The meaninglessness of an additionally " ´s "

Good Day

Is there a Way to get rid of that additionally  “ ´s “ at the End of my Name here on PSNProfile?

“I00_Brave_Wolves PSNPofile” would look and sound a lot better, than “I00_Brave_Wolves´s PSNProfile”.

I guess that mostly everyone which Names end with an “ s “ would be happy with it to be removed.

If there´s no Option for it, then I would like this Topic to be a Suggestion for it.

Yours sincerely

I00_Brave_Wolves´s (still with a ´s :0) )

maybe have an option under the "edit profile" section. like a box to check for remove "s". You would need the " ' " for grammar purposes

could maybe even take it a step further and allow that phrase " so and so's profile" to be customized if you wanted. maybe like a selection of things like "trophy collection"  "game progress", etc. I would think that having a completely open option for typing anything people wanted would get out of hand but i don't know. Maybe have people submit phrases they would like there to a mod for approval. and only premiums can change it?

• Like 1

Thinking about this some more, couldn't it just be coded so that there is a check for the last character of the PSN ID and it will then add " 's " to each one unless it sees an " s " as the last character. In which case just   the ' is added. I can't think of a case where an ID would end in " s " where this would not be correct.

It'd be more simple and all encompassing  than the check box solution I suggested and it would work for everyone even if they don't figure out how to change it.

Edited by MrUnknown625
  • Like 1

I believe using the correct grammar would make it “I00_Brave_Wolves' PSNProfile”. So you would lose just the "s" but not the '

l00_Brave_Wolves is a singular user though. Single items get an 's. It is confusing, but correct.

So "l00_Brave_Wolves's Profile" is correct because it is the profile belonging to the singular user. If there was more than one l00_Brave_Wolves, then it would just be "l00_Brave_Wolves' Profiles"

Here is a better example of what I am saying. We wouldn't say "Jess' box," as that implies more than one Jess owning the same box. We'd say "Jess's box," which refers to only one Jess.

Edited by ShogunCroCop
  • Like 1

l00_Brave_Wolves is a singular user though. Single items get an 's. It is confusing, but correct.

So "l00_Brave_Wolves's Profile" is correct because it is the profile belonging to the singular user. If there was more than one l00_Brave_Wolves, then it would just be "l00_Brave_Wolves' Profiles"

Here is a better example of what I am saying. We wouldn't say "Jess' box," as that implies more than one Jess owning the same box. We'd say "Jess's box," which refers to only one Jess.

ShogunCroCrop is correct. I had a teacher who would always remind us of this by asking, "Would you deny Jesus His apostrophe s?" How she got away with saying things like that, I'll never know.

ShogunCroCrop is correct. I had a teacher who would always remind us of this by asking, "Would you deny Jesus His apostrophe s?" How she got away with saying things like that, I'll never know.

According to this: http://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/apostro.asp that would be correct if "l00_Brave_Wolves" was a Regular Noun, but not so as it is a Proper Noun. although it does suggest that both cases may be acceptable.