Dash trophy tips

TrulySilentLie

After finally getting it (ended my streak at 994!) I felt I should probably give some tips of what I did to finally get it.

First, cover up the parts of the screen that shows your progress. You don't want the adrenaline to kick in as you're close, ending up with you getting out of rhythm when you only have 100 left (believe me, this helped immensely). You'll notice when you're done, and it's better to just go on until it happens, rather than counting down/up to it.

Second, get a song on that you both like, have memorized relatively well, and that is in the right beats per minute (roughly between 230-240 bpm). I tried for the longest time with a metronome, but it didn't keep me engaged long enough, I started to hear imagined patterns and I always ended up dropping the beat. The song I ended up using was Spider Dance from Undertale (

) but so long as the music fits the rhythm of the dashing, it should work.

Other than that, it takes practice, and lots of it. Before I managed to actually beat it, I could easily get to 100-200 without any help from metronomes/music. Oh, and one more thing, mute the game when trying to do this. It doesn't help at all when trying to get this trophy, all the music and sound does is disrupt your timing. There is some leeway with the timing, so you can slow down/speed up a little bit, but it's very small a change you can make and it's really something you have to get a good feel for.

I hope this helps, I know it took me forever to get this and I still consider it to be a heartless challenge to do on controller, but at least I have it behind me and I hope you will too ;) .

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey folks ;)

Here's my advice on obtaining this trophy

1. Do it on your normal/regular playthrough. The in-game reward will be an outfit, however, swapping outfits won't be available to you in NG+ due to the benefits granted while wearing them. I'm not sure whether the game keeps track across playthroughs/save files so just save yourself the trouble of having to do it twice. On that note, it's also worth mentioning that there is an outfit which will make timing the dashes much more forgiving (blue/green one), so go and grab it before attempting this.

2. As TrulySilentLie has pointed out, turn off the in-game music/consider tapping along to a song. Focussing too much on this tasks will most likely cause you to mess up. Just try to get into a relaxed state and leave the dashing to your subconsciousness. I actually obtained this while casually chatting with a friend, nodding my head and tapping twice per nod. That being said, avoid the game informing you of its existence by turning off the music/sounds.

3. Take your time. I gave it a try on my first day and got to 500, 700 on the next day, made it happen on the third while never spending more than 30 minutes on a session.

Feel free to contact me via PSN if you want to share your love for this/any other game and enjoy talking about this great hobby of ours ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Finally got it so I’m sharing my experience for those struggling.

Tried for 40-60 minutes in the evening for four days in a row, then finally got it around noon on the fifth day. Hard to say whether me being more awake/attentive at that time of day really helped but I feel like it did.

I used the spider dance method, same as OP. When I messed up, I’d generally be able to tell what my exact mistake was about 80-90% of the time. The rest felt like they may have been controller problems but I have no proof of this lil.

I’d generally start getting adrenaline rushes around the 600 mark, which threw me off two times. It also kinda helps though since it stops you ftom overthinking.

• 2 years later...
On 8/10/2016 at 1:21 AM, TrulySilentLie said:

After finally getting it (ended my streak at 994!) I felt I should probably give some tips of what I did to finally get it.

First, cover up the parts of the screen that shows your progress. You don't want the adrenaline to kick in as you're close, ending up with you getting out of rhythm when you only have 100 left (believe me, this helped immensely). You'll notice when you're done, and it's better to just go on until it happens, rather than counting down/up to it.

Second, get a song on that you both like, have memorized relatively well, and that is in the right beats per minute (roughly between 230-240 bpm). I tried for the longest time with a metronome, but it didn't keep me engaged long enough, I started to hear imagined patterns and I always ended up dropping the beat. The song I ended up using was Spider Dance from Undertale (

) but so long as the music fits the rhythm of the dashing, it should work.

Other than that, it takes practice, and lots of it. Before I managed to actually beat it, I could easily get to 100-200 without any help from metronomes/music. Oh, and one more thing, mute the game when trying to do this. It doesn't help at all when trying to get this trophy, all the music and sound does is disrupt your timing. There is some leeway with the timing, so you can slow down/speed up a little bit, but it's very small a change you can make and it's really something you have to get a good feel for.

I hope this helps, I know it took me forever to get this and I still consider it to be a heartless challenge to do on controller, but at least I have it behind me and I hope you will too ;) .

Absolutely amazing guide! I followed your tips and managed to get 993 dashed in my first real session, around 1hr in. Thanks a lot!.