my garlic. And you have to play the boards outside of the Arena to get the D-Link, I learned that the hard way as well as the fact that Captain Justice/Dark squares exist in the Mirage Arena command boards. :angry:

Rumble Racing is stupid as hell. I understand that a lot of people s**t their shorts about coded/re:coded because it had weird variants of gameplay like platformers and rail shooting, but only Mario Karters and other such afficiandos will enjoy Rumble Racing and go for the Victory Line Keyblade. (This is, sadly, the only Keyblade I'll never get in my life.)

I feel your pain - Ice Cream Revolution is the worst mini-game ever and I am so glad I am done with it for the rest of my life; got the trophy for Mastering Master Mode on all songs and got all Dessert Paradise Masteries for Frozen Fantasy on all three characters.

Fruitball wasn't too bad if you spammed the jump shot, but Captain Justice/Dark for Terra and Ven were horrible, he cheats.

And what's worse, they're going to probably have an arena and tons of mini-games for KH3 as well.

Edited by DetectiveCJ

Just stumbled upon this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjJ4mYCUEJ4

TheGamersJoint/Cynical talks about a glitch that gives the player the crown for the Organization XIII data battles without actually fighting them. Supposedly, this can be done in KH2 FM. This may be helpfull for those who are having trouble defeating these guys. I didn't try it and most likely never will (I'm going to do it the hard way), so I have no idea if this gives you the trophy for the data battles and access to the the final treasure chest, but it's worth a shot.

Edited by viech54

Just stumbled upon this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjJ4mYCUEJ4

TheGamersJoint/Cynical talks about a glitch that gives the player the crown for the Organization XIII data battles without actually fighting them. Supposedly, this can be done in KH2 FM. This may be helpfull for those who are having trouble defeating these guys. I didn't try it and most likely never will (I'm going to do it the hard way), so I have no idea if this gives you the trophy for the data battles and access to the the final treasure chest, but it's worth a shot.

I've seen the videos, but I haven't tested it either. I might farm a ton of Drive Recovery and try it without saving to see if it works because if the fights are considered finished, then you'd still have to fight certain Data Org members to get the Character Links for those guys, right?

When I start going back to KH2FM in November to finish my runs, I might check out whether I have 100% character data. I haven't fought Final Xemnas yet.

For now, I plan on getting 100% Commands for Ventus and Aqua, who desperately are missing stuff. That means some Command Boards. :(

I just finished both beginner playthroughs with 100% for KH1 and KH2.Now all i have to play is normal & proud for KH1 and Critical for KH2.I still can't understand why KH1's plat is considered harder than KH2's.And i'm not talking about the rarity but for the voting.I've never played Kingdom Hearts in other platforms.The Data fights,Lingering Will,the stupid Mushroom VIII.Honestly,what is harder in KH1 than these?

Just beat Proud Mode with Riku in Chain of Memories, and I had gotten to level 99 with him yesterday too! Starting Proud Mode with Sora now, and once I finish that I will get to work on the last two Standard playthroughs for the Platinum!

Way to go! I'm glad to see you're working hard on re:CoM. :yay:

I just finished both beginner playthroughs with 100% for KH1 and KH2.Now all i have to play is normal & proud for KH1 and Critical for KH2.I still can't understand why KH1's plat is considered harder than KH2's.And i'm not talking about the rarity but for the voting.I've never played Kingdom Hearts in other platforms.The Data fights,Lingering Will,the stupid Mushroom VIII.Honestly,what is harder in KH1 than these?

I think people are just more nostalgic for KH2 than KH1, but I agree that of all the trophies, only the Gummi Missions are easier in KH2 than KH1. Everything else is simple once you get through it. (Says the guy who is stalling for time to avoid trying to fight Dark Sora in Neverland in KH1 on Proud Mode.)

I agree that the Data Fights are brutal - you have to chop away 16 life bars of health while dodging their attacks. Also, Lingering Will is probably the strongest enemy in the game but if you use Negative Combo and Fenrir together, you can hit him with Finishers over and over again and stunlock him, or so I was told on Youtube. The worst are probably the Mushroom XIII(not VIII as you accidentally put) - some of the duels are really nasty if you aren't prepared. There are Youtube video guides for dealing with these situations and I'll try to update the guide part of the pilot post when I can find the videos. ;)

Progress Update: I'll just quote from my recent update in the Summer Backlog challenge... :ninja:

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep: Final Mix (84%)

Trophies Earned: 10S35f077.png8S36fbb6.png16S215e83.png9Scfd77d.png

I DID IT! I FINALLY GOT ONE OF THE JOURNALS TO 100%!!! :D

I have gotten all of the command collections for all three characters completed after some lucky RNG in the Royal Board for Aqua and Ventus, getting the Focus Barrier/Block to complete their collections.

I tried fighting No Heart with Aqua, got nowhere, then tried Ventus, who was at max level. After three defeats, Ven was able to pull in the win; No Heart didn't do his cheap@$$ explosion attack that drains you to 1 HP and nukes your Command Gauges on the last attempt. Then, after dying to Vanitas Remnant, I tried the same tactics used on regular Vanitas with Aqua - tons of Mine Squares. He dashed right into them while I was spamming my 76 Mega-Potions and died.

Then was the dreaded crux of all evil, Young Xeha--- I mean, the Unknown Figure. I died once, but then on my second attempt...

I killed him without knowing it! Ven won after a few minutes of me mashing the Triangle button! :jaymon:

Got my Adventurer Ventus trophy and now I'm done playing Beginner Mode Ventus. I'll replace that file with my Critical Mode Ventus once I get the other Journals complete so I can just overwrite all three files and prep for Critical Competitor.

Sorry this was long, but I am just relieved! I think BBSFM can be platinumed now! :yay:

Edited by DetectiveCJ
  • Like 1

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep: Final Mix (84%)

Trophies Earned: 10S35f077.png8S36fbb6.png16S215e83.png9Scfd77d.png

I DID IT! I FINALLY GOT ONE OF THE JOURNALS TO 100%!!! :D

I have gotten all of the command collections for all three characters completed after some lucky RNG in the Royal Board for Aqua and Ventus, getting the Focus Barrier/Block to complete their collections.

I tried fighting No Heart with Aqua, got nowhere, then tried Ventus, who was at max level. After three defeats, Ven was able to pull in the win; No Heart didn't do his cheap@$$ explosion attack that drains you to 1 HP and nukes your Command Gauges on the last attempt. Then, after dying to Vanitas Remnant, I tried the same tactics used on regular Vanitas with Aqua - tons of Mine Squares. He dashed right into them while I was spamming my 76 Mega-Potions and died.

Then was the dreaded crux of all evil, Young Xeha--- I mean, the Unknown Figure. I died once, but then on my second attempt...

I killed him without knowing it! Ven won after a few minutes of me mashing the Triangle button! :jaymon:

Got my Adventurer Ventus trophy and now I'm done playing Beginner Mode Ventus. I'll replace that file with my Critical Mode Ventus once I get the other Journals complete so I can just overwrite all three files and prep for Critical Competitor.

Sorry this was long, but I am just relieved! I think BBSFM can be platinumed now! :yay:

I take my eyes off of this topic for a second and you go ahead and make more progress in BbS than I did... Just kidding, congrats to beating the super bosses of BbS. :)

Anyway, with the plat in Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force out of the way, it's finally time for me to join for real.

Here's the plan:

I have to get as many plats as possible until October 28th, 2016, as that's when The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim comes out on PS4 and I'll most likely put pretty much everything on hold to play that until I get my hands on KH II.8. My goal is to get the plats for KH, KH II, and BbS (as I've already started these games and made significant progress), as well as beat Re:CoM at least once and maybe get the plat if I feel like it/my free time allows it. I still have about two weeks off of work, maybe I can finish two or even three KHs until mid September. If nothing else gets in the way, that is... We'll see.

But before that, my sister has to return my copy of KH 2.5 to me, I gave it to her a few months ago.

I think I'm going to start with the first Kingdom Hearts tomorrow or on Saturday. If things go well, I'm going to wrap this up right away and complete all gummi shit ship missions in one go.

Edited by viech54

I tried fighting No Heart with Aqua, got nowhere, then tried Ventus, who was at max level. After three defeats, Ven was able to pull in the win; No Heart didn't do his cheap@$$ explosion attack that drains you to 1 HP and nukes your Command Gauges on the last attempt.

I couldn't let that slide xD. The first thing I did in Birth by Sleep after a year and four months break from this game was fight No Heart with a Lv. 48 Aqua on Critical.

Well, what  can I say...? No Heart isn't overly difficult, he kicked the bucket on my second try. The fight lasted 6 minutes and 56 seconds.

It wasn't hard, Aqua's dodge is just too strong for No Heart. She can dodge all of his attacks just fine (yes, even the explosion, I did that a few times). He hit me once with his explosion, but it wasn't worth mentioning, I just dodged all of his attacks until my Command Gauges were back to normal.

I had 4 x Curaga and 4 x Thunder Surge in the following order: Thunder Surge -> Curaga -> Thunder Surge -> Curaga -> Thunder Surge -> Curaga -> Thunder Surge -> Curaga

Keyblade: Void Gear (obtained by beating Vanitas Remnant, but you can use whatever you want, it doesn't really matter)

Abilities: All

That works well against the Mysterious Figure, too.

The first phase is pretty much button mashing, I saw no need to dodge any attacks in that phase and just used regular attacks and healed whenever Aqua's HP were at 1. The second phase against No Heart himself wasn't that different, just a bit more dodging, Thunder Surge instead of regular attacks and healing whenever I'd have died with the next hit.

There's one downside to this, though. My PS3 controller broke yesterday after more than six years of more or less constant usage while doing some gummi shit missions (reminded me why I don't have the platinum yet, I don't like them one bit) in the first Kingdom Hearts. No, it didn't fall victim to my rage, I never destroyed a controller. The directional buttons and the analog stick just stopped working properly. Now I have a new one, that should live long enough to complete all PS3 games I want.

Edited by viech54