Do you think sony will ever let you change your psn name

CrazyTwin14

I am aware this is a huge subject and one that I actually  support, despite the fact i'm happy with mine.

However I feel Sony gamers should have the choice like Microsoft gamers.

But to answer your question, NO, it will never happen, not even with a barrage of peer pressure unfortunately.

Hope i'm wrong though for all you gamers that find it a necessity.

I dont know if its a necessuty, but I also really hope that they will introduce such option. I mean a one time change for every psn user should be not to much asked right?

If you would be able to change psn id on the go, that would ruin things.

What do you guys think is the most important reason that they have never implented this? Unlike microsoft..?

Yea, but it can't be a name.

That would be serious because you would be able to easily exploit it.

The info is tied to PSNID but not name, it's probably some number.

you are probably correct. I just thought I heard the name thing as the reason why a year or so ago.....can't remember the source so......

personally everyone changing their ids would confuse me. I am not really that fond of my id name but I know a lot of people by their psnid only and I can only imagine what it'd be like if everyone changed their ids on the same day (like if anyone would change it they would most likely do it the first day, no hour, that the option becomes available

I don't think they will, not unless something's wrong with it. Buttwipe from the LaB comes into mind here, he went from Buttwipe to BannedWipe, but only after Buttwipe got blocked due to other players reporting him for whatever reasons. He got to keep his "stats", so to say, and only changed his name. There is a vid of him talking to a Sony employee and solving the issue. That, however, would be the only way of changing your ID right now. Have a bunch of friends report and subsequently ban you from the PSN, then call Sony and hope for the best. Or, just stick with what you got and take it as a lesson that your actions do have consequences. ;)

I'm only buying used game copies from Sony's first party studios as a sign of protest until they allow us to change both the ID and the region. It is obnoxious I can't change my region after I've moved to another country. I've also saved up a lot of money during the past few years by doing so.

Edited by MojoNJojo