Do you think sony will ever let you change your psn name

CrazyTwin14

At first I was going to say no, because the key they chose to make your account unique was the name.

But then I googled it.

And apparently the only reason is because they think not being able to change your name prevents trolling.

Um.

According to Gamespot (2014) they intend to allow you to change names eventually, but again, they think it'll cause mass amounts of trolling.

Sounds like an excuse to me. I still doubt it'll happen, at least not for a long time.

Yes i think name changes are coming.

I know it means not alot but in a recent survery i filled out asking what changes i would like to see implemented PSN name changes was one of the selectable options.

Whilst I am not interested in a name change myself I did click the box for it because I know a lot of people want it.

Edited by JapanimeGamer

i hope it happens, my acc was supposed to be temporary but i never got around to changing it and now with the work put in id rather be able to change my user name.  

According to Gamespot (2014) they intend to allow you to change names eventually, but again, they think it'll cause mass amounts of trolling.

and this is kind of a weak excuse imo, when i couldnt find ppl to boost worms Armageddon it would take me less the 5 mins to make new accs. 

Edited by Leenewbe
  • Like 1

The cheap infrastructure does not support this so NEVER unfortunately.

What are you talking about? It's a really simple and light feature, especially if they'd limit players to 1 ID change in a lifetime. They could even have employees do it MANUALLY for a cost. With let's say $10 a username change (and it takes around 10 seconds for someone to do it) they would pay the required personnel.

What are you talking about? It's a really simple and light feature, especially if they'd limit players to 1 ID change in a lifetime. They could even have employees do it MANUALLY for a cost. With let's say $10 a username change (and it takes around 10 seconds for someone to do it) they would pay the required personnel.

Yes ofcourse it should be easy but the head ceo even admitted they cant do it. They would have to start fresh. Whats keeping them back from doing it then? I also suggested the same thing. Charge people money and that will eliminate trolls and sony would earn tonnes of money but no. Sorry.