Treasure Hunter cash

Dragn_Whytefyre

I understand everything has to be upgraded. Ok. Fine. But wth do you get the Gil for all of it? I sold the bars the little robot gave me, but that's apparently a drop in the bucket compared to what I seem to need. Am I missing something? I mean, to upgrade all this crap is going to take millions.

And does EVERY weapon have to be upgraded to the max (when it hits the star)? That's in-freaking-sane.

Edited by Dragn_Dolphin

I understand everything has to be upgraded. Ok. Fine. But wth do you get the Gil for all of it? I sold the bars the little robot gave me, but that's apparently a drop in the bucket compared to what I seem to need. Am I missing something? I mean, to upgrade all this crap is going to take millions.

And does EVERY weapon have to be upgraded to the max (when it hits the star)? That's in-freaking-sane.

Yep, you need to farm the Long Gui to get platinum ingots and trapezohedrons (keep 6 of these, any extra ones can be sold for 200,000 gil each). And no, you only need to upgrade one of each character's weapon to the third tier and for that you need a trap catalyst. Check the guide for more info.

I farmed 40 plat ingots and sold 2 traps for a little over 10 million. I believe almost all of that was spent to upgrade everything.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

If a character has 8 weapons, all 8 need to be turned into tier 2 weapons. One of those needs to be turned into a tier 3 weapon. The tier 3 doesn't need to be upgraded to star level, and the other 7 tier 2s don't have to be upgraded to star either.

There is a handy chart somewhere I found that shows exactly how much xp each weapon needs to max each  tier. Very useful for determining exactly how much of each type of material to use without wasting any. 

I would actually recommend farming the Adamantortoise. It's much easier than Long Gui (and doesn't vanish, if you've gotten to that point in the game), and I found teh drop rates to be comparable.

^^ this. Wasn't paying attention to DAs post. You can farm three Adams in a circle before having to reload in the big open plain. I killed exactly one Long Gui (for the trophy) you can begin farming the Adams much earlier with the Sazh method and using summons. 

One thing to point out. There's a circle of Cie'th Stones out on the Archylte Plains. You'll know it when you see it. If you complete all the missions for those stones in that circle, all the Adamanchelids become Shaolong Guis, and all the Adamantortoises and Adamantoises become Long Guis. This change only applies for those enemies located on the Plains. The drop rates for the rare upgrade items and Platinum Ingots are better from beating the Shaolong Guis and Long Guis, but they're even more of a pain to beat than the other three enemies. If you do complete the circle and find the new enemies are a bit too much for you to beat efficiently, there's still an Adamantoise that you can repeatedly fight around Leviathan Plaza in the city of Eden.

Also, there's the trapezehedron duplication trick. Can cut down your play time a bit if you find the trapezehedron RNG isn't working in your favor.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...