Local Multi-player

Sir_Bee

I have seen some people talking about this game, and after reading a review I decided it looks worth interesting and worth investigation. My question here is how does the local multi-player work? Is it a good game to play with a friend, or is it really designed to be played on your own and the multi-player just feels added on?

• Like 1

I'll be honest I haven't tried the local multi-player on this yet bee however I will be trying it tonight as I got my other half sufficiently interested in the game that she want to have a go with me. Once we've had a go I'll report back and let you know how it goes B)

Thanks :). I wish you luck. This is basically the reason I am asking as well, for my better half.

To anyone who reads this asking what I asked, I tried the multiplayer and came to a conclusion. The game is much better played single player. It becomes significantly more difficult to survive for extended periods of time when you have to share food and mates. That isn't to say it doesn't work. If you have a good partner and are up for a challenge, give it a try. If you are trying to play with someone who isn't very good at video games, it may be more frustration than its worth.

To anyone who reads this asking what I asked, I tried the multiplayer and came to a conclusion. The game is much better played single player. It becomes significantly more difficult to survive for extended periods of time when you have to share food and mates. That isn't to say it doesn't work. If you have a good partner and are up for a challenge, give it a try. If you are trying to play with someone who isn't very good at video games, it may be more frustration than its worth.

We tried to get into the multiplayer a few times over the weekend and couldn't agree more with you it really doesn't work for me, you need to micromanage a bit too much and the wife after initially enjoying it was getting pretty frustrated with the game, which is a shame beacuse in single player this game is awesome :yay:

We tried to get into the multiplayer a few times over the weekend and couldn't agree more with you it really doesn't work for me, you need to micromanage a bit too much and the wife after initially enjoying it was getting pretty frustrated with the game, which is a shame because* (sorry, habit) in single player this game is awesome :yay:

I still play the game with my girlfriend, we just take turns playing the single player game. I think that multiplayer could be much better if both players could mate in one nest. Food isn't so difficult to share, but I find that we don't have enough time to mate twice in a single lifespan, and we start losing abilities and end up dying before it works.

• 8 years later...

I only played it with my son, at first we were both grazers and then I told him one of us should be a predator and the other a grazer so we aren't needing the same type of food.  We played for about 20 minutes and then he got bored so don't have a lot of data to look back on.

I would say that playing with a second player gives you extra lives as a whole yet I'm not sure if any of the trophies work in Multiplayer mode.

Probably the most dificult part is that both of you will need to mate every 10 to 14 years, ad you can't share a nest of course; which makes doing challenges very hard because you are spending so much time on mating that you aren't getting your challenges done.  In genreal it's pretty pointless, aside from "for fun", or collecting SP you would be better off playing Single Mode.

• Like 1