Soultaker655's Let's Finish Events FAQs.

First thing first, why did I make this FAQ thread?

Because I've noticed some questions that tend to pop up in my let's finish events, so instead of answering them over and over I'll just answer them here. 

Okay, with that out of the way it's time to answer some asked and unasked questions.

What is a let's finish event?

A let's finish event is a Let's play/We play event for games that tend to fall into people's backlogs. There are 3 factors that help determine whether a game needs a let's finish event or not.

1. If a game is over a year old and has a sequel on the way.
  2. If a game is known to be a backlog game. (Plat rarity and game owner numbers are a good way to tell if a game is a backlog game.)
  3. If a game is unappreciated. (A game has to be good, but people just won't play it.)

All factors = Highest chance

Factor 1 + Factor 2 = High chance.

Factor 1 + Factor 3 = Mid chance

Factor 3 = Low chance

What is the point of a let's finish event?

To encourage people to finish the good/great games that are in their backlog.

What are the rules of a let's finish event?

Only one, have fun. Because if someone isn't having fun, there is no point in forcing themselves to play the game.

Is there a general pace to a let's finish event?

No there will never be a story or gameplay pace in any let's finish event.

Who can join a let's finish event?

As long as they haven't finished that game, anyone can join. People who have finished the game are free to talk in the thread and give advice. 

When do let's finish events end?

When everyone who has joined the event has finished the game.

When is the last day to join a let's finish events?

If a game has sequel, the day the sequel is released in the US.

How many types of let's finish events are there?

There are 4 types:

1. Let's Finish: The normal kind of let's finish event.
  2. Let's Finish the Sequel: After a let's finish game's sequel is released, if enough of the participants want to finish the sequel together this type of let's finish event will be made.
  3. Let's finish the After Party: After a let's finish game's sequel is released, that let's finish turns in to this type of let's finish. No one can join this event, it only exists to let everyone who joined the event finish the game.
  4. Let's finish (The Series): Has all the same rules as a normal let's finish event, but for a game series. (These are the rarest of the let's finish event, because I would prefer if each game had its own event.) (The first one was made by DetectiveCJ with my blessing)

Can a let's finish event for ______ be made?

If it has enough of the factors above yes a let's finish event for whatever game can be made. 

Who can run a let's finish event?

I don't care if someone want's to make a event in the same style as a let's finish event, but if they want to use the let's finish name just ask me first.

Current Let's Finish Events:

Persona 4 Golden

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

God Eater (The Series)

Toukiden Kiwami

Watch_Dogs

Gravity Rush/Daze

Kingdom Hearts (The Series) (run by DetectiveCJ)

Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below (run by DetectiveCJ)

Sword Art Online: Lost Song

Tales (The Series)

Mass Effect (The Series)

Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization

Let's Finish missed chances:

Criminal Girls: Invite Only: (The sequel comes out in a few days.) 

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse: (The sequel is less then a month away)

Final Fantasy XIII (The Series): (Final Fantasy XV is still Final Fantasy versus XIII, but two months doesn't fell like enough time to beat all three Final Fantasy XIII games)

Tomb Raider 2013: (The sequel comes out in a few days.)

Dishonored: (The sequel is less then a month away)

Potential Let's Finish events:

Shantae (The Series)

Tales of Zestiria

South Park: The Stick of Truth

ICO & Shadow of the Colossus (There is already an event for these games, but it died)

Yakuza 4 & 5

Injustice: Gods Among Us

Mass Effect (The Series)

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (There is already an event for this game, but it may be dead)

Evolve (The Free to play version may get rid of the current list)

FINAL FANTASY VII (Before the remake)

Rainbow Moon

AKIBA'S TRIP: Undead & Undressed

Soul Sacrifice Delta (Because I love it so much)

That should answer any questions about the let's finish events, but someone has another one feel free to ask them here.

Edited by soultaker655

1. Let's finish (The Series): Has all the same rules as a normal let's finish event, but for a game series. (These are the rarest of the let's finish event, because I would prefer if each game had its own event.) (The first one was made by DetectiveCJ with my blessing)

Yeah, thanks for giving me the okay on that. I wouldn't have done a Let's Finish series, but Kingdom Hearts is an awesome series that needs to be recognized (with 2.8 coming out in 2017) and the games themselves don't take forever to platinum, they're just difficult due to a player's skill.

And if you don't mind, I'd gladly take the burden of making a Let's Finish Dragon Quest Heroes thread. I'm struggling to finish that game myself and if SE decided to be nice to us English-speakers and localize Dragon Quest Heroes II, which looks awesome and has Dragon Quest VII characters in them and a class-change system for the two main characters(and a healslime wearing a frinkin' BERET! ^_^), I'd buy it in a hot sec. Dragon Quest has become my favorite series in the entire universe and I can see why the Japanese love it so much.

What about Sen no Kiseki (Trails of Cold Steel) before Sen III comes?

And a personal one I actually suggested in between talks once, Japanese Tales. Mostly to motivate people to play Vesperia (and me to actually start Graces, lol).

Yeah Trails of Cold Steel does have all factors needed to have a let's finish. Since the games are linked it would probably work best as a Let's finish (The Series). You could run it if you want.

The problem with making a Japanese Tales let's finish is that people would have to import the games and most spend most of their time head deep in a guide. Those are two huge hurdles to ask people to overcome before Tales of Berseria comes out.

Yeah, thanks for giving me the okay on that. I wouldn't have done a Let's Finish series, but Kingdom Hearts is an awesome series that needs to be recognized (with 2.8 coming out in 2017) and the games themselves don't take forever to platinum, they're just difficult due to a player's skill.

And if you don't mind, I'd gladly take the burden of making a Let's Finish Dragon Quest Heroes thread. I'm struggling to finish that game myself and if SE decided to be nice to us English-speakers and localize Dragon Quest Heroes II, which looks awesome and has Dragon Quest VII characters in them and a class-change system for the two main characters(and a healslime wearing a frinkin' BERET! ^_^), I'd buy it in a hot sec. Dragon Quest has become my favorite series in the entire universe and I can see why the Japanese love it so much.

Sure you can run the Let's Finish Dragon Quest Heroes thread.

Yeah Trails of Cold Steel does have all factors needed to have a let's finish. Since the games are linked it would probably work best as a Let's finish (The Series). You could run it if you want.

Cool, nice to know you would approve of it.

I'm going to need someone to make a banner if I run it, lol...

However, if I do... I could promote Kiseki PP... :D

The problem with making a Japanese Tales let's finish is that people would have to import the games and most spend most of their time head deep in a guide. Those are two huge hurdles to ask people to overcome before Tales of Berseria comes out.

I see... I was kind of expecting people to have Vesperia... 

Maybe you could put this on hold and in case it becomes popular, we can make it :D

And a personal one I actually suggested in between talks once, Japanese Tales. Mostly to motivate people to play Vesperia (and me to actually start Graces, lol).

I remember we briefly talked about this before. Just thought I'd say that I still love this idea. I really need some motivation to go and platinum Vesperia. It's just sitting on my shelf taunting me... :giggle:

Is there no way this could be a thing? :(

Edited by Undead Wolf

What is a let's finish event?

A let's finish event is a Let's play/We play event for games that tend to fall into people's backlogs. There are 3 factors that help determine whether a game needs a let's finish event or not.

1. If a game is over a year old and has a sequel on the way.
  2. If a game is known to be a backlog game. (Plat rarity and game owner numbers are a good way to tell if a game is a backlog game.)
  3. If a game is unappreciated. (A game has to be good, but people just won't play it.)

All factors = Highest chance

Factor 1 + Factor 2 = High chance.

Factor 1 + Factor 3 = Mid chance

Factor 3 = Low chance

What about a Demon Gaze event? Demon Gaze II is being developed and the first one is a hidden gem.

Will this convince you to make a Tales event then? :(  

BkoAC7B.png

I worked really hard on it. :P

Now when you guys say "Japanese Tales" do you mean Vesperia and Innocence r or do you mean all Japanese versions of the Tales games?

Edited by soultaker655

Will this convince you to make a Tales event then? :(  

BkoAC7B.png

I worked really hard on it. :P

CREATING NOW!

Now when you guys say "Japanese Tales" do you mean Vesperia and Innocence r or do you mean all Japanese versions of the Tales games?

I want Graces so yea, all Tales. I simply said Vesperia because I don't expect people to play localized ones in Japanese and because it's more popular than Innocence =)

Is there a specific character/image you want me to use? I prefer to work with renders, it's much easier to work with.

I thought about using the whole main cast if possible.

(Because not everyone prefers Fie like me :awesome:)

Since this is pretty much defining picture for Sen, I think this could be a nice base. Plus, it does not have Falcom watermark like other official wallpapers.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/jv1JU31l0So/maxresdefault.jpg

(And because Fie-tan is mecha kawaii here :awesome:)

Even though this is the best picture :awesome:

sen-no-kiseki-mag-tags.jpg

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

I thought about using the whole main cast if possible.

(Because not everyone prefers Fie like me :awesome:)

Since this is pretty much defining picture for Sen, I think this could be a nice base. Plus, it does not have Falcom watermark like other official wallpapers.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/jv1JU31l0So/maxresdefault.jpg

(And because Fie-tan is mecha kawaii here :awesome:)

Even though this is the best picture :awesome:

sen-no-kiseki-mag-tags.jpg

Ok, I'll see what I can do.

I want Graces so yea, all Tales. I simply said Vesperia because I don't expect people to play localized ones in Japanese and because it's more popular than Innocence =)

So why just the Japanese versions of the Tales games? Besides Vesperia and Innocence every other PS3/V/4 Tales games has been localized. Would it not just be simpler and more inclusive to have a Let's finish Tales (The Series)?