Resident Evil 6 reviews coming In... and it's not looking so good.

Gotakibono

Part of me wants to buy this right now. And the other half wants to wait for the Goty/Gold/whatever it is version, if there is one, and a price drop on that before getting it.

I loved RE5 also

Each campaign is the length of RE5, and there's four campaigns. It's very worth the money to buy now in my opinion.

RE5 was a bit longer if I remember correctly, but each campaign is a solid 6-8 hours (don't know about the 4th unlockable bonus campaign yet, but it appears to be roughly the same length). That's a LOT of content for a game like this. If you liked RE5, I don't see why you shouldn't love this one. To me it was definitely worth the money.

Btw. I played through the whole thing co-op with my friend, so I don't really know what the single player experience is like. Looking at how the game is structured it really is meant to be played mainly co-op and it's really a blast. I've played through RE5 multiple times on my own and I don't remember it being so much fun.

Edited by CloudyMemory2

RE5 was a bit longer if I remember correctly, but each campaign is a solid 6-8 hours (don't know about the 4th unlockable bonus campaign yet, but it appears to be roughly the same length). That's a LOT of content for a game like this. If you liked RE5, I don't see why you shouldn't love this one. To me it was definitely worth the money.

Btw. I played through the whole thing co-op with my friend, so I don't really know what the single player experience is like. Looking at how the game is structured it really is meant to be played mainly co-op and it's really a blast. I've played through RE5 multiple times on my own and I don't remember it being so much fun.

I played through two campaigns solo and it still is pretty fun. Capcom made the AI's a lot better. I think the only thing wrong with your partner is that they still don't revive you fast enough, but I think that's all I had trouble with.

• Like 1

Playing solo doesn't seem to have any large hinderance to the gameplay. From what I've seen, it kind of makes the game easier, because the AI seems very capable at their part of any of the missions. I know when I played as Piers and Chris had to protect me a few times I never got hit once when the AI was guarding me (Normal difficulty). Could have been luck, who knows.

A Friend and I were talking about Resident evil 6 before it was coming out and we both hated the fact that they added all these things to the game which was not needed in our opinion and both thought we were gonna get it. Then I was like, you know what, I'm still going to get re6, it's STILL resident evil and I really wanna know what happens. Man I played Re6 NON STOP and Platinumed it in about 8 days! I LOVE RE6 an glad I bought. I totally agree that the old resident evils r better and really make u feel the survival horror experience, but that doesn't mean u shouldn't buy re6 because of what re has become like we almost did. So in my opinion, Re6 is awesome to me period.

• 2 months later...

Even though I loved the Resident Evil games, this one was not my favorite. Compare to RE4 and RE5, both were better than this one. It's still a very good game to enjoy, but what killed it for me was having to play all 3 scenarios to get the whole story. I would have prefered that they keep the weapons upgrade instead of the skills.

Best campaing in my opinion: Leon's. Good idea to bring back the zombies and to make them tougher and smarter.

• 2 months later...

I bought Anthology for 90$.
I don't regret it. I got 5 games (and all the dlc for RE5) plus RE6.

Compared to the older ones RE6 is more action packed and the story feels a bit rushed. But it is leagues better than RE5.
Active AI and most importantly it's also smart and Invulnerable!
Plus the tank controls where thrown out the window. If RE7 keeps the movement style and AI of RE6 and flesh out the story better in 7. RE7 will probably be the best one in the series.