Project Platinum: Monster Hunting

Satoshi Ookami

1 hour ago, ab4h4r4k1 said:

The wind howls. The sun, rising in the distance, welcomes me.

It takes a while, but I finally realize that my journey has come to an end, that I have reached the summit.

I look back, to the path I have overcome. The way lies empty where before were hordes of unimaginable foes.

A land of giant beings; a land of otherwordly demons; a technological and unfair future; a blighted, hopeless world; a world with man-made gods...

I can only hope others will make it here one day. That they, too, will win those seemingly impossible battles.

And here I wait. Alone with my victories.

Until a new battlefield needs me.

Because I am destined to fight. And I will always fight to win.

~ Van Ryker

And it is with great pleasure that I announce that I have attained this project's highest rank. It was not easy and I did not imagine that I would really get to it. When I got Soul Sacrifice and Ragnarok Odyssey, I really thought that I have picked challenges that could not be completed - mostly because of the online trophies, after all these are old games. Now I am a Hunter Rank 9, the Ultimate Monster Hunter, having also gotten the Road to Valhala stamp.

I would like to thank @Satoshi Ookami and for making this project and his words of encouragement as I posted my progress. I really enjoy this kind of game, but I would not have dared to play Soul Sacrifice and Ragnarok Odyssey if it were not for his comments.

If anyone needs help in any game, except RO: ACE (since I am still without my PS3), I will be more than happy to assist.

Now I have to wait for Toukiden 2 to get localized and defend this hard earned title. :)

I... have nothing to say so just...

Salute_cri.gif

Beautiful, Fantastic. Incredible achievement. I feel incredibly proud for having someone who actually achieved this rank!

You deserve to be the ultimate hunter. Congratulations.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ab4h4r4k1 said:

The wind howls. The sun, rising in the distance, welcomes me.

It takes a while, but I finally realize that my journey has come to an end, that I have reached the summit.

I look back, to the path I have overcome. The way lies empty where before were hordes of unimaginable foes.

A land of giant beings; a land of otherwordly demons; a technological and unfair future; a blighted, hopeless world; a world with man-made gods...

I can only hope others will make it here one day. That they, too, will win those seemingly impossible battles.

And here I wait. Alone with my victories.

Until a new battlefield needs me.

Because I am destined to fight. And I will always fight to win.

~ Van Ryker

And it is with great pleasure that I announce that I have attained this project's highest rank. It was not easy and I did not imagine that I would really get to it. When I got Soul Sacrifice and Ragnarok Odyssey, I really thought that I have picked challenges that could not be completed - mostly because of the online trophies, after all these are old games. Now I am a Hunter Rank 9, the Ultimate Monster Hunter, having also gotten the Road to Valhala stamp.

I would like to thank @Satoshi Ookami and for making this project and his words of encouragement as I posted my progress. I really enjoy this kind of game, but I would not have dared to play Soul Sacrifice and Ragnarok Odyssey if it were not for his comments.

If anyone needs help in any game, except RO: ACE (since I am still without my PS3), I will be more than happy to assist.

Now I have to wait for Toukiden 2 to get localized and defend this hard earned title. :)

Congratulations, well done completing all 9 games! :)

I just considered getting Souls Sacrifice and SS Delta, but retail new is too expensive, I won't spend 120 € on these games when I can get them on PSN for less than half. So, PSN it is, but not right now.

I think I will take you up on your offer sooner or later. That'd be for the solo missions in Kiwami. What kind of equipment do you recommend? I don't feel like getting close to them without armor or a Mitama to revive me, so the gun would be my weapon of choice for this (gun noob here, never tried this weapon as I didn't want to change from The Age of Demons to Kiwami). I would obviously send the Tenko to wherever we fight to make reviving someone easier, maybe it wouldn't be so bad with two ways of reviving (Tenko + at least one other player). I am aware of certain Mitama that let me survive one attack regardless of my armor and health, that could work as well if the game allows me to use Mitama. What do you think? Is gun the best choice for this?

14 minutes ago, viech54 said:

I think I will take you up on your offer sooner or later. That'd be for the solo missions in Kiwami. What kind of equipment do you recommend? I don't feel like getting close to them without armor or a Mitama to revive me, so the gun would be my weapon of choice for this (gun noob here, never tried this weapon as I didn't want to change from The Age of Demons to Kiwami). I would obviously send the Tenko to wherever we fight to make reviving someone easier, maybe it wouldn't be so bad with two ways of reviving (Tenko + at least one other player). I am aware of certain Mitama that let me survive one attack regardless of my armor and health, that could work as well if the game allows me to use Mitama. What do you think? Is gun the best choice for this?

Thanks. It was not hard, but at times I thought I would never get some trophies - all cards from RO and all Mitama from Toukiden comes to mind.

For the Kiwami solo missions, I used the most unlikely weapon: dual knives. As I said in the God Eater PP, I like to get close and personal against my enemies. So use the weapon you are most used to, especially elemental ones. The only trophy where I recommend the use of the gun is Seekers of Truth; for the others (against Jollux and Cimmerian King) you will be hard pressed when trying to keep your distance. Sending the Tenko to the same age you are going works wonders, especially with a Spirit mitama.

30 minutes ago, viech54 said:

I just considered getting Souls Sacrifice and SS Delta, but retail new is too expensive, I won't spend 120 € on these games when I can get them on PSN for less than half. So, PSN it is, but not right now.

Well, Delta does not have a localized physical version anyway. 

As for vanilla SS, you should be able to get used version easily under 20-30€.

13 minutes ago, ab4h4r4k1 said:

Thanks. It was not hard, but at times I thought I would never get some trophies - all cards from RO and all Mitama from Toukiden comes to mind.

For the Kiwami solo missions, I used the most unlikely weapon: dual knives. As I said in the God Eater PP, I like to get close and personal against my enemies. So use the weapon you are most used to, especially elemental ones. The only trophy where I recommend the use of the gun is Seekers of Truth; for the others (against Jollux and Cimmerian King) you will be hard pressed when trying to keep your distance. Sending the Tenko to the same age you are going works wonders, especially with a Spirit mitama.

Understandable, the cards and Mitama got in my way of completing RO: ACE and Toukiden Kiwami as well.

Dual knives sound good, that's my primary weapon. Thanks for the advice, I'll let you know if I need any help.

12 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Well, Delta does not have a localized physical version anyway. 

As for vanilla SS, you should be able to get used version easily under 20-30€.

I see, didn't know that. Yeah, you're right, I found a SS for about 20 €. Is it possible to use my SS savegame for Delta?

41 minutes ago, viech54 said:

I see, didn't know that. Yeah, you're right, I found a SS for about 20 €. Is it possible to use my SS savegame for Delta?

Yep, definitely. As long as the version of the game is the same. In your case, since you will be getting digital EU Delta, EU version of vanilla SS.

There is some Chinese version that is usable but I don't think you want that xD

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How long has it been since I used my blades?

When was the last time I felt the sweat on my forehead while facing an enemy?

Surrounded by the weapons I used in worlds so different, I meditate over my so called victories.

The pair of long knives, from a place where time was twisted, resonate with my heart then.

Something is amiss. There is a new threat rising against humanity.

I cannot help but grin. The lives of the common folk are in danger again, yet I feel an excitement I longed for.

Sheating the worn out Dual Knives in my back, I make my way toward this new challenge...

~ Van Ryker

@Satoshi Ookami Looks like you're gonna have to update this thread with Toukiden 2 release today. :D

4 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

I shall gladly degrade you, good luck returning :awesome:

Though, I first need trophy list to finish editing OP xD

It is not a matter of luck, my friend. It is a matter of time. B)

And the trophy list is still in japanese? It must be an easy list if devs are still keeping it a secret...

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, mako-heart said:

is anyone bothering with soul sac? i think im going to try to finish it next 8/ so id love to have someone to suffer with.

Create a Gaming Session and you will find someone who also wants some coop. And since the servers have no region lock, chances are good.

The only reason I dont volunteer to help now is because I am busy with Toukiden 2.

37 minutes ago, ab4h4r4k1 said:

Create a Gaming Session and you will find someone who also wants some coop. And since the servers have no region lock, chances are good.

The only reason I dont volunteer to help now is because I am busy with Toukiden 2.

haha, if worse comes to worst, I will. Since this is specifically for hunting games, I figured I'd ask here tho <3

You need to regain your crown, so don't worry about me!

16 hours ago, mako-heart said:

is anyone bothering with soul sac? i think im going to try to finish it next 8/ so id love to have someone to suffer with.

If you want it right now, then the answer is no. I don't intend to play the game this month and most likely keep this up next month as well. I don't really plan what to play next, it's a bit random, but feel free to add me on PSN and we'll see if it works out one way or another. I could probably need a change of pace around the second or third playthrough of Tales of Symphonia, maybe I'll make an exception and start Soul Sacrifice sooner than expected. Getting the plat in ToS takes at least 4 playthroughs.

Edited by viech54

After the new threat was vanquished, I came back to the promised place where my comrades and I vowed to gather.

The stories I have to share, and those that I will sure hear, make me anxious.

Unfortunately, the place is as I had left it. No one is here and the only footprints I see are my own.

Silence keeps me company, for such is the life of one who hunts monsters.

To perish on the battlefield; to live in perpetual struggle; to wait for another challenge.

And wait I will.

Somewhere, sometime, a new enemy will make a move againts innocents, only to meet my blades.

Such is the life of one who hunts monsters.

The life of someone destined to fight.

~ Van Ryker

And here I am to reclaim my spoils of war: back to the Ultimate Monster Hunter rank. I did not think it would be so fast to plat Toukiden 2 - especially when I have to work from Monday to Saturday and stopped playing now and then to watch some anime/series or simply hang out with friends.

And since there is no new hunting game news, I guess I will wait a long time to defend my position again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ab4h4r4k1 said:

After the new threat was vanquished, I came back to the promised place where my comrades and I vowed to gather.

The stories I have to share, and those that I will sure hear, make me anxious.

Unfortunately, the place is as I had left it. No one is here and the only footprints I see are my own.

Silence keeps me company, for such is the life of one who hunts monsters.

To perish on the battlefield; to live in perpetual struggle; to wait for another challenge.

And wait I will.

Somewhere, sometime, a new enemy will make a move againts innocents, only to meet my blades.

Such is the life of one who hunts monsters.

The life of someone destined to fight.

~ Van Ryker

And here I am to reclaim my spoils of war: back to the Ultimate Monster Hunter rank. I did not think it would be so fast to plat Toukiden 2 - especially when I have to work from Monday to Saturday and stopped playing now and then to watch some anime/series or simply hang out with friends.

And since there is no new hunting game news, I guess I will wait a long time to defend my position again.

Well, now that was quick. 

I didn't even need to demote you :awesome:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...