Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Elite is Free.

Sir_Bee

According to this article on IGN, elite services will be free this time around.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/10/15/black-ops-2-elite-service-will-be-free?utm_source=Monday%20newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=10.16%20Dynamic%20Newsletter_FNAME_8496_437211_437254&utm_content=15644342

Call of Duty Elite will offer the following features this time around:
  • Player HQ: Track Black Ops II stats including recent match data, heat maps, challenge tracking and the ability to modify classes using the Pick 10 system
  • Clan HQ: Join or create clans to participate in competitions
  • Zombies Leaderboards: Track your Zombie stats and compare to other players
  • Call of Duty Elite TV: Developer tips, strategy videos, custom class overviews and more
  • Social Integration: Notification system to stay updated on Black Ops II news, communicate with your clan and more

According to the earnings report, they sold 7 million elite passes, (as of jan. 31) which added an extra 350Million dollars of revenue.. But then again if those 7 million people had bought the 60$ worth of maps they would've made 420Million.. So if they release the same amount of DLC, they will make more money. It makes sense.

Elite was free. You simply downloaded the app from the PS Store.

Elite "Premium" wasnt. This was the one that gave you the dlc way ahead of those that were buying it in the collections.

Like the last one, which the Premium subscribers got on a Tuesday and it was available to buy as a collection on the Wednesday. 24 hours later.

Way ahead of the non-Premium that.

Also for a long time only Premium members could progress your clan ranking.

It doesnt matter to me anyway as I wont be buying Blops2, such was the pissing off that Activision gave over Elite. Nearly 6 months before you could play any clan ops! and even then it wasnt clan v clan like in KZ or similar games

Good, this is something that I felt should have been free in the first place, especially when their competition had something very similar for free. I guess this means the service won't auto renew, unless there will still be "Premium" for Modern Warfare 3.

Parker