Should I pick this game up again?

AbleArcher97

When Destiny first came out I played the crap out of it.  I had top end everything, right up until the year one update came out, making it all worthless.  I haven't touched this game since.  Now, I've heard that the new updates have made this game way better.  I've also just ordered a Vita on Amazon and need games for it, and Destiny is now on Vita.  So how grindy is it?  Does the game periodically wipe out all of your gear by releasing new gear that outclasses all the old gear with no way to upgrade the old gear to the new level?

I don't think Destiny is on Vita, the reason why the trophy list lists it is either it was a bug or maybe it is coming out soon, but there doesn't seem to be any information about it coming to Vita.

I believe this is true. As far as I know the PSVita tag on the trophy list is not correct (yet, maybe). The only way to play Destiny on PSVita at the moment is by using Remote Play.

It's grindy without question. It's not vanilla Destiny grindy, but the game is designed to be played and replayed a lot. For a lot of people it's a very social game. I catch up with friends while raiding or playing in the crucible. Remote play on vita is quite solid. Custom controls, but you'll miss the fidelity of the thumb sticks for precision control. Sufficient for non sweaty encounters.

• Like 1

The game is not available for the PS Vita, despite being listed on the trophies list. As for new gear replacing older gear, that tends to happen on these type of games. However all of the Y2 weapons & armor can be upgraded on Y3, so you can continue using your favorite weapons and armor. Not to mention a lot of favorites like Gjallarhorn, Thorn and pretty much almost every Y1 exotic has been brought forward in the game. As for the game being grindy, yes it but you have more options of leveling up and the mechanism is more fair now.

• Like 1

I don't think Destiny is on Vita

The only way to play Destiny on PSVita at the moment is by using Remote Play.

It's not coming out on Vita

The game is not available for the PS Vita

So no Destiny on Vita. I feel dumb.

The game is not available for the PS Vita, despite being listed on the trophies list. As for new gear replacing older gear, that tends to happen on these type of games. However all of the Y2 weapons & armor can be upgraded on Y3, so you can continue using your favorite weapons and armor. Not to mention a lot of favorites like Gjallarhorn, Thorn and pretty much almost every Y1 exotic has been brought forward in the game. As for the game being grindy, yes it but you have more options of leveling up and the mechanism is more fair now.

Year one gear can be upgraded now? Wow. Not being able to do that is what drove me to cast my copy of Destiny into the fires of Mount Doom in the first place. Edited by PantherPilot97

Year one gear can be upgraded now? Wow. Not being able to do that is what drove me to cast my copy of Destiny into the fires of Mount Doom in the first place.

Year one can't be upgraded directly, year one stuff is still year one stuff. You can buy the year two version of exotics for legendary marks in game though for all but 3 of the weapons which haven't been brought up, and Thorn and Gjallarhorn since those are earned from quests in RoI.

• Like 1

Year one can't be upgraded directly, year one stuff is still year one stuff. You can buy the year two version of exotics for legendary marks in game though for all but 3 of the weapons which haven't been brought up, and Thorn and Gjallarhorn since those are earned from quests in RoI.

Ah, I see. I misunderstood what you meant by "brought forward".