Resident Evil 4 August 30th

Funny how RE7 looks like it will be the first one set in what is actually a residence. If the demo is anything to go off of. 

Anyway, I might even play RE4 as I've heard nothing but good things. Have only played RE5 and the RE7 demo so far, and I can't say I was impressed with RE5

Nice for the fans. What I don't get though: why do they release RE6 on PS4 first, then RE5 and then RE4? :P

I believe is a way to generate "hype", they are releasing them from worst to best (according to reviews and fan reception for each game), and RE4 is the most beloved among players. If they released 4, 5 and 6 in that order then players would like lost the interest on getting 6. I don't know how to explain it but its something like that xD

• Like 1

Funny how RE7 looks like it will be the first one set in what is actually a residence. If the demo is anything to go off of. 

Actually RE1/REmake (a masterpiece of the survival horror genre before the franchise went for the action route with RE4 and so on), RE0, Code Veronica, etc took place on mansions and similar scenarios, and I believe each game had at least 1 house/mansion/residence/room location at some point.

Edited by Finozzi1696
  • Like 2

Anyway, I might even play RE4 as I've heard nothing but good things. Have only played RE5 and the RE7 demo so far, and I can't say I was impressed with RE5

The first game was called Resident Evil because it was set in a mansion (and they needed another name because the original Japanese title Biohazard was already taken in America)

Also, inb4 the usual "ugh remasters are shit gief nu gamez plx lolol" morons

Edited by MeteorHawk

Wasn't the first game set in a mansion?

Wasn't the mansion a cover for a lab? Does a cover-mansion count as a residence? 

Actually RE1/REmake (a masterpiece of the survival horror genre before the franchise went for the action route with RE4 and so on), RE0, Code Veronica, etc took place on mansions and similar scenarios, and I believe each game had at least 1 house/mansion/residence/room location at some point.

RE0 - Wasn't that the same mansion, i.e. a front for the lab? Did anyone actually reside there?

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. It doesn't really need to make sense, I suppose; because videogames. ;)

Wasn't the mansion a cover for a lab? Does a cover-mansion count as a residence? 

RE0 - Wasn't that the same mansion, i.e. a front for the lab? Did anyone actually reside there?

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. It doesn't really need to make sense, I suppose; because videogames. ;)

From what I remember people lived there, the scientists that were working on those labs. The mansion on RE0 is a different one. I think you should play them first to understand those things better.

Edited by Finozzi1696
  • Like 1

Wasn't trying to be overly serious. Sorry I said that the mansion in RE1 or RE0 might not be counted as a residence. I won't do it again. 

Note: I was going to put a little gif of someone being spanked here, but Googling "spanking gif" gave me some very appealing, but very NSFW results, and I don't want a warning... 

Isn't it why the series is called "Resident" Evil  xD  xD  xD  xD  xD

Isn't it why the series is called "Resident" Evil  xD  xD  xD  xD  xD

Yes I know that but mostly the old ones (that is what I was trying to explain to him), all the other ones after 4 don't take place on mansions or residences, they only have 1 or 2 sections were you are on a similar location but they mostly take place outside.

Edited by Finozzi1696