Ultimate Survivor Trophy. How difficult is it?

DF007gamer

I don't think so.I might be wrong but extreme survivor isn't that much different from survivor.Only bad thing is if you die in a chapter you start back at your recent campfire.Theres some parts than might be difficult but make sure you get collectibles and upgrades on that difficulty run though to make it easier.Thats what I did but that's my opinion.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I finished my Survivor run 2 days ago and it was pretty easy. Gather all possible resources, create healing packs when needed, do all the possible optional tombs and side-missions to get XP fast, unlock the skills for more XP, etc... and make sure you don't forget to validate all camp sites (I missed 3 that I had to backtrack). Each collectibles gives XP so try to get all (or most of them) on your playthrough (less to do post-game).

I also use mostly melee attacks or dodge/counter which are very efficient once you unlock the corresponding skills (even against the deathless ones). Enemies cannot hit you when you do a finisher (gives you 2 secs to get out of the way after a finisher and attack the next one).

I barely used the shotgun.

As one said, using poison arrows is a killer (or explosives arrow) and it pushes you further in the corresponding trophy (craft 25 arrows of each). If you have the witch DLC, do that as soon as you can to get the confusion arrows which gives you stealth kills XP (on people killed by confused enemies).

I couldn't change the difficulty after (I guess on purpose?), so I finished the 100% on survivor as well.

Bears/shielded enemies are annoying in melee only but once you get used to the timing for dodge/counter it gets easy.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Theres not much difference between them but you only get to realize that once you 100% the Game on Seasoned Raider or Survivor mode. I cant recall which is allowed to be selected and which is  not. But to grasp the totality of this topic, one can only appreciate it once you know what may or may not lay ahead. You dont have total recall but the actual experience is ingrained into you.

Man I miss the Challenges and Croft Manson. Which reminds me.....I have 1 DLC trophy to pick up.

Sweet Dreams
Croft Manor: Finish Lara's Nightmare

• 3 years later...

Bringing up a 3 year old topic but I wanted to share my experience: 

Currently finishing my Survivor run and it's really not that difficult. However, I do think the combat encounters are pretty meh and sometimes awkward, and some camera angles can mess you up, forcing you to repeat some sections. But I don't know, guys... I'm not really having fun with this game. I completed a normal run back in 2017 and dropped it completely, and now I remember why. The excessive collectibles annoyed me after a while, I didn't really like the story, I don't like the melee... I don't even know if I'm going to do the rest of the DLC trophies.  

• 1 month later...