QA or game tester

Pina_TheGovernor

From what I know, and it's not that much, you test a certain section of a game over and over, and your main thing is to try and break it, so they can find and fix bugs.

Would likely kill my enjoyment of games.

Though again, I'm no expert xD and maybe I'm wrong, still. I'd rather play lots of games than the same a lot.

From what I know, and it's not that much, you test a certain section of a game over and over, and your main thing is to try and break it, so they can find and fix bugs.

Would likely kill my enjoyment of games.

Though again, I'm no expert xD and maybe I'm wrong, still. I'd rather play lots of games than the same a lot.

Yeah, I agree with you. I think it's not as "fun" as we think.

It would be fun I guess to find glitches and so.

I love finding glitches so no it wouln'd ruin my enjoyment xD

But as Ruliya said, imagine playing the same section over and over again... 

It ruins it. I'm qualified to be either of those as they are entry level jobs into the industry (bit higher than reviewer/journalist). Personally after doing what got me these qualifications, I can safely say I'm not interested in it anymore. It is literally doing nothing but the same thing over and over until you find bugs (or not); then you have to write detailed documents on what you found and explain the bug; if it happened each time, happened every other time, etc. It's something like a 60 hour per week job and since it is entry level to the industry, it's not that well paid for what it is.

People seem to assume game testing (QA is really not that different), is some fun thing where you get to play games that are no where near releasing for anyone else, only to notice you'll be stuck interacting with a NPC all day and just waiting for them to start glitching on you.

Overall, if you want some entry level job into the industry, get good at writing and become a reviewer or journalist; both of those won't put you off gaming like these would.