Let's Finish the Sequel: SAO: Hollow Realization

So I just started this today, am about 7 hours in and... it feels like I haven't accomplished anything yet lmao. (Well, I did manage to raise Sinon, Philia and Leafa's affinity to level 4 out of 6, but still)

This is gonna be one VERY time consuming plat. Raising Affinity takes forever, the mood of the heroines for the bed CG's is random AF, leveling goes super slow right off the bat...

But what annoys me the most is the character models lmao ! What have they done ?! Leafa has like the best character model :P

So I just started this today, am about 7 hours in and... it feels like I haven't accomplished anything yet lmao. (Well, I did manage to raise Sinon, Philia and Leafa's affinity to level 4 out of 6, but still)

This is gonna be one VERY time consuming plat. Raising Affinity takes forever, the mood of the heroines for the bed CG's is random AF, leveling goes super slow right off the bat...

But what annoys me the most is the character models lmao ! What have they done ?! Leafa has like the best character model :P

That sucks, I was hoping the affinity wouldn't be such a painful grind this time.

That sucks, I was hoping the affinity wouldn't be such a painful grind this time.

And there's also the levelling. Trying to fight monsters that are a few levels higher than you will surely bite you back as they hit really hard ! Yet I still need to find a good way to power level... If only there was a guide xD

And there's also the levelling. Trying to fight monsters that are a few levels higher than you will surely bite you back as they hit really hard ! Yet I still need to find a good way to power level... If only there was a guide xD

Aren't there any useful buffs like in SAO HF? Hyper/PRT Armour and PFT Style really made powerleveling a lot easier.

Aren't there any useful buffs like in SAO HF? Hyper/PRT Armour and PFT Style really made powerleveling a lot easier.

There might be, gonna need to check into that. So far I only unlocked the healing and extra exp battle skills. Couldn't play today, I had a tattoo session :P

There might be, gonna need to check into that. So far I only unlocked the healing and extra exp battle skills. Couldn't play today, I had a tattoo session :P

Ok, what kind of tattoo did you get?

Even if there are, it's going to take a while to unlock.

Remember, we are starting on level 1 this time =D

It's not like SAO HF gave us a lot of spare skill points and mastered weapons ;).

Okay guys, I'm not sure how many of you started the game on Vita or even started the game in itself but...

It's very tough for me to say it but... get PS4 version.

Seriously. I never thought I would be saying something like this, but after playing the first area of the game, I'm unfortunately convinced of it.

It's plain to see that the game is designed for PS4. It's so big that Vita's screen is insufficient. But first and foremost, the optimization is crap.

It's fairly possible to survive FPS drops in the main city since you don't need to be there that often. Field is pretty doable but... area bosses are hell. Serious hell. This was the last thing that convinced me to say the statement above. The game becomes literally unplayable. The FPS drops to maybe 5 (yea, seriously) and more than anything, you are randomly casting and hoping for hit and that you will not be hit because dodging is absolutely out of question.

So... OSS/SSCing area bosses will be most likely impossible on Vita :/

For those of you who already purchased the Vita version... I would still say trade it for PS4 version :/ There IS supposedly patch coming but... there are two buts. First is, it's not fix in itself, it just removes additional NPCs by giving you a chance to choose how many additional parties you want to bring. So... subsequently, making the boss fights harder as you can't use NPCs as shields. And the second, MORE critical one. And one that is probably going to fix this Plat on UR, difficulty spike. That patch is going to 'raise difficulty' by cutting player damage to 1/3. Fun, right?

This also greatly affects PS4 players because they will be unable to not download this patch provided they start playing late. So, once the patch rolls, it will actually be easier to Plat it on Vita (provided you do not download the last patch, only some previous one) despite enormous technical issues.

Well... I gotta say I'm quite disappointed at how bad the Vita version is :( I'm debating whether I should buy PS4 version or get through the Vita version to see if it's actually possible to Plat the game on Vita. I'm more inclined to the latter since that brings more valuable info as there will surely be people asking if it's worth buying the game on Vita because they don't have PS4 yet.

And I'm ignoring the localization which is... BAD. Seriously BAD. They are trying way too hard to create their own story instead of actually translating what is being said o.O

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Not being able to just download the game without the patches only applies to digital versions. Anyone who got the disc version on PS4 should be perfectly fine. With that in mind, if what you're saying is true, it's best to get the physical PS4 version over anything else as it'll give you the easiest time with the plat.

Sign me up, baby!

*cough* Lisbeth *cough*

Added to the event, welcome and have fun.

What do you think?

1K8HdxG.png

Looks great. Thanks  :highfive:

Okay guys, I'm not sure how many of you started the game on Vita or even started the game in itself but...

Seriously. I never thought I would be saying something like this, but after playing the first area of the game, I'm unfortunately convinced of it.

It's plain to see that the game is designed for PS4. It's so big that Vita's screen is insufficient. But first and foremost, the optimization is crap.

It's fairly possible to survive FPS drops in the main city since you don't need to be there that often. Field is pretty doable but... area bosses are hell. Serious hell. This was the last thing that convinced me to say the statement above. The game becomes literally unplayable. The FPS drops to maybe 5 (yea, seriously) and more than anything, you are randomly casting and hoping for hit and that you will not be hit because dodging is absolutely out of question.

For those of you who already purchased the Vita version... I would still say trade it for PS4 version :/ There IS supposedly patch coming but... there are two buts. First is, it's not fix in itself, it just removes additional NPCs by giving you a chance to choose how many additional parties you want to bring. So... subsequently, making the boss fights harder as you can't use NPCs as shields. And the second, MORE critical one. And one that is probably going to fix this Plat on UR, difficulty spike. That patch is going to 'raise difficulty' by cutting player damage to 1/3. Fun, right?

This also greatly affects PS4 players because they will be unable to not download this patch provided they start playing late. So, once the patch rolls, it will actually be easier to Plat it on Vita (provided you do not download the last patch, only some previous one) despite enormous technical issues.

Well... I gotta say I'm quite disappointed at how bad the Vita version is :( I'm debating whether I should buy PS4 version or get through the Vita version to see if it's actually possible to Plat the game on Vita. I'm more inclined to the latter since that brings more valuable info as there will surely be people asking if it's worth buying the game on Vita because they don't have PS4 yet.

And I'm ignoring the localization which is... BAD. Seriously BAD. They are trying way too hard to create their own story instead of actually translating what is being said o.O

That is a shame. Sure I'm normally the guy that says the PS4 version is the better version of games, but it hurts to be proven right in such a way. :(

Why are they weakening player damage? Are people blowing through the bosses too fast or something 

Nah jk, I heard the Vita version suffers from lots of frame drops, but this sounds like a broken piece of $#!t :(.

I went into the game fully expecting that but... it was much worse than I could imagine.

Why are they weakening player damage? Are people blowing through the bosses too fast or something 

Frankly, no idea. The game is pretty unforgiving at the start. Frequency of dying is pretty much God Eater level (if you don't use items in both cases) since even normal mobs have buffed AI (guarding, skill cancelling is happening VERY often) and chest guarding NMs are incredibly broken. You have literally 0 chance to defeat them when you are on lower level and they mostly kill you if you are on the same or 1-2 levels above them. Heck, I killed the very first one you meet only now after finishing the first area. Sure, I got an awesome sword for that but still.

So far, I have no idea why would they want to lower the damage output.

Maybe I'll see more when I get to higher levels and get more skills. Because... despite the tragic technical performance, the area boss fight in itself was pretty easy. On the other hand, the prerequisite fight against 2 NMs was once again tough.

So... dunno if they made NMs deliberately OP so you would need avoid them throughout the first playthrough or what =D

I went into the game fully expecting that but... it was much worse than I could imagine.

Frankly, no idea. The game is pretty unforgiving at the start. Frequency of dying is pretty much God Eater level (if you don't use items in both cases) since even normal mobs have buffed AI (guarding, skill cancelling is happening VERY often) and chest guarding NMs are incredibly broken. You have literally 0 chance to defeat them when you are on lower level and they mostly kill you if you are on the same or 1-2 levels above them. Heck, I killed the very first one you meet only now after finishing the first area. Sure, I got an awesome sword for that but still.

Maybe I'll see more when I get to higher levels and get more skills. Because... despite the tragic technical performance, the area boss fight in itself was pretty easy. On the other hand, the prerequisite fight against 2 NMs was once again tough.

So... dunno if they made NMs deliberately OP so you would need avoid them throughout the first playthrough or what =D

So from browsing gamefaq's it seems like once you reach around level 60 you just start blasting through HNMs super fast. 

This particular one was rather tanky, a lot of the others died before I could reach 21 on the first OSS chain.

Main stuff you need (full gear and skills at the end of vid too)

Overdrive: double buff duration

Attacker EX

Hyper Armor: 60 second invincible

Variable Hero: SSC + 16

Weapon Mastery: SSC +2

Ephemeral Strength: 30 second ATK 200%

Whatever other damage boosts you can

Pretty similar to HF, just go invincible and burst the boss down with a super OSS combo, which is even easier in this game.

Supposedly DW lovers can pop the Attacker exclusive buffs then swap to Celestial Swords.

Don't need to stress about babying your crappy partner AI / gear doing it this way either.

It looks like patches are coming really fast because the next one (patch 1.05) will bring player damage back up from the 1/3 nerf

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fhr.sao-game.jp%2Fdlc%2Fpatch%2F&edit-text=&act=url

Damage back to 1.03 standards (except on "Strong enemies")

- SSC made easier

- Stats will affect attack/defense etc

- Popular buffs will have their animations removed

- To add SSC+ effect to a few buffs

- Variable Hero, Overdrive and Hyper Armor nerfed

- Gain more affection during dates, praising and skillchains

I'm kind of surprised that mmo balance problems are popping up in this game.

Edited by soultaker655

PS4 version has occasional crashes too. Graphics also look oversharpened on PS4, especially the 2D ones (or maybe this is just my tv, but I never had this with other games). Friendly AI's are retarded AF in battle... PS4 version isn't flawles either 

Wait what ? They're nerfing damage ? Damage is already greatly inferior to what I was used to in HF... Let's hope Soul's right and they buff it back up.

And even though I can't understand much Japanese, even I noticed that the translation is off.

NM's are ok imo, but the fact that there's HNM's of level 100+ in the first area of the game (when you start at level 1) is ridiculous.

Also, protip: I got some VERY awesome weapons from completing all the green extra quests thingies in one area (idk what they're called, but they're like the Hollow missions from HF)

2nd Protip: Praise your waifus A LOT in battle, makes the affinity go a lot faster AND they automatically get better gear by praising them enough.

Almost got my first out of a bazilion affinity trophies.

Btw, Anyone know if there are missable CG's yet ? And does anyone know if Argo, Yuuki, Agil, Klein,... Also have Bed CG's or if it's just the main waifus ?

yes the first one was pretty easy but in my opinion the second area boss fight is a pain in they ass. The idiotic NPC KI got killed in one minute completely, they even disaperred from the battlefield .

Well, that will be nice, better FPS xD

So from browsing gamefaq's it seems like once you reach around level 60 you just start blasting through HNMs super fast. 

I kinda expected that, but that's way late in the game and it's always like that, you overgrind, you are okay.

But if they nerf the beginning, players are not going to get through to that part where they actually are OP.

It looks like patches are coming really fast because the next one (patch 1.05) will bring player damage back up from the 1/3 nerf

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fhr.sao-game.jp%2Fdlc%2Fpatch%2F&edit-text=&act=url

Damage back to 1.03 standards (except on "Strong enemies")

- SSC made easier

- Stats will affect attack/defense etc

- Popular buffs will have their animations removed

- To add SSC+ effect to a few buffs

- Variable Hero, Overdrive and Hyper Armor nerfed

- Gain more affection during dates, praising and skillchains

I'm kind of surprised that mmo balance problems are popping up in this game.

Well, hopefully localized version will skip nerf patch and simply go to this one.

Even though nerfed Hyper Armor and Variable Hero, me not gusta.

PS4 version has occasional crashes too. Graphics also look oversharpened on PS4, especially the 2D ones (or maybe this is just my tv, but I never had this with other games). Friendly AI's are retarded AF in battle... PS4 version isn't flawles either 

I didn't have any crashes on Vita, that's positive, but still, playing the game on stable FPS would still work better despite all this :D

NM's are ok imo, but the fact that there's HNM's of level 100+ in the first area of the game (when you start at level 1) is ridiculous.

Not that much. You know you have no chance against those but you feel you have a shot at NMs =D

Also, protip: I got some VERY awesome weapons from completing all the green extra quests thingies in one area (idk what they're called, but they're like the Hollow missions from HF)

2nd Protip: Praise your waifus A LOT in battle, makes the affinity go a lot faster AND they automatically get better gear by praising them enough.

ad 1: Weapons? I'm only getting EXPs, Col and upgrade materials from them.

EDIT: Oh, you are right. It really happens. I guess I must have missed some in the first area. On the first part of second area, quest reward chest appeared.

Or maybe the red (high leveled quests) count towards clearance of the map...?

ad 2: Yep, I forgot to add it here, but Praising definitely seems to be the most effective affection booster. But it still takes a crapload of time... I'm on 5.25 level with Keiko and it doesn't even move, lol

And since we're adding protipis.

3rd Protip: Never run with weapon. Since movement speed is now a thing, you are much faster if you sheathe your weapon.

4th Protip: Ignore enemies below your level. It will be a pointless waste of time. EXP system is exactly the same as in previous SAOs, bigger the difference in levels is, lower EXPs you get.

Btw, Anyone know if there are missable CG's yet ? And does anyone know if Argo, Yuuki, Agil, Klein,... Also have Bed CG's or if it's just the main waifus ?

CGs apparently aren't missable but dunno about those bed CGs.

Also, boooooo censorship.

CvyH7nFUIAAEb4r.jpg

CvyH7A6VYAQYszL.jpg

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1