Does difficulty actually affect the drop rate of the bounties?

I just got the platinum for this game today, my last trophy being the Arcana Bounty set. As it says in the guides for the bounty trophies:

"BEND has confirmed that difficulty affects the drop rate of bounties in the game, so you may wish to consider raising it whilst you farm."

I spent maybe an hour or two repeating the one section in Chapter 2 where you kill 8 enemies in one section, and whilst trying on Hard and Crushing, I had no luck and didn't even get a single bounty dropped. After getting all of the other remaining trophies in the game I purely focused on this trophy then and decided to see if I would get any luck trying to do it on very easy, and almost EVERY SINGLE TIME I restarted the checkpoint I got a bounty (I needed 7 more and I got all of them in like 25 minutes or so). I don't know how this system works, but if there is anyone who is doing this on the harder difficulties, give it a shot on very easy and who knows, maybe you will get the same luck as I did.

It felt like I got more bounties on Crushing. But then again I farmed most of them at the sections where you control a turret and have to snipe enemies to protect other characters. The only part I farmed on easy was at the dig site at the start of the game.

Same here, after my two playthroughs I pretty much got every single bounty with just a bit of farming (Mostly when I was doing the weapon kill trophies), but the Arcana bounty set was the one that I got barely bounties dropped.

• 1 year later...
On 7/29/2016 at 3:25 AM, NickMeister77 said:

I just got the platinum for this game today, my last trophy being the Arcana Bounty set."

I spent maybe an hour or two repeating the one section in Chapter 2 where you kill 8 enemies in one section, and whilst trying on Hard and Crushing, I had no luck and didn't even get a single bounty dropped. After getting all of the other remaining trophies in the game I purely focused on this trophy then and decided to see if I would get any luck trying to do it on very easy, and almost EVERY SINGLE TIME I restarted the checkpoint I got a bounty

I did all the difficulties with no luck on the Arcana Bounty set in that area. I needed 6 more and after 2 hours (on very easy) and restarting checkpoints and 100's of headshots I still didn't pick up bounties. SO I decided to RUN 'N GUN the enemies and got a bounty after every "RESTART CHECKPOINT." phew I almost gave up. Weird that the bounties starting dropping for me by doing RUN 'N GUN killing. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not at the end game myself but I was just also switching to RUN 'N GUN on a whim and I got the first bounty trophy within seconds of switching. Maybe coincidence, maybe not.

EDIT: At end game now. Seems patience and repeat kills/checkpoints on very easy works just fine for bounties

Edited by SpellbladeKnight