Hardest time trials?

New display name

On 10/24/2023 at 1:51 PM, x7251 said:

Cranes 2 was one of the time trials I skipped. Are you going for the 100%? If you are, I recommend going for 3 stars on the DLC time trials Flow, Razzmatazz, Reflex, Reflex Redux, Synesthesia, and Velocity. 

Lol, I'm stuck with these now that I've gotten 3 stars on anything in the main game trials besides Artium 1 and Shard 1 and I find every and single one of the Pure Time trials far more difficult that the main game. My problems are more with the general design of them. I'm actually getting a big headache of those weird shapes in different bright colors. I don't see me getting three stars in any of those. :(

On 10/24/2023 at 6:51 AM, x7251 said:

Cranes 2 was one of the time trials I skipped. Are you going for the 100%? If you are, I recommend going for 3 stars on the DLC time trials Flow, Razzmatazz, Reflex, Reflex Redux, Synesthesia, and Velocity. 

I recently got the 90 stars and followed this comment for the DLC trials. To me, they are all easier than some of the main game trials. Reflex and Reflex Redux were a bit more challenging to me, but maybe because how confusing they seemed to be 😄 I also got three stars on three stars on Chroma. Not the easiest but also not the hardest in case you are missing a few stars

• Like 1

6 hours ago, darkriku96 said:

I recently got the 90 stars and followed this comment for the DLC trials. To me, they are all easier than some of the main game trials. Reflex and Reflex Redux were a bit more challenging to me, but maybe because how confusing they seemed to be 😄 I also got three stars on three stars on Chroma. Not the easiest but also not the hardest in case you are missing a few stars

I just got my 90 stars (and then the plat) earlier today and I agree. I didn't get 3 stars on Reflex but I was only 2 seconds away from it. I just figured I should give Reflex Redux a try for a change because I was getting sick and tired of the Reflex and then I got it.

Funny little fact btw. After getting the 2 stars in Reflex and reaching 87 starts in total I somehow accidentally landed on the options menu. And there I saw that we could customize sensitivity on our controls!!! I didn't realize this up to this point. Whenever I watched the guides I always thought that the quick turns and whatnot were a result of playing on PC. It was an option all along and yet I went through all speedruns and every time trial besides Reflex Redux playing on default sensitivity? I so much hate myself now!

Once I changed that it was a bit at first but it felt so buttery smooth. I'm sure this would have helped. Why is the low sensitivity the default anyways?

• 1 month later...
On 11/3/2023 at 4:21 PM, Ivotas said:

I just got my 90 stars (and then the plat) earlier today and I agree. I didn't get 3 stars on Reflex but I was only 2 seconds away from it. I just figured I should give Reflex Redux a try for a change because I was getting sick and tired of the Reflex and then I got it.

Funny little fact btw. After getting the 2 stars in Reflex and reaching 87 starts in total I somehow accidentally landed on the options menu. And there I saw that we could customize sensitivity on our controls!!! I didn't realize this up to this point. Whenever I watched the guides I always thought that the quick turns and whatnot were a result of playing on PC. It was an option all along and yet I went through all speedruns and every time trial besides Reflex Redux playing on default sensitivity? I so much hate myself now!

Once I changed that it was a bit at first but it felt so buttery smooth. I'm sure this would have helped. Why is the low sensitivity the default anyways?

oh wow, yeah you definitely have to play the game on max sensitiviy (which isn't really that high anyways), to be able to get easy sidejump boosts. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, westersburg said:

oh wow, yeah you definitely have to play the game on max sensitiviy (which isn't really that high anyways), to be able to get easy sidejump boosts. 

Yeah, I always felt that my inputs should lead to faster movement in the game. But I never even considered that the slowmotion-esque movement could have anything to do with settings. I only have myself to blame for this.😅

• 2 months later...

This is a good topic, helped me to save lots of time. Skip:

Playground 3 two*. Get two stars and forget about it.

New eden two*. This is a crazy hard level overall. Got two stars only with that crazy final jump. No way to go after 3 stars.

Atrium one two*. The hardest level for 3 stars? May be Actino rise is harder. Two stars easy to get here.

Shard one two*. Not that bad, three stars are possible here.

Razzmatazz two*. Three stars are really hard. One of the hardest level in game.

Actino one*. Hmm, I can get here three stars, but dont like the level. So skip it, its hard too.

Actino rise one*. The same level like atrium one. Its even hard to get two stars. So skip it.

Spend more time then needed on Edge, until I found that in the end you can run straight to the jumping area, no need to jump to the right platform. On Heat in the end just run to the platform on far end that goes up. Its ridiculous easy to finish stage that way. Others stages are very doable with practice.

• 1 month later...

I just managed to get those 90 stars, here's what I skipped :D maybe it will help others:

Playground 3 - 2 stars. Getting all stars here isn't worth it because of the length of this level. 2 stars is doable enough.

Atrium one - 2 stars. Getting 2 stars is not that bad, getting 3 is almost impossible, there are some pesky platforms in this level that won't let you wallrun properly.

Shard one - 2 stars. The level was too nasty to even bother with 3 stars.

Shard two - 2 stars. It CAN be done with 3 stars, the track is easy enough, but it must be traversed perfectly. Time is really tight here.

Razzmatazz(DLC) - 2 stars. A true balancing act, this one is nauseating. Lots of narrow platforms.

Actino(DLC) - 1 star. Whoever made this level really had a grudge XD get 1 star and don't bother with it anymore.

Actino Rise(DLC) - 2 stars. The biggest issue with this level is the finding the path to the finish line and the odd buggy collision detections. Otherwise, it's not as bad as it seems.

Reflex(DLC) - 2 stars. Nothing worked in this level for me, I barely got 2 stars with a 00:00:05 time difference. 

Honorable mentions in terms of difficulty were Chroma, Kinetic, New Eden and both Convoy maps. I mostly used ovendonkey's tutorials, each trial is explained step by step in his videos, together with reasonable paths (no wall kick glitches).

• Like 3