Nioh release date revealed - February 9, 2017

Aranea Highwind

The worldwide release date of Nioh will be on February 9, 2017 as announced during TGS. I suspected the game would be delayed for an early 2017 release for a while.

Publisher Koei Tecmo has announced the release date for its upcoming action game, Nioh. The game will launch worldwide on February 9, 2017 for the PlayStation 4. The news was revealed at PlayStation's pre-Tokyo Game Show keynote earlier today.

Nioh stars protagonist William Adams, a man who travels to Japan to become a samurai.

"Players will discover a deep and enticing world that blends history and Japanese folklore. The tough gameplay pits players against daunting and overpowering creatures, and encourages them to learn their enemies’ tactics to gain the advantage in battle," Team Ninja has said about the game.

"The protagonist, William, is not alone against the perilous Yokai, as he will be accompanied by a diverse cast of characters who will aid him on his travels across Japan. Hanzo Hattori, the head of a famous ninja clan, is William’s guide through the country. Ginchiyo Tachibana (wife of Muneshige, the head of the Tachibana clan) will also help William on his quest with her skilled fighting abilities."gnt6ayg.jpg

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-exclusive-nioh-gets-worldwide-release-date/1100-6443515/

Edited by Paige
  • Like 2

I've seen the spiders before, not that specific footage though.   Quelaag, I mean er, the new boss looks cool.   Of all the footage of devs, or whoever, playing Nioh, it's incredible how useless they all are at utilizing their own Ki pulse/flux mechanic.  lol   I'm still hoping there's more weapons and rarities, status effect weapons (poison, paralysis), and I'm still unsure what some of the blights do, the elemental procs.    Fire obviously is a DoT, but the others I'm unsure of, lightning maybe does more damage when further hitting an enemy with the proc?   Earth, I though it has a slight slowing effect, but I might have imagined that.   Not sure I remember wind/water procs.  Who knows.   Game is looking very good though.  :)

• 1 month later...

A few days ago the director of Nioh confirmed the game will take about 70 hours to complete, there's no plans for a PC version at this time and the game won't have an easy difficulty mode.

http://wccftech.com/niohs-game-director-the-game-will-take-70-hours-on-average-no-plans-for-pc-release-currently/

It seems we will be able to play as Hanzo, judging by this screenshot that was posted on Reddit today.

HKKeuut.jpg

Last but not least here's some gameplay footage from Paris Game Week 2016.

• Like 1